“So glad we did this”

Ranked #1 of 786 things to do in Buenos Aires
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The Teatro Colon, in the City of Buenos Aires, is considered one of the best theaters in the world. Acknowledged for its acoustics and the artistic value of its construction, it turned 100 years in 2008.
Reviewed July 5, 2013

We live in New York City and I love to go inside theaters, opera halls, etc. We did an English speaking tour of Teatro Colon and I am so glad we did. The theater is magnificent with such interesting decor and architecture. Definitely check it out!

1  Thank Jackie J
There are newer reviews for Teatro Colon

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Hadn't heard too much about this before arriving in Buenos Aires but as it was close and we were in time for a tour we decided to do it. The restoration of the original interior and ornate features are stunning. I could not stop looking in awe at the beauty and the lavishness of the surroundings. I must have taken hundreds of photos and I dawdled so much as my eyes could just not get enough of the splendour. My friend whom I was with had visited the opera house in Vienna and she said the magnificence of the Teatro Colon far exceeded that. We were so lucky to time our tour with a orchestral rehearsal for Carmen. It's hard to articulate how brilliant it was sitting in the President's box listening to the amazing acoustics.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We attended a symphony event at Teatro Colon. The theater is stunning and its reputation for acoustical perfection is well deserved. We had seats and a tier halfway up and it sounded as if we had first row orchestra seats. The only trouble is that buying tickets on their website isn't intuitive.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Amazing acoustics, over-the-top ornamentation, and a wonderful tour from guide Mariel, who really gave the tour a lot of flair.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

Staggeringly ornate architecture, beautiful acoustic, very knowledgeable English-speaking tour. Performances are mostly opera and ballet, rarely theatre. Lower prices on Mondays, returned tickets available.