I just returned from a 6-night vacation to Buenos Aires, and made it a point to review this hotel upon my return. Malabia House is located in the wonderfully trendy and eclectic Palermo Viejo - a neighborhood filled with both charm and character. The hotel itself is located in a prime location, with many great restaurants, retail shops, and lounges/bars all within walking distance.
The Hotel itself was a perfect place to call "home" during my trip. I stayed in the room with the balcony, which had a lovely view of Malabia Road. It was nice to have the option to step out of my room to relax and catch up on some reading or have a cup of coffee. The room was clean and very comfortable - all the touches are thoughtful, from the fluffy robes, to the room slippers, to the yummy dulce de leche candies left pillow-top. The bathroom for this particular room is located slightly down the hallway, but didn't prove to be an inconvenience. The bathroom had more than enough under-sink space to leave toiletries, so I didn't need to worry about moving things back and forth between the 2 rooms. The Hotel's common areas are beautifully appointed, with modern furnishings and paintings, yet it retains a slightly classical charm I would tend to associate with a by-gone era. Overall, lovely.
The staff is what truly takes this great hotel to a whole new level. Each of them are attentive, helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable. It is clear that they really love what they do. There is not one staff member who sticks out more than the others - all of them were truly amazing. Reservations were made, cabs were called, theater tickets were booked, day-trips were planned and arranged, transfer to-and-from the airport were coordinated, shopping and dining suggestions were given - all with a smile and friendliness which truly made this trip out-of-this-world for me.
Overall - I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who would like to incorporate a little luxury into their vacation.
I look forward to returning to 1555 Malabia House, and hope to see some of the staff's familiar faces - to them, I thank you for a great and memorable trip!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 1555 Malabia House Boutique Hotel is set in a 19th-century building surrounded by restaurants and shops in the Palermo Viejo neighborhood.All accommodations are well-appointed with luxurious furniture and modern amenities, including air conditioning, cable TV and free internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your 1555 Malabia House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1555 Malabia House Hotel Buenos Aires
- 1555 Malabia Hotel
- 1555 Malabia Buenos Aires