“Overpriced, but very good service”

Hilton Buenos Aires
Ranked #47 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed June 1, 2012

The first impression you get at this hotel is from its glass ceilinged monumental lobby. It is really impressive. The rooms are speacious, the bed good and the bathroom, really above average (in the room, my only complain are the pillows! I do not know why they use pillows with halfe the usual size, and less than a third the usual Argentinian size...). The pool is also beautiful, and the health club well equiped. The location, although far from charming (Recoleta has a nicer feeling to it) is quite practical if you go on business, breakfast is usually good (especially at the restaurant). After these praises one might imagine why I rated this hotel "only" Very Good. I believe that everything has to have a fair price, and although the tariff in Hilton is not that high compared to Hotels of the same category, the services are absolutely out of touch with Argentinian reality: a breakfast for almost 30 Dollars, a water (domestic) at the mini bar for 18 pesos... somewhat of an exaggeration. So, if you want a good business hotel, or one for vacation with very good services, Hilton is perfect, but if you are on a budget... do even try it!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing either MAchacha Guemes or Juana Manso. The rooms facing the river are somew...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank lgmayrink
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

I appreciate your comments about your stay with us, and I am happy you enjoyed our facilities, especially our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet, and our atrium style lobby. I am glad you took advantage of our gym and newly renovated terrace area, where we added new pool furniture and improved the landscaping. I would be delighted to welcome you back to our hotel on your next trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,549)

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Six month ago I went to Buenos Aires and stayed at the Marriott.. As you can aee in my review you can see my frustration with the Marriott. WHAT A DIFFERENCE WAS MY EXPERIENCE WITH THE HILTON.
Marriott vs Hilton
Marriott: Breakfast never on time, I had to complain few times..Employees not very helpful
Hilton: Always on time, and no complains. Always a polite good morning and "how can I help you".
Marriott: Only 3 elevators and most of the time they were having problems. Once, onkybone working out of three elevators. long waiting time!!!!
Hilton: 5 elevators!!! fast and waiting time no.kore than 10 sec!!!!! by watch!!!! I clock it.
Marriott: you check in and out like everybody else, no preference for business or member of the hotel chain.
Hilton: you check in and out at executive level - 7th. floor. Very attentive personnel.
Daniel, Juan, Bellen and all the personnel inthat floor really want to help you and resolve any issues yiu may have..
Marriott: no desire to make customers experience be the best.. no deals for long stays customers. I spent 3 weeks there.
Hilton: due to my long stay, I spent 3 weeks here, they gave me complementary massages or diners which ever I want.. super!!!

My conclusion as yiu can see will be Hilton at Madero Buenos Aires.

Now, if this is your first time in Buenos Aires, and you go.to the gym or sauna, the hotels.. all of them have a health club where people from outside come in.. Not very good experience.. but you will find this practice in every hotel...

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank paeslima
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It’s great to know that you enjoyed our service and that our staff was helpful and able to make you feel comfortable. We will certainly let Daniel, Juan and Belen know that they helped you have a great stay with us. All of us at Hilton are passionate about hospitality and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel at the end of a cruise last December, the lobby was all ready for Christmas, and looked festive. Though we were early, we got to go to our room immediately, and it was quite large and was tastefully decorated, though not brand new. The advice we got from the hotel staff was prudent and made our stay one of the most enjoyable of the trip. Great views of the city and near many restaurants and activities. Our Journey Ambassador, Daniel, went out of his way to make our stay great, and upheld this hotel's great name, along with the entire staff!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had a great stay with us. Our location is indeed a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. I appreciate your comments about our guestrooms, which are definitely among the largest in the city. I am glad the recommendations of our Journey Ambassador contributed to your positive experience while visiting our city. We look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed May 18, 2012

I loved staying at the hilton, the hotel is super cool, near to most all the places you need to go.
the rooms are awesome!!! super big, bathroom is big as well, shower, bath separate. hotel staff are great, everything i need they prompt did it!!!
breakfast is great and free for Gold honors!!! which was super great!!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sandrihabrasil
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you had a great stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our spacious rooms, each one furnished with its own walk-in closet, and our breakfast service. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

Everything at this hotel is absolutely perfect! The staff is very helpful, the rooms are spacious, very well decorated and clean. It's a hotel that makes you fell at home. Definitely one of the best I've ever been.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded July 2, 2012

Just wanted to thank you for your recent stay here at our hotel! So glad you were able to experience our authentic Hilton hospitality, and that you enjoyed our spacious rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back to our property.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel twice now and it is still my favorite option in Buenos Aires. Yes, it is a modern Western Hotel in a fairly touristy area of town, but the advantages far outweigh the disadvantages in my opinion.

Pros:
Great rooftop pool and gym area. For me it is a perfect respite at the end of a day wandering around the city
Rooms are simple, modern and clean
Location - while the immediate area can be a little touristy, it is very clean and safe and is pretty much in the middle of the different sites

Cons:
I mentioned them above, but the biggest issue is that this isn't in the Soho neighborhood. I do end up eating out and spending daytime up in Soho a lot, but it is really only a $10-15 cab ride away. The hotels up there are generally smaller, so the gym and rooftop pool just are not an option.

In short, if you are ok in a bigger western hotel and for the added amenities, this is the best spot

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2012

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you already had your second great stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed our facilities, especially our recently renovated terrace area, where we added new pool furniture and improved the landscaping. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, in close proximity to several city attractions, plus restaurants and coffee shops. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed May 7, 2012

Location was perfect and the vies to river and town wonderful. I loved the layout especially the lobby. Service was great. Cannot wait to return.

Room Tip: Executive lounge fantastic.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Rosemary M
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your stay in our hotel. Our location is a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. I'm glad you also liked our iconic atrium lobby. We would be happy to welcome you again on your next trip to Argentina.