Sarmiento Palace Hotel
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$136
  • Breakfast included
Awwa Suites & Spa(Buenos Aires)
$89
  • Pool
NH Buenos Aires City(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$159
$105
$130
$107
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$396
$309
  • Pool
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
$332
$244
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Madero(Buenos Aires)
$194
Travelocity
  • Pool
Circus Hostel & Hotel(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$35
$33
  • Breakfast included
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2012

If you expect all that you see in the photos online, you will be disappointed. But I had a great stay nonetheless. The staff was most of the reason for that. They went out of their way to be courteous and helpful, and fix problems I had with my room (which resulted in my changing to another room). I wish I remembered her name - the female supervisor of the desk staff was exceptionally capable and helpful to me.

The elevator is tiny - two people, or one person with luggage is plenty! I was in Buenos Aires for a conference, and walked nearly everywhere I needed to go and I was fine.

Know that the hot tub is outdoors, and was not functional in winter (I was there in August). The photos are of places like the lobby bathroom (beautiful, but your room won't look like that!) and the spa which is off premises. I didn't hold the photo situation against them - of course a hotel wants to show you the best of what they've got. And, as I said, the staff was as sincere and helpful as you could ask of any human doing those jobs. There's a small "fitness center" in the basement; a small bar in the lobby. If you do not expect New York City luxury hotel, and know that you are in a small hotel where the staff are doing what they can to raise the reputation of an aging hotel, you will be fine. I think it's a fine hotel, and not a bad bargain. I would certainly stay there again without hesitation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Melina Solange A, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Sarmiento Palace Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Thanks a lot for your comment!! We appreciate every single observation to improve our service. We wait for you soon again.

Kind regards. Lic. Melina Solange Attie

Reviewed May 26, 2012

Cool hotel for what you pay. In a very calm part of the center of Buenos Aires and you can go by foot to anywhere in the center. The hotel is very clean and the room is cozy and clean. The elevator is very tiny and you can't go inside with too much luggage and other people. The crew was amazing and helped us all the time that we needed. I really recomend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 24, 2012

It is located close to the Avenida Corrientes and to other famous streets (Calle Florida). Its location keeps it quiet during the night (at variance with other Hotels in Buenos Aires). Nice and comfortable rooms, with a good quality/price ratio. Good breakfast, but it could be improved.
I did not like the lifts: too small.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 29, 2011

The hotel is two blocks from mayor fareways, but its sorroundings are scary to say the least.
The lobby is confortable and the front desk personell is somewhat friendly but that is about all I can say about the place.
If you try to go to the rooms past the second floor, it has two elevators that fit only two people at a time, so it is an ordeal to try to get your luggage and youself in it at the same time; not to mention trying to catch it to go down during the day.
Literally, my wife and I stood for 20 minutes waiting for an empty elevator to go down for breakfast one morning, finally we gave up and used the stairwell.
The room has twin beds fit for 10yr old kids, if you are over 5'-5" be prepare to have your feet hang out of the bed. there are no outlets to charge a phone or a camara battery.
Everything is tiny we felt like we were in a doll's house. the hallways are decorated with carpet half ofway up the walls and the odor was not pleasant , it looked dirty as it was the room.
They must use starch on their bed sheets, they are stiff and wrough to the touch .
Their breakfast was somewhat decent, but when they run out of something ,which is usally the good stuff, it was rarely replenished.
The only night we went out to see a show we found someone sleeping at the door of the hotel on the street.
Definately BsAS have better hotels for about the same price .

Room Tip: get another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Viajerofeliz
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This was our second trip to Buenos Aires in two years. Previously we stayed two blocks away at Rooney's Boutique Hotel. Much larger and nicer rooms, but $185.00 a night compared to $65.00. The breakfast at Sarmiento was much better without a doubt and it was served for a long period each day. The real drawback to Rooney's is the two discos directly below it on street level. It was so loud for 6 nights that we hardly slept. I would never stay there again. The Sarmiento is small, older and nicely kept. The rooms are not big to say the least, but they were clean. Old yes, but clean was the key. The staff was very polite and helpful when needed. Only a couple spoke English, but that is typical in BA.

We are going back next winter and will plan to stay here again. It's about 1 1/2 blocks to the metro and one block from the theatre district. This area of BA is extremely central to everywhere and this price just can't be beat.

My pictures are not too awesome as they were a quick after thought. You can simply see them for size and age. The stuff in the rooms is old, but the AC worked great and the rooms were fine. Not the Ritz, but comfortable for sure.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends