“Not what I expected”
Review of The Kilkenny

The Kilkenny
Ranked #34 of 207 Nightlife in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Owner description: Locals and tourists of all ages and all walks of life meet up at this popular rock club and whiskey bar.
Reviewed July 23, 2013

The bar is nice, cheap beer and great music.

But dispite that, the bar is always empty. I went there two times, and both of them was like this.

The bar looks like a ghost town, not a pub.

Don't recommend.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

Decided to go out one night farther from the Palermo/Recoleta neighborhoods and found myself at the Kilkenny. Apparently a really popular place for local Argies to come drink after work... it was super fun! Of course nothing like true Irish pubs, but it was the first place I found Guinness (on tap). Was only my buddy and I, but while watching soccer we met some other guys too that were locals and gave us tips on a bunch of other events, bars, restaurants, etc. Had a really great time!

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Well I have never been to a real Irish pub, but this was fun nonetheless! Came here on a Thursday night and it was packed, but super fun. Seemed lots of people come to this bar/are right after work, which was pretty cool since a lot of bars I went to in BA seemed like mostly tourists (I was staying in Palermo). They had a really delicious stout beer and bar food as well. Definitely recommend for a any night of the week!

1  Thank Verda B
Reviewed March 28, 2011

It's in big bar designed to look like an Irish pub. They do have Guinness but it's pricey. Just about everything here is expensive. The main problem is every single night the music is blaring and it ruins the atmosphere. The food is decent enough but again it's not a great value.

1  Thank solace14
See more reviews
Reviewed December 6, 2010

Having spent nearly 7 months in Ireland I was quite thrilled when my wife and I happened to run into Kilkenny which was down the street from the Marriott Plaza Hotel. It was around 10.30pm and while most people were still finishing dinner we were just looking for a few after dinner drinks. Bartenders were very nice and both spoke very good English. I was extremely disappointed that Guinness didn't flow from the draft - I had to settle for the Argentine version which wasn't bad but certainly no Guinness. A Jameson on the rocks and it was time for bed. We understand from the bartenders that live music is every night starting at midnight. Would definitely go back to hear the band.