“A very faithful customer”

NH Collection Buenos Aires Jousten
Ranked #46 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have been coming to this hotel since it was rebuilt several years ago. I always enjoyed the friendly atmosphere and the excellent service.
I have to agree with some reviews that state that the hotel is outdated:it needs urgent renovation! Rooms are of a good size and have everything I have needed during my frequent visits to Buenos Aires,but the last renovation lies several years back. I imagine that the reason lies in the terrible economic situation of the country,but the customer is KING/QUEEN,so give him (her) what he (she) requests/needs.
Rooms might be a bit loud,but generally during the night there is no much traffic on Corrientes avenue.I have always slept very well ! A/C and WiFi work really fine.
Breakfast buffet is very good and you can request any kind of eggs,expresso or capuccino (instead of the "regular" coffee) at no extra charge.
All in all, my wife and I will be coming back to the NH Jousten hotel,but I sincerely hope the corporation will invest some money to put the house up to date. I am almost certain it will be a very good investment.

Room Tip: I suggest that, if available,visitors should try to get rooms with numbers ending in 4 or 5;these ar...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dtheumann

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Ive never stayed in an NH hotel but after this stay I don't plan on doing it again. The hotel is old and out dated. Size wise the rooms are ok but bring your earplugs as the hotel is located on the corner of one of BA's biggest intersections, so no need to ask for a wake up call you can let the car horns and noise from all the traffic do it for you. The internet is free but very slow. For some reason the hotel has covered up most of the power sockets which im assuming is a cost cutting measure, my room only has one inconveniently placed power outlet. Bed is lumpy and not up to standard. The staff seem disinterested with their jobs and the English level is poor. Breakfast could be better but the quality of the room service was surprisingly good. Location is fine if you need to stay downtown.

All in all I can't recommend this place and you would be well advised to look elsewhere.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I was in Buenos Aires for a Business trip and thought the hotel was really well located, all services including, cleaning, dry cleaning, laundry, food, internet, worked really well. Breakfast was great. The only thing to mention is that the hotel is right on top of the metro station and that I could hear the train, but nothing terrible... It is close to Puerto Madero which hás a wide choice of restaurants.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I selected this hotel due to its close proximity to puerto madero where there is a lot of walking along the water to be had. Unfortunately, the experience within the hotel itself was nothing to write home about.

While everything was stark on its best day, things became BAD once there was a mosquito infestation in our room. Huge mosquitos that were coming through the vents. Our last two nights, we weren't even able to sleep because they were buzzing in our ears and attacking either myself or my husband so one of us was always screaming and/or smacking.

Upon reporting it to the staff, they assured me they would fumigate but, of course, no such thing ever happened as was evident due to the amazingly large number of mosquitos flying around.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is placed in a very nice old building that has been remodeled. The first problem is at the entrance, there are only stairs - no accessibility for disabled people, also difficult for perople traveling with luggage. I have stayed there 3 times and 2 of them I had to carry my bag up the stairs myself - staff is not very helpful to carry luggage ( and not very friendly overall). Just for that, I wouldn't like to stay there again....

Rooms are of small size, some too small. Make sure you ask for a large room. Hotel has wooden floors without proper insulation, so nights are very noisy. You can hear the elevator and people walking and talking all night long.... Street is very noisy as well, especially on weekends.

What I actually like about this hotel is the food, breakfast is quite good with fresh fruit (not too common in Buenos Aires) and the traditional local pastries are wonderful here. I have ordered room service and it was good as well.

I like the bathrooms, they are new and in good repair, glass door showers, something not easy to find in Buenos Aires.

Location is good, close to Puerto Madero and Florida. There is a wine shop in the corner and a Starbucks nearby.

There are better options in Buenos Aires for the same price range. I don't plan on staying there again, unless I don't have a choice.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a large room. If you want peace and quiet, try to ask for a room not facing th...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel looks really nice from outside - old building, pretty facade, very close to Puerto Madero and Florida street. But that's all - one you step inside, stay for few days and access their services, you discover that it used to be a 4* hotel a long time ago. I found a limited choice for breakfast (didn't have courage to try a second time the salmon salad balls, due to a strange smell :-S), discovered "gifts" from the previous guests (hair clips), spots on the floor in the bathroom that could be cleaned easily if they would insist more than 1 sec. Everyday I had to guess whether I would have the shampoo bottles changed or missing at all :). And on top of that my chances to work from this hotel were reduced to null - the wireless connection was worse than an old dial-up used to be a decades ago (40-50% packet loss and average response time 1.5 seconds). Forget about it if you are on a business trip and intend to work via VPN connection, you can though read your Yahoo/Gmail messages if you are patient enough :).
Air conditioning system had a mind of its own probably and constantly refused to go bellow 22 degrees :(.

Room Tip: I had a X03 room but looks like all of them are noisy.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Arcadie P
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Highs:
Good bed with good bed linen.
Silent, you don't hear too much noise coming from the corridors, no banging doors.
No carpet.

Lows:
Lower floors very noisy, you can feel the subway passing by.
Shabby area, I didn't feel safe.
Showers don't work properly.
Dirty walls.
When I was there internet was not working at all and they didn't know when they would fix it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business