“Helpful people”

Design Suites Buenos Aires
Ranked #176 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel deserves a good review based on their service. We arrived early in the morning after a 20 hours trip and airport hoping we just wanted to take a shower and sleep, I was afraid because I couldn't ask for a early check in before arrival. They didn't had any rooms available, but they managed to clean one ASAP for us.

The reception person made us 2 restaurants recommendations both excellent with fair pricing.

Room was big with a little balcony, and the bathroom disposed with a jacuzzi tub. Bedding was comfortable and my room was in the interior court of the building which made it very calm.

For the location, it is perfect spot to visit, I would definitely come back on my next visit to Bs As.

• Stayed: July 2013
There are newer reviews for Design Suites Buenos Aires

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Spent one night while on business in BA. Friendly clerk, clean room, good breakfast and convenient location in city center. Bidet ruffled my girl friend's feathers. Quiet, great bed, hot shower and would return. Weird lap pool in lobby designed by architect on dope. No art work in rooms and strange fabric art in lobby. Cold furnishings and a positive attempt at Bauhaus design. Don't forget to ask clerk for money exchange... Better than bank rate.

Room Tip: Go high...9th floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank rungreencoyote
milogeraghty, Marketing Digital at Design Suites Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My 15 year old daughter, my wife and I recently stayed at the Design Suites Buenos Aires. We booked a triple suite and were very pleasantly surprised! As rather regular family travelers and Tripadvisor users, we realize that much of the review is based on prior expectations. Judging by some of the other reviews of this hotel, we did NOT go into this trip with high expectations. However, we really enjoyed the terrific central location, the bright and very clean room, the respectable breakfast, and the friendly and helpful staff.

The one bedroom suite was large by European standards with a small fridge, microwave and kitchen area -- perfect for small families. The friendly staff offered reasonably priced restaurant, tour, and transportation recommendations. Keep you expectations modest and if you find a good price for this property, I think you will find that it more than meets your needs. Enjoy!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank jk9999

We are happy to know that you enjoyed your trip!

We look forward to see you at the hotel in your next trip.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel earlier this year (2013) when we visited Buenos Aires for a few days. I found this hotel's location is quite convenient. We could walk tithe Metro Subway in about 10 minutes. The room was of good size and nice, equipped with a small refrigerator and LCD TV. Internet access is free and a simple but nice breakfast was included in the room rate. There was a small grocery store just around the corner of the hotel which we found quite convenient. We were able to walk to a couple of neighborhood restaurants for dinner, including a small Chinese takeout place with pretty good food. There was a park just across from the hotel. My wife and I strode through it one morning. It was a great way of observing the local morning scene. I would recommend this hotel for budget minded travelers seeking great value.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Bread69

Thank you so much for your kind words, we are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Look forward to see you soon,

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Like most other reviewers for this hotel, I would have to agree that this is a very standard hotel with not alot wrong with it. Located within walking distance to the main obelisk and Theatre Colon (around 15-20mins), it is positioned centrally enough.

The rooms themselves are quite large and very plain - we had some issues with the curtains but overall they were comfortable enough. The main complaint I have is to do with the concierge who I requested book a restaurant for me. They assured me they called and that the restaurant was closed. I later called myself and found out the restaurant was indeed open and available.

The buffet breakfast was the standard but make sure you get there early otherwise there won't be much left.

If you're booked here due to a tour group, don't worry it's not too bad - if you have a choice, you can probably do better elsewhere though.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
milogeraghty, Marketing Digital at Design Suites Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Mark C,

Thank you for your comments. We will take them on board and we will work harder to impove our services.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I was actually curious to read through the other comments on this place first because I was conflicted on how to in how to initially review it. The hotel was either under construction or redesign when I arrived in April, but I wasn't particularly concerned about the lack of decor in the lobby - clean, cheap (when I'm paying separate from a tour), and safe are my main concerns.

The location of this place is pretty good - not too far from the things that you want to see, but far enough from the noise. My hotel window faced a neighborhood courtyard, which was a bonus for me since being able to see the day-to-day life in the cities that I visit is a pleasure. The neighborhood has plenty of corner stores, restaurants, and cafes to keep you from having to drag yourself back downtown in the evenings if you aren't up to it, and it's just a few short blocks away from the subway. All these things are great.

My room looked pretty clean and kept up as well as I can remember - no holes in the towels, bathroom was tidy, clean linens, etc. The furniture did seem to resemble more of a hostel or dorm room, but I was there mainly to sleep, shower, and store my luggage, and it didn't break beneath me, so who really cares? My biggest complaint was the lack of sound proofing. Similar to the Bariloche location, you can hear all of your neighbor's business, or tv programs, through the walls. It's just something to consider if you are a light sleeper (or a loud talker).

My experience with the staff varied. Sometimes they were quite helpful, but sometimes they could be a little rude. Still, not bad enough to drive me away.

In short, it was a decent experience and I certainly have no regrets in staying here. I would possibly stay there again, but there are many unexplored hotels in Buenos Aires, so it might be up for grabs.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank lndrama
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Contemporary design is particularly well done in the lobby and public areas. The rooms could stand a little spiffing up but, all in all, I was pleased with lots of space, a big closet area, kitchen and large bath in my suite. The view overlooking an historic building and park was really nice, and the staff was even nicer. As for the linens, this is Argentina. The heating system left something to be desired.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite with a sliding door that opens up the space.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo