“This doesn't currently exist!! ”
Review of The Hidden Kitchen - CLOSED

The Hidden Kitchen
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Taiwanese
Dining options: Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Buenos Aires closed door restaurant featuring Asian flavors in a casual fun environment. Perfect for a unique Buenos Aires dining experience.
London, United Kingdom
“This doesn't currently exist!! ”
Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

After seeing the great reviews, my wife and I set about to experience this place, with a bottle of wine in hand. Annoyingly we couldn't even find it. Number 1000 doesn't exist! As it was raining and we were completely soaked trying to find the door, we eventually gave up hunting for this hidden restaurant. Later on we emailed them through the website only to find that it's just a pop up and won't be open again until February! So we can't comment on the food, though thought it was worth warning off any other travellers from wasting the same amount of time that we did. Check online before you go. Hopefully TA can flag this up in the description.

6 Thank thedinosaw

Singapore, Singapore
“so good”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

everything about this place is fun-- the welcome cocktail, the onda of everyone who works there, byob, family style food that's just so excellent. loved trying so many different things, everything given so much attention and care that the flavors work perfectly and surprise you and make you want to eat more than you've ever naturally eaten in your life. so, so good.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Cassie C
New York City, New York
“Yes! Chinese Food!”
Reviewed December 14, 2012

After several days of steak and fries in BA, I was so thankful to get a seat a last minute seat at The Hidden Kitchen. The food was abundant and amazing. I am hoping one day Francis might share her ox tail and crispy duck recipes with North America because I would LOVE to immerse my taste buds in that again. My companion was a little skeptical that we'd be eating out of someone's home dining room but everything was completely professional. The venue was actually a venue, not someone's house. The timing of the dishes was professional, just like in a good restaurant. Everyone sat at the table was served at the same time, and each dish (of the 5 or 6 total!) came out in good timing, after plates were cleared and not too long between courses. The service and food was actually better here than some of the fancy restaurants we'd been to on this trip. Definitely one of my most memorable meals in BA.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank png888
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
“Buenos Aires Gem!”
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I can't stress enough how amazing the food is at the Hidden Kitchen. The quality, preparation and presentation was on point through out my entire meal. The combination of things that I never thought could go well together (who knew lime and peanuts could be so delicious?) was spectacular. Our service went above and beyond, especially considering a lot of the servers I had experienced up to this point were mediocre at best. I thought for sure when I went that it would be brimming with people, however it was a great medium. Not too many, not too little -- made for a really enjoyable experience! I absolutely loved the way they explained every dish with detail and excitement, I could tell that even their servers liked what was coming out of their kitchen. Absolutely recommend! You won't be disappointed!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Charley W
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Go there, eat that!”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The Hidden Kitchen (http://thehiddenkitchen.thelostasian.com) has been one of my best BsAs finds. A golden little secret that won't be a secret long.

The food, presented in courses, is elegantly arranged and super, super tasty. From the very start with the lime-chili-ginger peanuts I was sold. From there we got to watch as Frances and her side-kick dished up these incredible scallion pancakes, followed by a spicy veggie soup with pork stuffed napa cabbage rolls, spring rolls and more... THEN dinner. It's a slow, sit and enjoy and soak up the awesome onda experience. It catered well to both a romantic evening for two, friends out to make more friends, or a large group looking for a great place to eat and relax.

Also, you can bring your own wine making it a more affordable option than many that I've encountered.

(More) bonus points: the food is spicy, the staff fun, and the chef very personable and interactive.

• Visited October 2012