in general, this is an old budget type hotel. facility is well kept but not updated.
- location is a block away from the oblisk on the july 9th avenue, the very center of the city.
- many eateries near the hotel from mcd's and b'king's to local restaurants, pizzarias, bars, etc.
- metro (subte) station is nearby if you plan to use it
- hotel staff are friendly
- walking distance to main tourist sites from 1km to 5km, taxi cab is also cheap, 5km will run you 50 pesos
- we booked three stays at non-refundable rates, quite a bit less than the normal rate. if you need flexibility you might want to reconsider.
- surrounding areas are where thieves gather. however, if you don't have your expensive wares shown on the outside you'll be all right. and this isn't the hotel's fault.
- hotel charges more for airport transfer than if you book your own, i.e. with eze taxi. to eze it's 250p vs 180p. guess hotel has to take a cut.
- the view rooms facing the july 9th avenue are very noisy 24/7. but it does have views of the oblisk. if you are a light sleeper, ask for rooms not facing the street.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bristol is also 10 blocks from Puerto Madero, a typical touristic spot and stylish restaurant area, and just one block away from Corrientes Avenue, a major theater and entertainment venue. The rooms have ample windows and laminated floors, some of them with a view of the city. Amenities include air conditioning, cable TV, mini bar and safty box. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Bristol Hotel Buenos Aires reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.