“Rooms OK, staff not so”

Amerian Buenos Aires Park Hotel
Ranked #128 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

As the title suggests the rooms were acceptable, although I wasn't sure if the fluff filled skirting boards were fashionable! But they were OK, my issue was the staff and in main the reception. I felt our presence as guests was some how getting in the way of there work. In one instance I asked at reception for an iron and was told best to call housekeeping as they didn't know! On another occasion whilst waiting for a lift from my floor for seven minutes to reception, the doors opened with the bell boy, but was abruptly told I couldn't enter as he was using it to pick up luggage, after waiting two more minutes I asked if there was a stair case I could use, in reply he said it was for emergencies only, but relented after sensing my frustration and told me they were next to the service lift! Ahhhhh why oh why wasn't he using them?
The overall feel was that of complacency, it's busy, there in the capital people will always book. Not me, will never use that group of hotels again, a shame as the bar staff, housekeeping and breakfast staff were more than attentive.

• Stayed: October 2013
There are newer reviews for Amerian Buenos Aires Park Hotel

Reviewed November 7, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for one night on October 2013.It is centrally located ,nice restaurants around. You can walk by foot to most attractions in the microcenter including placo di mayo and the building around.The room was spacious with nice bathroom. Breakfast was fair,eggs were cold, the bakery was good. The staff was helpfull and tried to do the best.It is a good choise for short stay

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Raul C, Guest Relations Manager at Amerian Buenos Aires Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Thank you very much for visiting Amerian Hotels.
after reading your comment, we adjust the procedures in this sector.

greetings!

Reviewed September 14, 2013

I found the Amerian clean and comfortable. It was nice and close to the Galleria Pacifica Mall and Florida Street which were both great for shopping. I was attending a conference at the Shereaton and it was only a 15 minute walk away.

Room Tip: Ask for room on the opposite side to the entrance as there is a bar across the street that plays lo...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I sent almost a month living in Amerian Park Buenos Aires, for work purposes. I was assigned a twin room on the 11th floor, and when I requested a double bed, I was told none were available for at least a week. The room has cable TV, a safe and a decent sized bathroom. The view of the Buenos Aires city skyline wasn't the nicest view, but definitely better than what my colleagues got on the lower floors.
During my one month stay, breakfast was exactly the same... every single day. Eggs, bacon, toast, cereals, "facturas" (croissants), yoghurts, etc,
The gym was a deathtrap, but having checked the website, it looks like it may have been upgraded.
The location was good, near Florida street, a short stroll to Puerto Madero and la Casa Rosada. In general I felt safe walking around at night, although large amounts of garbage piled on the street are a bit of an eyesore.
Overall, considering the price paid, I feel Amerian delivered on what it offered, but didn't exceed any expectations.

Room Tip: If you don't smoke, avoid even getting off the elevators in the smoking floors. They reek!!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Downtown Buenos Aires would never be my prefered place for a hotel: heavy traffic and very caotic. Howver, this hotel is good located near to Galerías Pacífco mall and walking distance to all attarctions in downtown: plaza de mayo, teatro Colón, 9 de julio Avenue, Puerto Madero...

Rooms are not very new and service is not excellent: I tried to change dollars in the lobby and they said they couldn't do it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juan Felipe M
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We had planned ( and paid) to stay for four nights but due to a flight cancellation from Australia we arrived the night before we flew out again. The hotel were very prompt in replying to our email telling them we were stuck in Sydney. When we finally arrived we found a very clean comfortable room with free wi fi. We had an early flight to catch the next morning and breakfast was more than adequate. The staff were helpful and friendly assisting us to get the paperwork we needed for an insurance claim.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JohnandDeborahTedge
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Perfect location before anything. It was clean, modern and very well maintain. The staff was friendly and cordial at all times. The hotel has a really nice modern look with great rooms. Price/Quality ratio is right on the money. This hotel gives you more than what you can get anywhere else in Buenos Aires. Of course, anywhere that is a good, nice, and safe location to walk around the city that is.

I have stayed in Buenos Aires countless times and this hotel is definitely a keeper.

Room Tip: When you are booking, go to a travel site and not the hotel directly. Upgrading to a suite it is usu...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends