“So many issues!”

562 Nogaro Buenos Aires
Ranked #208 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Ok so we check in and get two single beds instead of a double and so when we asked for this to be fixed he rolls his eyes. We get to the room and the shower would not turn off so the manager has a look at it and shrugs his shoulders as if to say "What am I supposed to do about it" we ask to change rooms but apparently the entire hotel was Booked out. Next morning we ask to change rooms when someone checks out. We have breakfast and the lady let's us through and the breakfast was awful. Stale bread and old milk & cheese. We change rooms, no upgrade or nothing despite not getting an ounce of sleep the previous night because of the shower. The room we moved to didn't have a door handle, I raised this with house keeping and she assured me it would be fixed. We get back after being out all day and the handle had just been placed in the hole, not fixed as it fell off again later that night. Booked an airport transfer through the hotel that didn't turn up which left us late to the airport. They ripped us off on check out saying we took stuff from mini bar and the list goes on. The service was terrible and they have no restaurant to top it all off and they would not reccommend anywhere to go eat. Really dissapointed overall.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Nathanrosetravel

Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in 2003, so there may have been some renovations since then (the lobby photos certainly look different now!) It was our first overseas trip and we were easily impressed by all things foreign. The room was smallish with an odd-ly shaped en suite shower, but we thought it comfortable and quaintly decorated with olde world charm. The street outside the window was very noisy, but the double-glass windows and shutters cut out most of it. The corridors and stairs did seem a little weather-beaten and worn, but not offensive. The breakfasts were delicious (even if we missed our standard bacon and eggs) and the coffee good and strong. The staff were courteous if not overly friendly (but we put it down to a professional distance rather than rudeness - we are used to an open, welcoming nature here in SA). Although they list themselves as 4-star, I'd say 3.5 would be closer to the mark - but their pricing is certainly higher than ýou'd expect to pay for what you get. The location near Florida boulevard is ideal and public transport was not far off and I'd love to stay there again.

Room Tip: HIgher floors takes you further from traffic below - make sure double-glazed windows
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 22, 2011

Booked into Hotel Nogaro for 2 nights after being on the backpacking trail for 3 months. The first room I was put in (on the first floor) was noisy as it faced the street and only had single pane windows. So I requested a change and was moved to the 2nd floor ... this room (Room 201) was an upgrade for the same price ... it also faced the street but it had a balcony with a double set of doors that kept the noise out.
The view from the balcony was great and the bed ... ohh, I still dream of that bed ... it was the most comfortable thing in the world. My initial intention had been to stay just one night but that bed seduced me into staying 2 nights :)
The breakfast was also terrific and set you up nicely for a day of city exploration. The hotel is in a great location as a starting point for navigating the city.
The only minor issue with the room was that there was a small leak in the bathroom ceiling above the toilet ... but that has probably been rectified by now.

Room Tip: Choose Room 201 (or one like it) if you can :)
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed November 23, 2011

I was part of a group of 7 people staying here for a week for a conference in mid-November 2011. The location is great - just off the historic Plaza de Mayo, at the hub of the subway system, around the corner from the Sunday market in San Telmo, etc. The Cafe Victoria down at the corner has a terrific lunch menu. The hotel is a remodeled old "classic" with new bathrooms, nice lobby, high-ceiling rooms, etc. The staff could not be more accommodating, giving directions, lending us converter electric plugs and umbrellas, etc. The included breakfast is adequate but not great.
However, the wifi connections are totally inadequate. We changed rooms from a high-floor deluxe room with a beautiful view to a low-floor, rather spartan so-called "suite" just because there was no wifi at all on the high floors. On the lower floors it is somewhat spotty. Others in our group reported that the wifi would only work in the bathroom, etc. I noticed lots of people using their laptops in the lobby and dining room, so I imagine the problem is fairly universal.
Given the price - moderate for Buenos Aires, but still over $160US per night - reliable wifi ought to be included. Don't stay here if you need regular access to the internet.

Room Tip: The high floor rooms on the street facing the Buenos Aires City Hall are lovely and have lots of lig...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2011

the hotel lobby looked nice but the bedroom was very old and no maintenance work was probably ever done.

Room Tip: avoid the executive suite: not worth the price
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The lobby gives a false feel to the infrastructure of the hotel. I went to my room and first noted that the hallway lights on my floor were mainly burnt out. My main concern was no Internet for first few days. Every day I was told that the "technician was coming or came, everything should be working, etc". It was never fixed so I assume it to be a lie as I heard the same thing said to others after I informed the front desk that it was still not working. Only Internet in the lobby works so I had to move on my 3rd day to a room on the 1st floor. I can not be on a business trip without Internet! First room was old...second was more modern but smaller. Spring at Nogaro means no heat or air conditioner so if it is a hot day don`t expect to turn on the AC...even if your room is 75+ degrees in the room! Today it is cold but same as the Internet "someone is working on it". Service is very average, facilities are average, etc. There is a "congreso", the hotel is packed and the restaurant does not serve food! The bar serves sandwiches. There are 2 cafes on either corner but I heard a guest say that she was robbed there the other day. The area around the hotel is not safe to wander around in at night and if you do, you should not carry valuables. This hotel and this area are equally not worth the price. I recommend looking for other options if possible!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The service was OK but not Great, i have to say that the location is amazing for the week but this is the heart of Buenos Aires business district so in weekends is like a ghost town. the rooms are to little and they don't have lcds in every room, to expensive for the money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple