“Terrible front service”

Hilton Buenos Aires
Ranked #51 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I arrival on AM 9:45, the front told me the room is not ready yet, I need to wait in lobby. They gave me a free drink coupon which is good. But after 3 hours waiting, I don't get any message from them, then I tried to ask room status on PM 1:00, they told me the room still not ready, then ask me to wait. After 5 hours, I am so angry that no one care what I still there. I try to ask again after 5 hours waiting, then they tell me the room is ok now. I think I might need to wait 12 hours if I don't ask. Even I am gold member, but it means nothing, that's the worst experience in my life.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank senlin3673
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property. We certainly appreciate your loyalty, and congratulate you for being a Gold Member. Our check-in time is 3:00 pm, which allows our staff to clean and prepare the rooms for your arrival. I apologize for any inconvenience this might have caused you. Your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide. Thank you again and we look forward to having you with us again in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Buenos Aires

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The hotel is in puerto madero, the new trendy part of town. Very close to excellent restaurants by the canal. 10 minutes walk from plaza de mayo. It was our last night in Argentina after a month long stay. The staff was super helpful, specifically the concierge. We had a great time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

I appreciate your comments about your stay with us, and I am happy you enjoyed our facilities. Puerto Madero is a great location, in close proximity to restaurants and cafés, and other touristic attractions. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

After several one-nighters at this hotel, I recently stayed for a full week and enjoyed my time there.

Location: the hotel is in Puerto Madero, which is a new, safe district in downtown Buenos Aires, full of nice restaurants and a few upscale stores. Very nice to walk around / jog / walk for dinner.

Rooms: rooms are very nice, tastefully decorated and modern. Always clean and spotless. Usual Hilton amenities, nice marble baths. All rooms have plenty of natural light. Rooms feature a nice desk with ergonomic chair. Internet connection is reliable, but speed is not great.

Hotel features: did not try the gym or the pool but both look great. Used the business center on the fifth floor, good for last minute printer (as the printers in the Exec lounge ran out of ink). Open lobby looks good and can get quite crowded. The exec lounge is wonderful - good breakfast, great evening hors d'oeuvres with free prime alcoholic drinks; pool table; selection of newspapers and magazines and water / soft drinks / coffee and fruit all day long. Do upgrade if it fits your budget and you plan on spending time at the hotel.

HHonors: HHonors elite treatment is unparalelled. As HHonors Gold, in the US I rarely get a noteworthy upgrade - maybe a slightly better room or higher floor. At this property, I have always been upgraded to executive floor rooms. In my last stay, since I booked an executive floor queen, I got upgraded to a junior suite. Really nicely appointed and spacious.

Overall, it is a great hotel and my go-to hotel in Buenos Aires when traveling on business.

Room Tip: As usual, the higher the better - floors 8 and 9 are executive floors, with expanded amenities
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had a great stay with us. The area of Puerto Madero is indeed very attractive for walking or running, while enjoying the view of the old warehouses on one side of the docks and the newer architecture on the other. Our Executive Lounge is indeed a special area to relax and enjoy great views, while taking advantage of our culinary specialties. Look forward to welcoming you again soon to our hotel.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The hotel is really well located on the Puerto Madero area, only a few blocks away from the city downtown and all the main city attractions. the Obelisco is at 15 minutes walk, as well as the government and some other interesting buildings. In Puerto Madero you will find several top notch restaurants from some big chains and other typical argentinian cuisine. It's a really safe place to go around at night, lots of tourist and locals too. Try to book rooms located at the left side of the hotel, since those will at least have a view to a nice part of the city west side. Rooms at the right don't get a river view (as you might think), since between the hotel and the port, you'll have another row of shops, restaurants and clubs. The king beds in all rooms are spacious and clean, and the staff service is superb. Young, respectful and really well trained staff give the Hilton Buenos Aires an extra star. Don't miss the hotel heated outdoors pool and try to have at least on lunch at the El Faro restaurant (Hilton's very own). Farmacity is 2 blocks away from the hotel as well as Carrefour, a drugstore and a supermarket, respectively. Try not to book taxis directly from the hotel's front desk, instead just go out at the main entrance and grab one of those. Breakfast is invigorating, with a nice breads selection and chef made omelets.

Room Tip: Don't expect river view on the right side rooms since there are other buildings that block the v...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had a great stay with us. The area of Puerto Madero is indeed centrally located, and very attractive for walking, while enjoying the view of the old warehouses on one side of the docks and the newer architecture on the other. I'm glad you enjoyed our heated pool, as well as our breakfast service. Look forward to welcoming you again soon to our hotel.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

The Hilton is located in the Puerto Madero, next to tons of shops, restaurants and sites. Easy distance AEP, the domestic airport. Great Hotel, good food, nice bar, great design and interior, and the rooms are very nice, great bathrooms. Overall, great place to stay that is centrally located for all the sites in BA. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Spend the extra money to get on the top floor. Great views and the executive club is a nice perk. G...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cjmersman

Thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. Our location is a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. We would be happy to welcome you again on your next trip to Argentina.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

The hotel in modern style is located in the trendy area of buenos aires.
The rooms are spacious and comfortable and are different from the standard look you often encounter in hotel chains wich i like.
Also seperate shower and bathrooms i can apreciate and staff is professional

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you had a great stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet, and our location in Puerto Madero. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Contemporary hotel in modern part of Buenos Aires. It may not work for you if you're looking for something with more character, but it is new, clean, comfortable, modern, in a nice location. I found the staff to be among the best I've encountered anywhere. They were courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful whenever I needed something.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s great to know that you enjoyed our service and that our staff was helpful and able to make you feel comfortable. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property.