“Great hotel, Excellent amenities”

Hilton Buenos Aires
Ranked #51 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Definitely the nicest Hilton I'm aware of other than the Short Hills Hilton. Big rooms, a very well equipped gym- feels like a real gym, not just a converted utility room. Pool is great and has beautiful views of Buenos Aires.

ATM right in the lobby, cabs almost always lined up outside the hotel, concierge was very accommodating too. Easy to grab a coffee and medialuna from the coffee bar in the lobby for breakfast.

For business travelers, there's good WiFi and a smart plan that lets you buy internet once and (via a password) use it on all your various devices (tablet, smartphone, laptop)

Puerto Madero is admittedly touristy, but always busy at night, as safe as small town America (police everywhere) and convenient to San Telmo, Palermo, Recoleta and other popular areas. The river walk area is a great place to run - it's about a 4 or 5 mile loop, and again, safety is a nice plus. There's even a Freddo a few blocks from the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the city have great views but can be noisier than rooms facing away from it. (Windows a...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
HiltonGM, General Manager at Hilton Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel and staff. I’m glad to learn that you took advantage of our state-of-the-art Wi-Fi in our guestrooms, which utilizes in-room wireless access points and therefore has multiple benefits for our guests. The area of Puerto Madero is indeed very attractive for walking or running, and close to all local attractions (including good ice cream stores!). Look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Buenos Aires

Reviewed January 21, 2012

A great hotel - friendly staff, lovely rooms, good gym & pool, perfect location close to very good restaurants & a safe area

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback and we are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay with us. Puerto Madero is indeed a great location, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

I have been to BA 4 times already. I always say that I won't stay at the Hilton the next time so I can try something different. I just can't pull the trigger once it's time to book since I am so happy with the Hilton. There's always next time. ;)

Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had so many great stays with us. I appreciate your comments and look forward to keep welcoming you on your future trips to Argentina.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

We were staying in Buenos Aires on Christmas Eve, going to the Iguazzu Falls on Christmas Day and coming back to the hotel on 26th December for one further night. We had been happy with the pre cruise communications we had with the hotel (Flavia) to set up both luggage storage whilst we were away for the night and also joining the Christmas Eve dinner.

On arrival at 1000 our room was already ready (We had paid for an Executive Room for that night) and we were very impressed at how helpful Pedro the doorman was. Throughout our entire visit Pedro was absolutely charming, always enquiring how we were getting on, what had we seen etc and could not have been more helpful, he is a great asset to the hotel.

We used the Executive Lounge and found it met our needs, liked the outdoor terrace and the ease of access to the pool area from the lounge. Next morning we needed a very early breakfast when the lounge opened. Again worked well though the lady was a little distant - maybe not surprising as their big celebrations were 24th December and I doubt she had had much sleep that night!!

The Christmas Eve dinner at the hotel was memorable and a culinary delight complete with lovely singers and many interesting things going on up to and after midnight (some of which we understood the significance of, some we did not!!!) We will not mark the hotel down for our lack of sleep that night, but Puerto Madero is where everyone sets their fireworks off to welcome Christmas Day - ok we thought they would finish this around 1230 but it seems each person waits until there are no fireworks going off before setting their ones off. So at 0400 there were still the sporadic boom fizz boomls!

Puerto Madero is an excellent and very safe neighbourhood with CCTV etc. We saw several nice restaurants and though we did not visit one, we would have had no worries going out of the evening to find one

On our return on 26th we knew we would be late in, so only booked a standard room as we arrived after the Exec Lounge closed. Again, this was a very nice well laid out room very little difference in standard from the Exec room on the previous visit but on a lower floor. Both times the rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable.

We had a little trouble ordering snacks in the wine bar that night - a language barrier issue, we are not good at anything other than English which is bad, I know- however this was all resolved very well and the wine recommended was extremely pleasant.

The buffet breakfast next day was included in our rate so we ate in the hotel. It was fine, nothing great and was suffering from a large group of Asian guests who seemed as if they had never seen food before and were clearing displays wholesale as soon as items arrived. Had we paid the advertised rate for breakfast as an extra we would not have been happy with what we had but for the rate we paid for bed and breakfast we think our stay was overall good value. As others rightly say as there are coffee shops all around and the neighbourhood is safe, I would just go out if you have not been offered breakfast in your rate or at a discount

Overall though, a very pleasant stay, a good Hilton with very nice staff - and it is lovely that the one who greets you first, Pedro sets such a lovely tone for the whole trip

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the feedback and delighted to read you had such a great stay with us. Our location is indeed a great advantage, as it provides easy walking access to cafés, restaurants and other leisure activities. I appreciate your comments about our staff, which I will be happy to forward to our team members. I’m glad you enjoyed our Executive Lounge and its services, as well as our newly renovated terrace area, where we recently added new pool furniture and improved the landscaping. Look forward to seeing you back with us soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2012

That was my 4th time in Buenos Aires, and I have no doubt Hilton Puerto Madero has the best location in the city.
I got a room at 8th floor, with an amazing view to the Puerto Madero. Its walking distance to many good restaurants, bars, mini-markets, pharmacys etc.
Room is big but the bathroom is huge.
Flat screen TV, minibar, safe, desk and walking in closet!!!! (Lucky me, beacuse me wife always has many bags).
Breakfast is great, much better than Hilton San Diego Mission Valley where i was last year.
Staff is very polite and helpfull.
I will stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank danielcarvalhoBR
Reviewed January 14, 2012

When I booked myself into the Hilton in Puerto Madero, my Argentine cousins laughed, saying that it was the "hotel of the stars". And one can see why. I cannot find a single thing to complain about. The hotel is located in one of the most cosmopolitan areas of BA, Puerto Madero. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the gym was well-equipped and accesible, and all of the staff were helpful and professional. We had no problem when we requested to extend our stay and the front desk staff made it happen without a hitch. The lobby is gorgeous, and was decorated with a huge Christmas tree and lights that made it look even more beautiful. I love this place!

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I spent about a week here with a few colleagues from the US visiting a conference hosted by friends from BA. This hotel was awesome. The rooms were clean and spacious and the staff was incredibly helpful. I found the gym beyond anything I have seen in a hotel. Great cardio equipment and huge steam room and sauna. Wifi was everywhere too. The lobby provided a nice meeting point and the lobby restaurant served a wonderful breakfast. We also enjoyed walking around the neighborhood which was delicious and vibrant. Most importantly we found the area and the hotel to be incredibly safe.

• Stayed: August 2011