“Very nice place to stay in Baires”

Design Suites Buenos Aires
Ranked #167 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Nice location, very friendly staff, comfortable rooms. Went for a biz trip and needed wifi. They offer wireless in all the rooms and only downside was that their wireless range was very poor in some areas. Unfortunately my rooms was one of those areas, so I had some trouble connecting at ease.

All the rest was really nice.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The one thing that impressed me most about Design Suites is the location. I loved how some of the non-cookie-cuttero buzz of the town was within walking distance. I was able to experience some great stand-alone stores, restaurants, etc. Location-wise, I still got a good gist of BsAs culture. The space itself is impressively clean and the staff is marvellous. I found the food in the restaurant to be slightly pricey. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family members.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank iztehtravelbug
Reviewed June 20, 2012

I recently stayed here and was very disappointed. There seems to be such a mix of reviews on here and I can only assume that when you stay here you take pot luck as to whether you'll get a clean room or not. The layout of the hotel is quite bizarre with different lifts up to different rooms - maybe it's hard for them to monitor which rooms have been cleaned or not. Still, that's no excuse. My room was filthy - old food on the floor, hairs on the bed, grubby sheets. Certainly not what I'd expect from quite a pricey hotel. Breakfasts were generally poor and there was a dirty pool in the middle of the dining area - I think it was a supposedly a design feature but I can't see what's great about sitting next to a pool with leaves and other debris floating in it!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank TravellingEde
Reviewed May 27, 2012

A very warm welcome from very friendly and helpful staff. Spotless rooms and very comfortable beds. Decor is definitely an acquired taste - certainly not mine, but it did not spoil my three stays. Breakfasts were good - well, by Argentine standards anyway. Excellent location on edge of downtown area. The shops of Florida Street are a relative short walk away.I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frank P
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Thank you, tripadvisor, we were able to make a reservation on line on the Atlanta tarmac as we realized we needed a place to stay and address to give our taxi driver upon arrival in BA...in ten hours.
We arrived a day before check-in to our apartment (apartmentsba.com) and were welcomed warmly at Design Suites. Federico, at reception, allowed us to leave our bags with them, while our room was getting made up (we arrived on a morning flight), so we could explore the area. Room was clean and comfortable, fridge, microwave, cable tv and wifi. Nice lobby area (with a computer area) lappool-like water feature - and fun breakfast buffet was included. Charge for local calls. Very nice to have a day/night in a hotel before going through the check-in (2 hours) to learn how to live in Buenos Aires:).
Thank you to all the travelers who posted great info to make our arrival go so smoothly: E.g.: Taxi stand, prepay with cash ($198 pesos) from the Banco de Nacion ATM, etc.

Room Tip: We were just happy to get one at such a good price. The ac noise was pretty loud, but remove the ke...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lovetotravel99203
DesignSuitesBUE, Director Comercial at Design Suites Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Dear Guest;
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your perspective about your stay at Design Suites.
It was a pleasure to serve you and it is most rewarding to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.
I hope to meet to on your next stay!!
All the best.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

I read a lot of mixed reviews on here before i came to stay and I have to say I was apprehensive about staying at this hotel. I was joining a gap adventures tour which started here and so it made sense to book my 2 previous days here as well for ease. I stayed here 3 nights in total. Some of the previous reviews had stated that it was not very clean, but i beg to differ. I am an absolute clean freak and I was not let down by the hotel at all. My room was cleaned thoroughly every day and my towels were changed when dirty.
I was staying in a room on my own as I was travelling solo, and I had a two room suite with walk in wardrobe to myself. It cost about 100 GBP per night, which was very good value. There is also a microwave and coffee machine, shower and bath.
One review had stated the room was too light, but they have now got black out curtains and so one night when came in during the early hours of the morning, I was able to sleep into the day easily.
The walls were a bit thin, and one night I was woken up due to the noise of some other guests but I usually expect noise so I brought my earplugs and went straight back to sleep. I would recommend earplugs just in case.
Also some of staff don't speak English, but I found it was nothing a bit of pointing and miming couldn't resolve.
All in all I was very comfortable, it was a good central location and i would recommend anyone travelling alone or in a group to stay.
Oh and I agree about all the comments relating to breakfast - it was basic and nothing to write home about.... But don't let that stop you. If this is all you're interested in you may as well say at home :-)

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Hayleydg
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is supposed to be a design hotel, whatever that means. It has several design flaws, big flaws and cheap finishings. Other than that, this hotel is OK, very well located. The guys in the reception were rude and not helpful. Breakfast was nice but parts of the floor are made with transparent glass so if you are afraid of heights, it'll be a nightmare to walk there. Our room faced the street so it was a bit noisy and lots of light coming in since 6 am, so you can't sleep anymore, and there is no way to darken the room: curtains let some light through. Very cheap materials and accessories dot the room, specially in the bathroom. Bed is not very comfortable, very warm and pillows very tall.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street have a great view but might be noisy. Ask for a room in a high floor. Do not...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
DesignSuitesBUE, Director Comercial at Design Suites Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at Design Suites. Your feedback is very important to us, and your experience is definitely a great opportunity to improve, that´s why we really appreciate your remarks.

We hope to see you again in our hotels shortly.

All the best,