$139
$115
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $143/night.

$289
$269
$149
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $174/night.

$348
$282
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$390
  • Pool
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)
$239
$172
$189
$134
Official Site
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $159/night.

$451
$343
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $429/night.

Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$144
$137
$565
$535
1,462 results
All reviewsflorida streethalf blockbusiness centerbreakfast buffetexcellent locationpedestrian streettango showhotel barcharming hotellong flightconciergemicrocenterpuertogymwardrobetaxisbuenos
Reviewed September 5, 2009

Once in Buenos Aires, this is the hotel I prefer to stay. I have been in some other ones but this is I like most. It is very well located, a few step from the Florida street where we find the best shopping area of Buenos Aires. It is a walking distance to Galeria Pacifico Mall. The bell captain can get easily a cab if we need. In my opinion, it is very good for businessmen and honeymooners.

The hotel front desk is very helpful and they work hard to please guests. Continental breakfast was leveled to a higher step. The Superior rooms are cozy and very comfortable, amenities are excellent. Ladies will feel fine with hairdryer, flip flops and bathrobes. As it is a classic building, lifts are small (max 4 people) and the safety deposit boxes are in the lobby. It should be better to have them in our rooms instead. Internet is available but it is not free. The business center is simple but it works. Definitely there are many options in Buenos Aires but this one fits perfectly for me.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2009

I will start off my review by saying that my view of the Claridge was really influenced by the fact that I stayed at another hotel - the Tryp - that was both nicer and cheaper, on this trip. I also reviewed that hotel and would recommend it over the Claridge.

My husband and I stayed at the Claridge for three nights in November 2008. We chose this hotel based on other reviews, and it is certainly a very nice looking hotel. Very elegant and historic. In retrospect, maybe a little on the stuffy side for a couple in our late 20s.

I found our room to be very small and outdated looking. Everything about the room was dated and in need of a renovation. I appreciate the history of the hotel, but the vibe of our room was just old and outdated. And it didn't feel very clean either, although I'm sure it was as clean as it could be. It just seemed quite worn.

The breakfast every morning was quite good and plentiful. We also enjoyed their pool area, which was very popular. It was a nice oasis in the middle of the city. Also, their location (about a half block from the Calle Florida) was great.

Overall, I might have considering going back to this hotel if I hadn't also stayed at the Tryp during this vacation. But knowing that there is a hotel that is cheaper, cleaner, less stuffy, with bigger rooms, and in virtually the same location means that I probably won't be back.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sunwise
Reviewed August 15, 2009

Hotel Claridge was a fantastic base for first time to Argentina travelers. Near to Calle Florida which has lots of shops, hustle and bustle, expense and even Tangos in the street! It is within walking distance of the redeveloped Puerto Madryn area which has many bars and restaurants. The rroms were spacious and extremely quiet. We spent most of the holiday wondering if anyone else was staying there!

The breakfast has a good selection and the staff are very helpful.
The hotel puts on a selection of free events during the month and we were luck enough to have a front table during the tango evening on the 31st July, fab!

Only 2 less positive points, 1) The wait time for a drinlk for the bar (although the Caipirinas were very good) and the length of the mini mini wardrobe in our room which doesn't even allow for a skirt to hang out!

Room service was good too and we had a perfectly cooked steak.

All in all though a great experience and I'd return here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2009

The installations were very well treated. The rooms are clean, comfortable and the furniture are well distributed. The location is perfect; very near to Calle Florida and the best places to have lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed June 20, 2009

We just returned from a trip to BA and strongly recommend the Claridge to anyone looking for a central location, willing to walk to sites and places to eat and enjoy a quality place at a terrific price and value for the money.
-Breakfasts were bountiful and a large variety of meats, fruits and bread were there daily. You can also get eggs cooked to order as part of the deal and it is open until 10:30A on weekdays and 11:30 on weekends. Don't overlook this option as a way to eat late for breakfast and save on meals! Since most folks do not eat lunch until mid-afternoon and dine after 9 in the evening, this helped!
-The staff was very friendly, knew the area and city and willing to guide you as you needed. You are on a busy street, during the week but wouldn't know it with the hotel and its well-built structure.
-The use of the business center and its computers for free is a plus as is the pool and health club( at a charge for some items but free for sauna/workouts in a stocked gym area with machines and free weights
-Rooms are good sized but our bath was a bit tight with the toilet, bidet and sink and shower all squeezed in. A bit tight but overall, clean and good water pressure.
It was quiet, great service by the maids and had TV with multi-channels in many languages.
-Nightly turn down service is provided, if asked.
-Location is near Florida ( less than 50 yards ) and many areas can be walked to with little effort such as Puerto Madero, San Telmo, Avenida de 9 Julio and others. Lots of choices for eating, shopping and just people watching are very close

We will stay here again---it worked for us, our room was quiet and faced the pool/garden and we just liked it. For the money and cost, it is a delight and I recommend it.

It is NOT for hip and swinging folks who wish nightlife in the hotel but is IS a slice of old BA and authentic, a classy place and good addition to our trip.
I recommend it highly!