“Outstanding Hotel”

Hilton Buenos Aires
Ranked #47 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed at the Hilton Buenos Aires twice during my visit to Argentina. First one was on my way to Patagonia, only stayed for half day, but the bed was so comfortable, especially after a very very long flight from Asia to NYC then to Buenos Aires. Rested well then I headed to El Calafate, had lots of fun hiking in the Perito Moreno Glacier and El Chalten area.

After my visit to the Patagonia, came back to Buenos Aires and stayed at this Hilton again. The service is very good, and they offered me some good suggestions on where to visit and where to eat. The hotel is located in the water front of Puerto Madero, a few blocks from the financial district. The river is muddy, but the area is quite nice with many upscale restaurants around. I walked from the hotel to the old city center and explored the city by foot, including a walk to Recoleta for the visit to the grave of Eva Peron.

Oh about the room, I was staying on the Executive Floor, and my room was large, modern, and very clean, with the view of the garden. The service at the Executive Lounge was attentive. Breakfast was good, and they also offered a good selection of refreshments.

Overall, two very pleasant stay, and I hope I will bring my family here someday.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, in close proximity to cafés, restaurants and touristic attractions. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,461)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed here twice within a couple of weeks, and will go back. I think the hotel has the best location in Buenos Aires. From the first room we could see the cruise ships coming and going, and although new construction has diminished the view of the river it is still a pleasant view. The second room on the opposite side of the hotel had a view of the pink palace, and look into the window of the President’s office. There are lots of great places to eat ranging from pizza to fine dining within easy walking distance from the hotel.

We stayed on the Executive floor and made use of the executive lounge, The service was excellent, both for breakfast and in the afternoon.

Martin at the concierge desk was extremely efficient and very helpful to me in dealing with some outside issues..

My major complaint about Hilton's is the reservation system. If you are registered and have a credit card on file it is so easy to make a reservation that if you are checking dates and prices, it is easy to finish up with a non-cancelable reservation for the wrong dates. This has happened with me more than once with Hilton, and the reservation center in the USA will not do anything if the reservation is for an international hotel. I called and faxed the General Manager in Buenos Aires and got no reply.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had a great stay with us. The area of Puerto Madero is indeed very attractive, allowing you to enjoy the view of the old warehouses on one side of the docks and the newer architecture on the other. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities, especially our Executive Lounge, including our breakfast and afternoon services. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel have the best location and reputation in Puerto Madero. Very clean and chic. Beautifull decorated. Personel was well selected. Puerto Madero is the best high end area of Buenos Aires. Buenos Aires is under a renual process specially the downtown area. Be awear of pocketpickers that can take your wallet in your face and you did'nt notice it

• Stayed: March 2013

Thanks for your kind comments about your recent stay with us. I’m glad you took advantage of the great location of our property, and that our staff made you feel welcome. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

We chose the Hilton for its Convenient Location in Puerto Madero - An Upscale Area of Reclaimed Warehouses (Now High-End Restaurants) with a Broad Sidewalk alongside a Canal (Nice Walking). This Hotel is attached to the Convention Center so there was a constant flow of traffic through the public spaces. The Lobby was constantly full and service was impersonal (although professional). Our Room was Quiet and Comfortable but Very, Very Beige and a Bit Worn. The Breakfast Buffet was Convenient but Average in terms of Selection. Several times the Egg Station was unmanned. We did enjoy the Rooftop View (and Grill) as well as Room Service!

Room Tip: Only the Executive Floors have Views of the Canal. Otherwise, You will Just See the Office Building...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback about your recent stay with us. Our location is indeed a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. I'm sorry if at times our lobby appeared to be so crowded due to the activities at our Convention Center. I'm glad you enjoyed the quietness of our guestrooms, as well as our rooftop grill with a magnificent view of Puerto Madero and the city. We look forward to welcome you again on your future trips to Argentina.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

This hotel was a tremendous experience. The staff is first class and many of them speak both English and Spanish. Upon entering, you walk into a huge open atrium with plenty of open space and seating for networking. The hotel does not have too many floors, so elevator rides are always short. The rooms are very clean and the bathrooms are nicely equipped. The meeting space was very open and comfortable and the food was great. The best part of this hotel is its location, close to GREAT restaurants in walking distance. Also close to many of the key downtown place of interest such as the President's mansion and a HUGE catholic church. This is definately where I would stay upon my next return to Buenos Aires

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

I appreciate your comments about your stay with us, and I am happy you enjoyed our facilities, especially our spacious rooms and iconic atrium style lobby, center of activities of our hotel, and on a regular basis the venue for art exhibitions. Puerto Madero is indeed ideally located, close to restaurants and cafés and many other attractions. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have been in Buenos Aires many times before. They have a problem with quality and specially with cleanness, this will not be the case. You will find everything in order, the rooms with nice size, excellent views, beautiful pool and excellent breakfast ( if you are in the executive floor ). If this will not be enough, you have all the best restaurants at walking distance. Do not even think about it, go in there and forget all other nice old entrances, you will be trying to check out!

Room Tip: Ask the ninth floor, try the corner in that way you will have all around view. If not possible ask f...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services. I am happy that you were satisfied with our service, and that you liked our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet. So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality. We thank you for your loyalty and look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

This hotel is situated in the renewed dock area of Buenos Aires with lots of good restaurants and walking areas near by. And for those who explores only the near surroundings to the hotel never actually visited Buenos Aires.
The Hilton is a grand building, modern, elegant and express luxury to a great extend. As a Diamond member of HHonors we were upgraded to a room on the Executive Floor given access to the lounge facilities.
The spacious room was elegantly and delicately decored and equipped. Especially I like a room with two armchairs and the small table which gives the opportunity to relax in the room with a bottle of wine i private. The beds were good and gave good sleeping quality, the bathroom spacious and of a good standard with both bath tub and a separate shower niche.
We checked in early, about 10.30 am and was invited for breakfast. A very nice treat!
The first morning we went down to the buffet restaurant for breakfast and were welcomed and asked to give our room number as usual. The breakfast was very good with a good variety of foods. Though when we finished the waiter presented ot us a bill to sign for the breakfast to be charged to the room. I told the waiter that I was a Diamond member and that I thought I was entitled to breakfast. The lady then said, of course, no problem, and took back the bill without mjy signature. The next morning we had breakfast in the executive lounge. When checking out of the hotel I was presented the bill for two breakfast servings and was told that as a Diamond member I was only entitled to the breakfast in the Exec. lounge, therefore I had to pay for the breakfast downstairs. I said this was strange to me as I experienced at several Hilton Hotels around the world that I as a Diamond member are allowed to choose wether I'll have the full buffet breakfast or the simpler option in the Exec. lounge. Besides I think they could have informed me when they first asked for my room number. Besides the lady downstairs had said it was no problem. The breakfast was taken off the bill but still i feel poorly treated.
The cocktail hour snacks were great. A rich selection and good wine. I felt a little offended during cocktail hours the first night as the waiter quite briskly approached our table asking my spouse his room number. My spouse gave the room number and the waiter turned to me and in the same brisk way asked "And yours?" I said: "My husband just told you!" Then he said in a very dismissive way: "We have only one guest registered in that room!" I told him that this would probably be my name as I am the Diamond card holder. He then disappeared. I approach the desk outside the lounge asking what this was about. The answer was then that they had to check every visitor if they were entitled to the lounge facilities. I want to mark out that you need to use your key card to open the door to the executive lounge and we were the only visitors that night who was checked!

Unfortunately the attitude of the redblond girl on duty at the Executive floor on March 2nd to 4th pulled the whole experience of this hotel down.
I experienced it as she worked at a hotel so exclusive that her status was far above my standard as a guest. I found it to be looked down on and that I as a guest was not worthy of her attention, far less her service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
HiltonGM, Gerente at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our property. I´m glad you and your wife enjoyed our facilities, especially our rooms and Executive Lounge, as well as our location in Puerto Madero. I’m sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with the breakfast and with the procedure at the Executive Lounge. Your feedback is invaluable and will be extremely useful when evaluating the levels of service we provide. We certainly appreciate your loyalty, and I congratulate you for being a Diamond Member. Thank you again and we look forward to having another opportunity of hosting you again in the future.