“Lovely night, great house, great hosts”
Review of Nola

Nola
Ranked #198 of 4,984 Restaurants in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Gastropub, Wine Bar, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
London
“Lovely night, great house, great hosts”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had a lovely night and for the price I think it's fab. It's hard when you become the number 1 restaurant/dinning experience on trip advisor. Expectations are high. Food was very much like what a friend would serve at a dinner party at their house. I agree it's not high end restaurant standard. If i score it as a dinner at your friends house in BA then it's a 4, but compared to the likes of ilatina then it's like a 3. I feel bad writing that. I definately would recommend but the food isn't good enough for number 1 status. Liza was amazing and her house was just lovely. Perfect American/Argentinian dinning experience in a friendly home and great to talk
to other diners

1 Thank LondonAtoB

Warren
“Enjoyable experience”
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

A delightful experience, with good food, great company and local wines for just 65 pp. the chef is delightful, service is very good and worth a trip

Irvington, New York
“Wonderful Evening!”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Liza and Francisco were fabulous hosts in their very attractive and welcoming home. The four course meal paired with wine was excellent and also a great value. We shared the evening with 3 other couples at a large table and had a great conversation with lots of laughs. Liza also sent me recipes to her mango gazpacho and sea bass ceviche...can't wait to try it myself.

Cajun in Southwest Louisiana
“A little bit of home in Buenos Aires.”
Reviewed December 21, 2012

We ate here on our last night in Buenos Aires and thoroughly enjoyed it. First let me preface that we are from Louisiana and this was a surprise for my wife. Although there are many great restaurants in BA we were missing some of the spices that our palettes had gotten used to. The food served here didn't let us down. The wine pairings were perfect and kept coming. Perhaps that is why I don't remember exactly which wine was which. Francisco, Liz and Sara were excellent hosts. Even after the AC bit the dust and the heat went up we enjoyed our visit immensely. The company at the shared table was the best part and should be a standard option at all restaurants.

Midland Park, New Jersey
“Awesome Concept and Great Food”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We had a wonderful experience here. I think I might have had dinner with Chrissymahoney because we also dined with tourists from US, Australia and Sweden!! Anyway, the food was great and offered some spice which you do not find in Buenos Aires. The house was lovely and I felt like I was dining with old friends. Would highly, highly recommend this as an alternate to just another Parrilla restaurant.