“Pricey, but quality food.”

Decata Palermo Hollywood
Ranked #54 of 130 Dessert in Buenos Aires
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Palermo
Toronto, Canada
“Pricey, but quality food.”
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I had a breakfast and lunch at Decata and enjoyed both meals. Yes, prices are a little bit higher than some of the other cafes in the area, but this reflects the quality of the food and generous portions. I enjoyed a breakfast with yogurt and fruit along with the tea, orange juice and water (very good yogurt from a glass jar, seemed organic and unsweetened…perfect!), and for lunch I recommend sharing the picada platter with someone. My husband and I enjoyed the rustic potatoes, olives, serrano jamon and other tasty treats that were all presented very nicely on the platter and we couldn't even finish all the food between the two of us (but maybe those with larger appetites can!). Overall, this comfortable cafe is a keeper in my eyes, especially because the service was very competent and friendly, and never complained about my husband and I lingering for so long with our computers using their free wifi after only ordering a simple breakfast.

• Visited February 2014

Amsterdam
“just too expensive”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Excellent pastry, no doubt about that. Everything else is just like any other coffee shop / restaurant in the neighbourhood. But pricing is just too high.

• Visited January 2014
New York
“Lovely with great food and wonderful service”
Reviewed February 1, 2014

The Hotel Bobo in Palermo recommended this restaurant to all guests.

My daughter and I wanted a casual, very early (by BA standards) dinner. We're also vegetarians.

The wait staff could not have been more accommodating, and the chef made us an off the menu dish with lots of beautifully grilled vegetables on pasta with an amazing sauce. Lovely dulce de leche dessert, salad, etc.

The full menu had something for everyone, and the ambiance is very nice.

• Visited January 2014
San Francisco, California
“Beautiful Space for a Coffee”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Staying in an apartment nearby, we made Decata our morning go-to spot. While the coffee was delicious, I mostly enjoyed the atmosphere. A beautiful space, full of communal wooden tables, brass access, chipped paint, antique typewriters - you know the style. The style wasn't limited to the atmosphere either - the clientele held their own.

The downside of Decata: it's unnecessarily expensive. What we paid for a coke, tostada, and a coffee bought us two dinner entrees and drinks elsewhere in Argentina.

• Visited August 2013
Buenos Aires, Argentina
“Special x tea time”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Don't miss the incredible cakes, cookies & muffings, ideal x tea time or coffe time as well. Breakfasts & brunch are also really good, but skip saturdays' crowds if you want to enjoy these desserts.

Visited March 2013