“Perfect mix of Bs. As. life”

El Otro Porteno Walking Tour
Ranked #96 of 285 Tours in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: "El Otro Porteno" are walking tours in Buenos Aires beyond the touristic areas. We want to give the opportunity to travellers for a local cultural experience. Local walking tours everyday of the week: Discover CABALLITO's hidden Gems. Walk through BELGRANO's past & present Memories. Visiting the city's neighbourhoods and tasting the flavours of our food we use to eat everyday. Everyone can join us to walk the streets of the city as another porteno. We are a local team of Portenos so you can bet we'll give our best."
Buenos Aires, Argentina
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect mix of Bs. As. life”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am so happy that I decided to take this tour with Elisa. She was a wonderful, enthusiastic tour guide. Even though I was the only person to show up for the tour, she gave me the entire tour by myself, which I was very impressed by. Her tour was the perfect mix of Buenos Aires culture, as I refer to in the title of this review. She showed me a book market, a beautiful church (just one!), a famous coffee show, a pulperia (gaucho hang out), and a tango club where I am planning on taking classes in the future. Overall just a wonderful experience that I would recommend to any visitor to Buenos Aires with a free Monday morning.

3 Thank katiegutt
arieiber, Propietario at El Otro Porteno Walking Tour, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Wow, thanks againg for this review on Caballito Tour. It really is an impressive neighbourhood and Elisa is happy to show you around. Thanks and I wish you a great experience in BA.

Santiago, Chile
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour in Caballito”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Although that I personally knew the neighborhood before, I had no idea about its history. Elisa, the guide, showed us interesting places of the area and with old pictures of it, explaining us the history with a lot of details. My favourite spot was the real tango place, which is really mind-blowing.

1 Thank esteban r
arieiber, Propietario at El Otro Porteno Walking Tour, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
We're happy to hear you have a great time and you could learn more about the city! Thanks for visiting and for the review!
Port Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
“Must For First Time In BA”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

As someone who has never been to Buenos Aires this was recommended to me by a friend and it was the perfect way to start my trip. I had Ariel for a guide and it was a fantastic experience. He was extremely friendly and it felt more like a friend showing you around BA then a tour guide. He was very knowledgeable knowing a great deal about the history of the city. Also, he knows a few different languages so most people would be able to have a great time. He even took me and my friend to a traditional asado afterwards and it was a great experience.

I would fully recommended this to anyone heading to BA.

Visited July 2013
arieiber, Propietario at El Otro Porteno Walking Tour, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thanks! I love this type of review! I enjoyed very much too to tour around Buenos Aires, sometimes, I know new stuff in the same city. Its pretty cool! I wish you can come back soon, there's much more to see!... thanks for the review once again!
Allport, Pennsylvania
“Something actually unique to do in Buenos Aires”
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Currently I am studying abroad here in Buenos Aires. Last night, one of my housemates of the residencia asked, "Would you like to go on a free walking tour of Belgrano with me tomorrow?" I said yes because after already being here for over a month, I wanted to do something different than go shopping, go to a feria, or any other typical tourist attraction. I had been searching online for something to do in which I could learn more about argentine history and culture. Without having any foresight, (thanks to my roomie and awesome tour guide Ariel) I was able to do just that! We had a small group, which made it very relaxing and easy to ask many questions. It was wonderful to learn about the history and attractions of Belgrano from a porteño who grew up in Belgrano. I definitely recommend this tour if you are interested in learning about a beautiful neighborhood of the city and doing something different than the typical "things to do in Buenos Aires"

Visited July 2013
It was a great afternoon walking in Belgrano. We aim to be a small group specifically so we can meet one another! I'm so glad you like it, and you took all these cool photos! Thanks again for coming, We'll be waiting you on the other tours!
Belo Horizonte, MG
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Amazing tour in Caballito”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've been in Buenos Aires for a 5-day trip, on the first two I got to know most of the touristic sites, but I wanted to see a place not made for tourists. The tour to Caballito filled that desire. The guide, Elisa, tell us about history, architecture and some stories about the buildings and argentinian traditions. For me, the greatest spots were the Church of Caacupé (which is very beautiful and we can't tell by the outside), the Confeitaria Las Violetas, and the completely inovative Tango place, where people go to dance and to learn Tango. If you want to see a different aspect os Buenos Aires, this tour is tottaly recommended.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank Arthur M
arieiber, Propietario at El Otro Porteno Walking Tour, responded to this review, June 20, 2013
Thank you very much! We also love the Guadalupé Church and that is the discovery we promote in every tour! Come back whenever you want, you'll be more than welcome to keep discovering the city's hidden gems!