“Two weeks later, still reservation...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Hidden Kitchen - CLOSED

The Hidden Kitchen
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Buenos Aires closed door restaurant featuring Asian flavors in a casual fun environment. Perfect for a unique Buenos Aires dining experience.
London
“Two weeks later, still reservation...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

sounds like a great place, but while they paid for web hosting, no one's home. Got a canned email that I would soon get another email, well, after a few days, 2 weeks for that matter and certainly past the Saturday we had booked, I think "hidden" stands for defunct or nunca.

There is a prev. reviewer who went hungry by chasing the same phantom eatery... I get it, it's a PR stunt, the more we are being frustrated about wanting to eat at this place, the more of a cult image they develop. I'd say don't hold your breath, the Hidden Kitchen is a *has been.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cineasta
FrancesRenHuang, Manager at The Hidden Kitchen, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Hi ! Tofu Pong sorry ! Sorry for the inconvenient we caused you. Hidden Kitchen is a pop-up restaurant that is quite hidden. We will be poping-up in April. Tofu Pong hope you check out our facebook page for announcement. Bye bye !

London, United Kingdom
“This doesn't currently exist!! ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

After seeing the great reviews, my wife and I set about to experience this place, with a bottle of wine in hand. Annoyingly we couldn't even find it. Number 1000 doesn't exist! As it was raining and we were completely soaked trying to find the door, we eventually gave up hunting for this hidden restaurant. Later on we emailed them through the website only to find that it's just a pop up and won't be open again until February! So we can't comment on the food, though thought it was worth warning off any other travellers from wasting the same amount of time that we did. Check online before you go. Hopefully TA can flag this up in the description.

6 Thank thedinosaw
Singapore, Singapore
“so good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

everything about this place is fun-- the welcome cocktail, the onda of everyone who works there, byob, family style food that's just so excellent. loved trying so many different things, everything given so much attention and care that the flavors work perfectly and surprise you and make you want to eat more than you've ever naturally eaten in your life. so, so good.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cassie C
New York City, New York
“Yes! Chinese Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

After several days of steak and fries in BA, I was so thankful to get a seat a last minute seat at The Hidden Kitchen. The food was abundant and amazing. I am hoping one day Francis might share her ox tail and crispy duck recipes with North America because I would LOVE to immerse my taste buds in that again. My companion was a little skeptical that we'd be eating out of someone's home dining room but everything was completely professional. The venue was actually a venue, not someone's house. The timing of the dishes was professional, just like in a good restaurant. Everyone sat at the table was served at the same time, and each dish (of the 5 or 6 total!) came out in good timing, after plates were cleared and not too long between courses. The service and food was actually better here than some of the fancy restaurants we'd been to on this trip. Definitely one of my most memorable meals in BA.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank png888
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Buenos Aires Gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

I can't stress enough how amazing the food is at the Hidden Kitchen. The quality, preparation and presentation was on point through out my entire meal. The combination of things that I never thought could go well together (who knew lime and peanuts could be so delicious?) was spectacular. Our service went above and beyond, especially considering a lot of the servers I had experienced up to this point were mediocre at best. I thought for sure when I went that it would be brimming with people, however it was a great medium. Not too many, not too little -- made for a really enjoyable experience! I absolutely loved the way they explained every dish with detail and excitement, I could tell that even their servers liked what was coming out of their kitchen. Absolutely recommend! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012