“dont stay here”
Review of Wilton Hotel

Wilton Hotel
Ranked #200 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed December 18, 2013

this hotel only has one thing going for it- it is on the outskirts of the recoleta area- Room was not cleaned for us-came home to room that had not been touched--very old and dated-charged for wifi-ng

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Wilton H, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your opinion with us. Please note that our housekeeping service is done twice a day: once in the morning and one in the afternoon. We are very demanding in this regard, and for any inconvenience remember that you can ask at the reception for a solution.Gladly we assist and seek to resolve their inconvenient as soon as possible. However, we are pleased that the location of Wilton Hotel seems excellent and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards from Wilton Hotel. Thank you

There are newer reviews for Wilton Hotel

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Got a very good rate here and felt that this was a good deal for my first trip to Buenos Aires.

The room was dated for sure, but very clean, a good size and comfortable. I asked for a quiet room and they put me on the top floor in the back. The view was not so hot, but I got a great sleep every night.

The breakfast was pretty good for what you pay for, a pretty impressive buffet of meats, cheeses, breads, sweets etc.

I knew about the wifi costs going in and so I didn't have any problem with paying 30 pesos a day, since the cost of the hotel was pretty low overall. The BIG problem for me is that one of the main places you'd want to use it, in their breakfast room, there is no signal at all. In fact I could not even get a phone signal in there. This is something that should be fixed

All of the front desk staff communicated well in English and responded well to any of my requests.

Location is excellent. Walking distance to most of the main tourist sites, lots and lots of places to eat around the hotel and some fabulous little cafes for your 5pm coffee and cake as well.

Cleaning staff were excellent, always respecting my do not disturb sign (no matter how late it sat on the door knob!) And did a great job cleaning the room each day. Hot water pressure, towels, everything in the bathroom was top notch.

If you get a really good rate here, I wouldn't hesitate to stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Hotel Wilton P, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Wilton Hotel for your stay in Buenos Aires and for sharing your experience with us.

It fills us with pride and joy knowing that we make your experience at our hotel was positive.

We are working with our team to improve care and provide quality service to our guests.

Greatly appreciate to recommend us to their family and friends so they can also enjoy our all.

We hope to have the opportunity to host it at our hotel and make it feel like home again.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

This hotel was terrible. My room had two awful beds, it smelled, WiFi cost $30 pesos per 24 hours and you could only use it on one device (I had to choose between my iPhone and computer, and it would go in and out), there was no view, the A/C was very poor, the sauna was broken, and the reception is terrible - they wouldn't give me change, would not hail a taxi for me when I went out at night, did not provide me with any help on finding my way around the city when I asked, and the only time they offered any help was when I was leaving, they asked if I needed a ride to the airport, but when I said yes and they started walking me to a car they told me it would be $90 pesos flat. I looked it up the night before and found out that it should be approximately $50 pesos, so I told them no, hailed a cab, and ended up paying less than $50 pesos. The *only* good thing about this hotel is the location, but I would recommend a hostel nearby over this place if cost is an issue and you want to be in the same area. Also, someone had been using my room number at the hotel bar to pay for things and when I checked out and owed a great deal, I told them it wasn't me. They didn't believe me and, since they were holding onto my luggage (I had a delayed flight), immediately said that I would not get my belongings until I paid. After insisting and insisting it wasn't me, they finally asked the person at the bar to confirm whether I had purchased anything. After the bartender confirmed that I had not purchased anything, they gave me my luggage. No apology or anything.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We deeply regret that your stay was not satisfactory and offer a sincere apology for the events described. We take this opportunity to inform you that we are making improvements in our facilities in order to provide an excellent stay.

The Hotel offers private airport transfers. They are safer than taxis in the city.

We hope to see you in a future visit to improve your experience and our valuation. Our goal is to assist you as you deserve.

Best regards from Wilton Hotel.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

I stayed few days in this hotel and like it very much. Breakfast was included with many options to choose and start a day full of energy.
Taxis are not expensive, but if you prefer the subway the nearest station it is about 6 blocks.
El Ateneo, which is a must in BA, is around the corner. Freddo, for good ice cream, and Havanna Store for the best alfajores, are few steps away. A 10 mins walk take you to La Recoleta Mall.
Hotel staff is friendly and very helpful advising on places to go, giving directions, etc. I would say that this hotel is more business than family oriented.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The Hotel is located in an area easily accessible by public transportation. The main bus lines pass through Callao Avenue and Santa Fe Avenue and Callao subway is 3 blocks away. From here you can visit the main attractions offered by Buenos Aires and we are within walking distance of Recoleta Cemetery.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was here 10 times in the recent 6 years. While the rooms and breakfast remain good (the Hotel will need some renovation soon and if there was a fire it would end in a desaster...) to o.k. It is impossible that one needs to buy an internet key every day. It used to be that the key was good for actual 24 hrs intenet use and that you could continue using it even a year later when your 24 hrs. Were not completed. Now the key expires 24 hrs after the login. What a ripp-off! Othewise the hotel is average at best and deserves three stars, definitely no more.

Room Tip: The higher the better, but also the more dangerous in case of fire. Not facing th street.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Wilton P, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We regret that your stay was negative and we want you to know that we are working to improve our service. You should know that the Hotel has all the safety measures and regulations to prevent accidents or incidents. The signaling and safety measures are in all floors with clear and readable information. We have Wi-Fi in the hotel lobby 24 hours. You can also hire Wi-Fi in your room with plans for 24, 48 and 72 hours depending on your stay. The Wilton Hotel has been categorized as 4 stars by the City Government, complying with all local regulations, however each region or country has its own standards. That's why you can find online retail sites which have categorized the hotel as 3 stars Superior. We hope you visit us again and look at the Hotel improves. Sincerely, Wilton Hotel.

Reviewed October 17, 2013

The reason this hotel is hard to review is because it was very good value for money when you consider it's location and price.

I would not say it is a 4 star hotel which is sometimes claimed. I would say it is a well located, clean but very basic and somewhat dated 3 star hotel. The people are very friendly and helpful and the included breakfast is all cold but very good.

The gym has a great view of apartment blocks and skyline but the equipment is only just functional.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MiguelGallagher
Hotel Wilton P, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2015

Thanks for sharing your experencia and stay at Wilton Hotel.

The Wilton Hotel has been categorized as 4 stars by the City Government, complying with all local regulations, however each region or country has its own standards. We offer a quiet and well located accommodation.

Our rooms are comfortable and spacious with private bathrooms. You can stay in the Classic and Superior rooms, Junior Suite featuring hall or the Executive Suite with two separate rooms for privacy.

The gym is very bright and is in an unbeatable view of the city, has changing rooms and showers for guests' comfort. You can make use of the Spa and Solarium free during your stay.

The breakfast buffet is wide and varied, including fresh fruits, meats and breads, croissants, different types of cereal, coffee, tea, yogurt and more. It is served from 7-11 pm at the Hotel breakfast room.

We hope you visit us soon and enjoy your visit. Greetings from Wilton Hotel.

Reviewed October 16, 2013

This was a pretty cheap place to stay. The rooms were an ok size, very old air conditioner, and a view of a wall but hey they were clean and comfortable, with an empty fridge handy for storing my own water, etc. The included breakfast was pretty good, buffet, toast, fruit, pastries, cheese, ham, juice, tea, coffee. The staff were all very helpful, if not super fast (no one I encountered in a month in Argentina was fast). The location is great, easy walk to cemetery, restaurants, Bella Artes museum and felt much safer than down town. Shops and restaurants nearby pretty good. I stayed here twice and they kept luggage for me in between stays for no cost.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends