“pure buenos aires”

Norte
Ranked #148 of 6,919 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Centro (Downtown)
Reviewed February 6, 2019

One cannot avoid noticing this restaurant when passing outside - it literally oozes life, its packed at all times by locals enjoying garguantuan helpings of food, seemingly enjoying life altogether. The décor is pure argentina, overwhelming but real fun.

It's right in the center, a few minutes away from Teatro Colòn but prices are more than reasonable, helped by the huge fall of the peso.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed November 7, 2018

This place is always crowded! Lunch & dinner. You have to time it just right to get a table. Depending on the time it gets pretty noisy. It's crowded because they have good food at reasonable price. One of the last times we went the steak wasn't as good as it used to be. Definitely going at a time that is not crowded makes a difference. Reasonably priced wines. Pretty much anything has been good. Huge portions!

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed October 31, 2018 via mobile

If you are a tourist, you probably will not notice this little restaurant with shabby interior, but you should definitely have a dinner here if you stay nearby. You cannot ignore the fact, that locals are queueing up to get a table there on any weekday after 9pm. So come earlier!
Tables, walls, decoration - definitely are not the reasons to visit Norte. The food is. Especially meat.

Date of visit: October 2018
Reviewed January 3, 2018

If you want to know what it's like to eat at someones home in Argentina, this is the place.
Fabulous Argentinian comfort food staples prepared with care and generous portions. As is the case with Argentinian food, it has it's rooted mainly in Europe, mostly ( but not limited to ) Spain and Italy. This restaurant has clear Spanish roots and are overt fans of " San Lorenzo", a soccer team typically associated with the Spaniard immigrants ( Boca Jrs with Italians, although these associations are really old school and not as current ). Next door, you'll find " El Cuartito" one of the Best Pizzerias in Buenos Aires, but I am ASHAMED to say I never ate there because I am soooo magnetically attracted back into "Norte" ( plus I have another super favorite pizzeria in BS AS I go to when craving Pizza, see my reviews)
THIS PLACE IS A SURE THING!! Will NEVER disappoint! Enjoy!! I live abroad and can't go every day, so sad about this!

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed October 8, 2017

I was part of a group looking for a late night meal and we were accommodated upstairs at Norte. I decided on the steak with mushrooms and potatoes and gave the order to the waiter. After everyone else's food came, he asked what I ordered and told him and he said he would put it in. Great! I was willing to wait a few extra minutes since we were all enjoying a nice social meal. My entree finally arrived and looked good. However, when I cut into the steak, it wasn't rare, NO. IT WAS PURPLE AND RAW!!! I sent it back and asked me not to bring it back. I was very disappointed with Norte, to say the least.

Date of visit: October 2017