“Just right”
Review of Wilton Hotel

Wilton Hotel
Ranked #199 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed August 8, 2012

The Swedes have a word, "lagom", that captures a sense of personal satisfaction with facilities. It translates to 'just right', putting an emphasis on a setting that works and provides a high degree of personal satisfaction. It doesn't mean over the top or ultra-luxurious, but it is functional and comfortable. The Wilton Hotel in Buenos Aires reminded me of this criterion.

The personnel, from front desk to cleaners, were helpful and positive. They paid attention to booking requests and information needs, responding optimally. The room had generous dimensions, comfortable furnishings, and useful devices like a fridge and a safe. Fine bed. Spotlessly clean. The only source of room noise in a room not facing the street came through the door, the sound of other doors opening and closing. However, there were only four rooms per floor in this section of the hotel, so this sole source of noise was hardly continuous. For a cold buffet breakfast, the food was amazingly good in variety and quality - even varying from day to day - including marvelous baked goods. This hotel used to be known as the Wilton Palace, but the room rate is not a king's ransom. I would return without hesitation, as every aspect was just right.

Room Tip: Email the hotel with your request(s).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bill350
Hotel Wilton P, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Wilton Hotel for your stay in Buenos Aires and for sharing your experience with us.

It fills us with pride and joy knowing that we make your experience at our hotel was positive.

Greatly appreciate to recommend us to their family and friends so they can also enjoy our all.

We hope to have the opportunity to host it at our hotel and make it feel like home again.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

Please be ware, don't stay at this hotel!
I made a booking in Kayak.com well before arriving in Buenos Aires. When I arrived to the hotel, the receptionist (Alfredo) was very rude and insisted they needed my credit card details even though it was already payed for. He said I wouldn't be charged but he kept asking for a lot of information (credit card number, expiration date etc..), or he couldn't book me for the night, he was very impolite and insistent about this. It was very late and I couldn't find an other place near by..

I only stayed there for a night, but my credit card was billed twice a higher price than I booked for. I tried calling the hotel to get a refund, but they keep saying the reservation staff is not available, and Kayak wont do anything either. Please avoid staying here, the staff is very rude and wont help you. Not to mention they will bill you more than they say.

Room Tip: Please don't stay here. If you must, dont give your credit card details to the staff!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank sebastian g
Wilton H, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2016

Dear Guest, thank you for sharing your opinion with us. We deeply regret that your stay was not satisfactory. Please note that the request for information to access the rooms is requested to guarantee your stay. Then these data are discarded. In relation to the charges made, it is possible that the total amount of the stay with taxes included was loaded. Internet portals often report the total amount with taxes included once the reservation is confirmed, and in many cases passengers fail to properly visualize it. The amount receivable should be reflected irrefutably in the voucher issued by your agency. Any difference we resolve it as soon as possible.

We hope to see you at the next opportunity and offer the stay you deserve. Best regards from Wilton Hotel.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

I highly recommend the Wilton Hotel in Buenos Aires, Argentina located in Callao and Santa Fe (street names)) if you are planning to visit Buenos Aires.
It is not a large hotel so it feels very cozy and welcome.
Can't ask for a better location. Close to restaurants, shops and walking distance from Recoleta and if you like to walk you can walk all the way to the famous Calle Florida.
The staff is friendly, and breakfast is included in the price, and it is not a continental breakfast. It includes cold cuts, eggs and incredible pastries.
The rooms are not big, nor fancy but very clean and good enought to enjoy your stay.
Also, withing walking distance try El Callao restaurant. Great food, clean and good prices.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the street are nosy because Buenos Aires is a busy city, but I rather stay in a room fa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sofia K

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed only two nights at this hotel but we were very comfortable and the breakfast was acceptable. We felt well supported by staff and the cleanliness of rooms was very good. We recommend this hotel if you want to stay close to La Recoleta zone, nearby you can find good restaurants and bars. The Santa Fe Avenue is very crowded and full of life. I would definitely return to this hotel if I visit Buenos Aires in the future

Room Tip: Since Callao is a very crowded and noisy street, I would recommend the non-street rooms and higher f...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank catrachosps
Hotel Wilton P, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2014

Reviewed March 9, 2012

This hotel was located close to a major shopping avenue, but some distance from the main downtown of Buenos Aires. While clean, the accomodations were not remarkable. The rates were reasonable and this would be a good place to stay on a budget. In fairness, the continental breakfast in the morning was very good. On the other hand, the exercise room was dismal and at least 100 degrees. The shower was good, the bed terrible. Air conditioning only works with a key, so be sure and get an extra so you can leave the AC on when you go out. I would not stay here again unless only here for a short time. Not a place for a holiday stay.

Room Tip: Be sure and get a room facing the street. Otherwise your view is off nothing but rooftops.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HummerBob
Hotel Wilton P, Gerente at Wilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2014

Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing the Wilton Hotel for your stay in Buenos Aires and for sharing your experience with us.

On behalf of the hotel and myself I want to ask my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay. Our team is constantly working to do better every day.

We are working with our team to improve care and provide quality service to our guests.

We hope you give us the opportunity to offer the attention and quality you deserve at a subsequent visit. We remain at your disposal for any assistance you may need before you visit.

Reviewed March 2, 2012

The bathroom was clean and good sized, and the air conditioning worked very well (which I really appreciated!).The room was a little dirty, with a stained carpet. The breakfast was good and the staff was helpful. This is the only hotel I stayed at in BA where you had to pay extra for wifi in your room, it was included in the other rooms.
All in all, I think this is a very decent place to stay in this location. There was an ATM right across the street which was great because then I didn't have to carry what I withdrew, I could just carry a small amount put the rest in the room safe right away.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

The hotel has 24-hour Internet access in the lobby and bar area. We have a Business Center with 2 computers. You can have tea or coffee in our Breakfast Area or order room service.

Reviewed February 26, 2012

The staff here were try helpful in telling us which areas to avoid and setting up tours. Most of the staff speak english and were able to help me when I lost my ATM card. This is a great hotel if you are looking for a place with warm staff, great breakfast, and plan on doing a lot of sight seeing. The rooms were comfortable and very clean. If you are in town to do a lot of sight seeing and not really for night life, stay here.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family