“Worth doing a tour”

Ranked #1 of 724 things to do in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Teatro Colon, in the City of Buenos Aires, is considered one of the best theaters in the world. Acknowledged for its acoustics and the artistic value of its construction, it turned 100 years in 2008.
Lucerne, Switzerland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Worth doing a tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

we did a tour in the opera and it was very intersting although I normally not go to operas. The history of the building as very rich and the building very impressive.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“FUN evening!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

We were tourists in Buenos Aires so naturally we tried the tango show and lessons. Let me tell you, the tango is not exactly the dance you want to learn with your dad as your partner... I think I just threw up a little... but nevertheless, we had a lot of laughs and were both good sports. A bus picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off afterwards which was just great, as the show ended around midnight. (What's with these Argentinians eating dinner so late?!) The building was beautiful and seemed very historical and authentic. The food was hit or miss. Some items were brilliant -- like the trio of flans I ordered, and the pumpkin, aka "pumpking" soup were dynamite. But, the beef was really, really tough, like a Sizzler steak from back home, not what you think of when you think of Argentina beef! The "fowl bits" were not ordered, but I think I may have preferred them to the steak. Once the show began, we were mesmerized. It was very, very good. I had a great time over all, even purchased the cheesy photo they took of my dad and I doing the tango. Not that I will ever hang it up. It's just wrong.

Visited September 2013
Sorocaba, SP
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“a visit to Teatro Colon is a must”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

This opera house is famous in Argentina. It is an old and well preserved building and its decoration is fantastic. It is worth taking a guided tour.

Seattle
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unbelievably beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

I'm always a little weary of things that score the top things to do in a city on TA. This one though, definitely worth it. Our English speaking guide did a great job walking us through the building and the different layers of things going on. It is just amazingly beautiful, and a wonderful opportunity for shutterbugs (sans flash...) A bit expensive, as far as BA goes (two tickets was 220p, even at dolar blue rates that's almost $25 total), but worth it in my mind. Absolutely recommended!

Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Standing Room Tickets”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We didn't have time to take the tour, but also didn't want to pay a lot for a show so got tickets in the "standing room" only section. Super cheap, and great view-however, most people brought small stools to sit on, as the standing part is in a narrow row behind the rest of the seats. Not very comfortable, but for $10 can't really complain.