“Should be #1!”

i Latina
Ranked #1 of 4,736 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Latin, South American, Colombian
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Colombian siblings Santiago, Camilo and Laura Macías, created this fine dining restaurant to bring the best gastronomic flavors from the Caribbean coast of Colombia to Buenos Aires. Santiago is the chef of the restaurant. Laura and Camilo will be your hosts.Every Tuesday through Saturday evening, we offer a seven-course tasting menu in which you will discover different flavors and ingredients of the latin american cuisine, paired with the best Argentine wines. We are located in a beautiful house in the Villa Crespo neighborhood of Buenos Aires. Reservations are required and can be made by phone or email. We invite you to discover new flavors and enjoy a completely unique gastronomic experience.
San Diego
“Should be #1!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Just got home from Ilatina, entrusting my last nt in BA to this restaurant/closed door - and couldn't be more satisfied. Wow! The brothers are as warm as they are inventive chefs. Impeccable food, wine, service, and atmosphere.

It is a hybrid closed door and restaurant and has the best of both. I am so full but kept saying yes to more flavors and wine.

Unsurpassed value at 260 per person. The only experience coming close was Tegui which was also a dream. But this was half the price and more personal. My advice is book both places for diverse memorable experiences. Bravo!

1 Thank MikeinSD

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was a superb meal from start to finish :

The best bread basket/tray I have ever had

Every dish absolutely delicious, great wine accompaniments

Top notch service - great descriptions of each dish and wine

Lovely ambience and interior

I highly recommend anyone visiting Buenos Aires to eat here. The food is Colombian influenced, it made a refreshing change from steak-centric meals.

I wish I had longer in BA so I could eat there again!

New York City, New York
“Outstanding, Creative Food Not to be MIssed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

By far the best meal we had in Buenos Aires. Beautiful modern/industrial chic setting with open kitchen and stained glass panels. We had the vegetarian tasting menu, and were wowed with the myrlad of flavors and tastes. The wines paired with the food were great too. Service was excellent. We spoke to the friendly, young owners after our meal, who are siblings from Colombia who moved from Bariloche to Buenos Aires and opened this restaurant. Surprising that it has only been here for 3 months. Chef is a talented whiz and food is on par with top New York city restaurants. I wish them the very best of luck and success. Come to New York and do a pop up!
A couple of minor things, restaurant directions were a bit cryptic and we were walking around a dark street in a residential neighborhood and were unsure where it was. A block number could be helpful.

• Visited November 2012
Miami, Florida
“Treat yourself to the best "closed door" dining in Buenos Aires!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

It was a bit of a ride to the Colegiales neighborhhood from Recoleta, but well worth it. We arrived at a beautiful turn of the century white Mansion on a leafy and quiet street. There is no name on the outside but the cab driver assured us it was the correct address. As we approached the black iron door we finally saw I Latina on the courtyard wall and caught a whiff of the food from ithe kitchen. Our host led us into a beautiful high ceiling room facing the open kitchen. We sipped our champagne as he explained the tasting menu and we browsed the wine list. We opted for the wine pairing and each course was served with the perfect and very generous portion of wine, refills offered without having to ask. We marveled at the quiet intensity of the Chef and our host's wife in the kitchen, almost like a ballet with no wasted motion, just one exquisite dish after the other in pure harmony. So refreshing to find this level of dining in a closed door restaurant, and with such flair in seasoning with Peruvian and Colombian nuances as well as Caribbean flavors. The service is impeccable and you are made to feel welcome into their home the moment you step inside. We started our annual vacation in BA with our worst ever dinner experience in Argentina but fortunately ended it with an amazing evening at I Latina ... Gracias!

• Visited November 2012
“Fantastic food, excellent wine, great hospitality!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

I went to I Latina on my last night in BA. I hadn't heard of these 'closed door' restaurants until almost at the end of my trip, and I Latina was recommended to me by an ex-pat. I contacted them on the off-chance that they would have a single seat available (you often need to book far in advance at these types of places as seating is limited) and fortunately for me they did, travelling alone can have its advantages!!

I was welcomed warmly by Camillo and treated to an absolutely wonderful 5 course meal with various latin american influences, and 4 different wines from around Argentina. Three of the courses were fish / seafood based which made a delightful change from the very red-meat heavy menus you see most commonly in BA. The food tasted so fresh and flavourful, every mouthful was a delight! The various homemade breads were also superb.

I asked to take a break between the 3rd and 4th courses as I was feeling quite full and wanted to savour the remainder of my meal, and was not rushed at all, in fact I was in the restaurant for almost 3hrs! This meal truly was a highlight of my visit, and was fantastic value for such a gourmet experience. I look forward to coming back again the next time I am in BA.

Thank you Camillo and Santiago - I wish you would come to New York and open up an I Latina there!