“Hotel Sucks”

Regente Palace Hotel
Ranked #107 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed August 13, 2012

if this hotel has a four star rating ?????? it must be that they wrote the review on a single room that I have not seen ....... the last two mornings I have took a cold shower to be able to go to work ,I had to unplug the frig and TV just to plug in my computer in the room ....when I complained to girl at front desk about cold shower ,she barked at me that she would have someone look at it .she might be pretty but is a ........... I would not and will not ever stay here again and i would recommend that you also look else where ......I did Ask for better room but had to pay more for the upgrade to what I consider a 3 star at best .......room ...... dont waste your hard earned money supporting this run down 4star (Joke ) Hotel

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hmitc52683
anbar1, Gerente at Regente Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

We like to inform that the Hotel does not usually experience any problems with hot nor cold water, nevertheless we will consider these comments.

Regente Palace Hotel has 3 different room categories, which are: SUPERIOR, EJECUTIVA and STANDARD.
Almost all rooms have been recently refurbished. We are working currently on the last few standard rooms that are needing renewal.
Part of the renewal includes the incorporation of additional plugs, considering that the actual guest is travelling with a wide selection of equipment such as notebook, camera, Ipad, cellular phone, etc.; something that has changed within the last few years.

Regente Palace Hotel wishes to emphasize that this way of communicating experiences is a one way comment that does not allow a complete answer from the Hotel, considering the personal case.
Nevertheless, Regente Palace Hotel takes care of all its guests and thanks for all their comments.

Reviewed November 2, 2011

We had to come to Buenos Aires to have our passports stamped, and decided to stay a couple of nights in the centro. We picked the Regente Palace because of the overall good reviews. When we arrived, (on foot from the puerto) the staff was friendly and helped us with checking in and stored one of our cases behind the counter while we went out for dinner. The room was on the 3rd floor, and if we closed the windows, most of the street noise was blocked.

Breakfast was great; with both hot and cold items, good coffee, and a variety of breads, cereals and juices. I used the internet service for 30 minutes, which cost 10 pesos, about $2.50. I didn't use all the time on the slip, but the time kept going after I logged out and expired. I thought I might be able to use the remaining time in my room, but one needs to use it all after logging in.

Overall we had a good experience and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2010

Short business trip to Buenos Aires. Stayed in this hotel which was 2 streets far away from the office i had to go to.
The place is well located if you go to downtown buenos aires. The staff is gently but not that nice. Rooms are small, and you have to pay for internet access. Anyways, it is well located, rooms are ok to sleep and rest, and the staff allthough is not that nice, they are gentle.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 24, 2010

Dead downtown, no charm. poor neighbourhood. Old hotel, but ok. Rooms are renovated and they tried hard but age is apparent. You have to pay for internet in rooms and connection is poor.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed April 16, 2010

I've been at this hotel on November 2009 and really had a good time! Comfortable bed, silent rooms and good service.
The location is good, very close to the most interesting places in the city.
The personnel is attentive and friendly.
I would stay again there!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2010

Stayed here for one night as my other hotel, Ayres de Palermo (Great!!!) was full saturday. First of all, they couldn't find my reservation. Then the room was the filthiest (--) I'we ever stayed at. Nothing done since 1972!!!! The location is also unsafe

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank worldclassinspector
Reviewed May 18, 2009

I stayed for 5 days. The location is excellent. Friendly staff, excellent service, comfortable rooms. Great deal.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business