“Great experience”

Parrilla Tour Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Parrilla Tour Buenos Aires takes you on a food tour of the best and most authentic restaurants in the city where real locals eat. Taste traditional food and wine at secret hole-in-the-wall restaurants, learn about the culture and cuisine of Argentina (in fluent English), and hear memorable stories from Porteno chefs.
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This is a great authentic eating experience in Buenos Aires. We really enjoyed all aspects of the Parilla tour in San Telmo. That is meeting a few like minded travellers, tasting great local food and wine in a non tourist environment with great guides who explain the food and culture in a friendly way. Definitely a must do for food lovers and tour haters.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had a great time on this food tour in Buenos Aires. Our guide, a young woman named Belen, took us to 4 different stops where we tried foods traditional in Argentina. All of the tour stops were where local porteno people frequent. Not places that put focus on trying to be trendy, but food family run restaurants. A huge bonus of our tour was the guide. She was prepared and was so friendly and welcoming. At the end she was happy to get a cab for us as well as call and make a dinner reservation for the next night a restaurant in San Telmo that was our favorite meal of the trip.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being from BBQ country in the US I have quite high standards for grilled meat! I saw this tour written up on a food blog and decided I had to try it out when we passed through Buenos Aires. The food we tried was excellent and defintely lived up to the hype. My favorite foods on the tour were the chorizo sandwich with chimichurri sauce and the ice cream at the final stop. Besides the food, a huge value of the tour was everything we learned from our guides. They were happy to answer our endless questions about Argentina.

1  Thank Wilson P
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I´m someone that hates organized tours, but booked a tour with Parrilla Tour after a friend recommended it, not knowing quite what I was getting myself into. I was happily surprised and had a great afternoon with the two founders of the company, Dave and Santi. In total we were 8 people, a nice sized group since I got to meet some interesting people, but not so large that you felt like you were on one of those obnoxious tour groups. I was told 8 was the average group size. We visited 4 different little restaurants and tried a food at each and an outstanding malbec wine at the main stop. All of the places we visted were ultra local and you could tell the owners of each were passionate about making their foods. At the end of the day I walked away knowing all about Argentine food and culture as well as had a nice relaxing afternoon. I don´t like tours, but I recommend this tour!

1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed April 30, 2013

This parrilla tour is a must for all foodies traveling to BA! We are a family of three and were lucky enough to have the guide, David, to ourselves. We chose the Palermo option, and the tour was very informative, relaxed, and most of all delicious! We loved every item served on the tour, and dining at authentic local restaurants was a great experience. Most of all, David was really knowledgable about local cuisine and culture. He answered all of our questions (we had a lot), and even gave us many recommendations of things to do and where to go while staying in BA. The tour and David went above and beyond our expectations. Can't say enough great things about this tour!

1  Thank Megan B