“Worth It”

$110.00*
Dinner Tango Show including transfers in out
$161.00*
and up
Buenos Aires Combo Tour: Tigre Delta Half-Day Trip Plus La Ventana Tango Show...
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy a traditional Argentinean tango show with an appetizing South American dinner.
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Very talented, professional tango show. I especially loved the musicians - could have listening to them even longer! The dancing was superb. Did not pay for dinner - drinks were included and transporation from Recoleta for about US $100.00.

1  Thank Andrea S

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Thhis venue was recommended by my hotel and got good trip advisor reviews but my friend and I were very disappointed. the whole thing had a very hard, commercial edge to it. It is held in quite an atmospheric building and it ws quite smallish so good views of the stage but as soon as we got in they were trying to get us to buy expensive cocktails in addition to the expensive dinner package we had already purchased. They were very stingy with the wine at dinner, which didn't really matter as it was cheap and nasty, the worst wine i tasted in the whole of my Buenos Aires trip. There was also much less tango than I had anticipated and too much pipe music which I found boring. there was a very entertaining display of boleadores, though. Overall, I could not recommend the meal package at all, shockingly overpriced, but the show might be worth seeing if you are interested in the non-tango aspects such as the Andean pipes.

1  Thank Pollyanna1000
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very over priced, meal edible , wine rough. On arrival offered cocktails not included in the price, staff not very attentive and unless you were both drinking the same wine no bottle left on table, so went thirsty between trying to attract a wine waiter . Show was good but went to local music and dance away from tango. Any extra payments at the end of night, if bank card used it took over half an hour and chasing the waiter to find out why they still had your card, before they informed you they needed you to sign at the reception desk. No apology complete lack of interest in customers.

2  Thank IKTraveller
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked this show as part of my stay in Buenos Aires. I was picked up at my hotel at 7:30 to arrive a little before 8. The meal was three courses served over 2 hours. I found the portions to be large, too large to finish in fact, but quite tasty. Unfortunately dinner took entirely too long at 2 hours, especially since the show is another 2 hours on top of this. The show is entertaining, but you cannot take pictures which was a shame. I enjoyed all the acts, although I think I would have enjoyed it more had I seen the show on a shorter day. I had flown in that morning and I was very tired by midnight, so I recommend saving this for mid-trip. Towards the end of the show the waiters try and sell you tango pictures, CDs, and DVDs as souvenirs. A great idea, but they do it during the show which is distracting and I just waved them off because I wanted to watch the show, not examine these items. They should sell them after. Overall, worth a visit.

3  Thank anonymous9257
Reviewed November 5, 2012

You can't visit Buenos Aires without seeing a tango show...but which one? I read lots and lots of reviews before deciding on La Ventana in San Telmo. The venue is very nice, the show is beautiful with about 10 dancers and it doesn't feel like a Vegas show. We've been very impressed with every part of the show. It lasts 2 hours and we enjoyed every minute. Not only tango, but you're in for a few surprises. It's $140/person including dinner and a bottle of wine. The service was very good considering they have to feed around 200 people before the show starts at 10pm. We had a beautiful night and I highly recommend that one.We were two couples and we loved every minute of our evening. We've been in BA for 4 days and it's been the highlight of our stay! Something to remember.