“Excellent Location & Quiet - If You Get the Right Room!”
Review of Regis Orho Hotel

Regis Orho Hotel
Ranked #392 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed May 20, 2007

My partner & I stayed there during Jun, 2006. I know it's been a year but I really hope this will help other fellow travellers.

We picked this hotel based on previous reviews. I am a light sleeper and I got the room facing the "calle peatronal". It was perfect! I slept so well. The only thing is the mattress was too soft and I suffered a slight back-sore. But nothing compares to a good night sleep especially all that walking we did during the day.

The room seemed to be clean and there was a safe and a mini-fridge. Breakfast was fine and the waiters were very nice and helpful.

The location could not be better, it's only minutes walk to the opera house, Casa Rosada, cheap restaurants and dinner/tango show (US $20 p/p) at the Museo Cultura de Tango on calle Maipu. The subte is also very near.

We went to the restaurants other TA memebers recommended:
Acapulco (down the same street on Lavalle) - great bife de chorizo & crepes con dulce del leche, El Mundo (calle Maipu) - great sausages. We also got to try the chinese's Parilla Libre (vegetables and barbecue) - 10 pesos all you can eat. It's definite the deal of the century and also a great alternative to all those meaty meals.

We had also stayed in a couple of places in San Telmo, & Recoleta. We visited some porteño friends in Belgrano after we went to Tigre. We took a couple of fun tango lessons. We went on a ranch tour with Los Dos Hermanos in Zarate. We then also sampled the non-porteño area, Salta. Please see our reviews there.

Thanks to TA's local experts and users, we had a great trip and definitely will be back for more great argentine glory!

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Emeo

Reviewed April 8, 2007

My husband and I stayed in the Regis for a week, The staff were very friendly and like the other reviews very good with the doors. Our biggest problem were the noise. We didn't rest for the whole week. If you stay on this hotel please make sure you don't stay on the street side, you can heard everything. The didn't move us because they were book, thing i didn;t like because they should put us on the waiting list as soon somebody check out we can move to another room. The breakfast it was ok, good good for a day and that it's. Another problem the room had ants and they resolve the issue. We feel safe on the hotel and welcome.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cheboricua
Reviewed March 24, 2007

Great location , right in the middle of the shopping area. This is a good cheap hotel ...I paid $64 for the night with breakfast. I was a single woman traveling alone and felt very safe here. Not a fancy place but just fine for the money. The staff were nice except the front desk kept asking me what time I was checking out!

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank limerickrose
Reviewed March 12, 2007

The Regis Orho was very centrally located to all the tourist attractions we wanted to see during our 2 day pre-cruise stay. It was really a great value for the money.

Staff was friendly and prompt with doors and elevators. Check in/out were very smooth. There was usually someone at the desk that spoke English, althouh we didn't ask too much of the desk. We arrived at around 10 am and they had a room ready for us. The room was relatively large and also had a large bathroom. The furnishings were rather drab, but that is not a priority for me. My biggist disappointment was the floor in the room was very dirty. Our socks/feet would get dirty from walking around on the floor.

The breakfast was okay, as it did not have a large selection of items. Overall, the hotel was charming and was about as I expected. Nothing great, but I would stay there again as it was a great value for the money.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank mountainsunset
Reviewed February 20, 2007

This was an amazing place for the price. It is an old style, small hotel with gracious staff. The staff were always rushing to open elevators or doors for you. It reminded me of the service you see in old movies. The manager made about six phone calls trying to reserve a room for us in a different city. He was amazing!

The rooms were very clean and quite spacious. The other reviews are very accurate.

We stayed there twice and both times they stored our luggage for us and helped us out to the street to load our luggage into the taxi.

The location is excellent - central to most of the central tourist attractions and about a 20 minute walk to the bus and train stations.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Vancouverr2323
Reviewed February 13, 2007

For the price & location, you can't go wrong. This is a charming hotel to stay in. Centrally located to a lot of restaurants, shopping & attractions. Quiet, clean rooms. Staff are very polite and extremely helpful. Breakfast included in rate and consisted of buffet selection of hot & cold drinks, pastries, cereals, rolls/breads and ham & cheese. Did not try room service, but it looked good! Decent size room, comfortable bed, lots of cupboard space, color tv with a load of channels, desk & chair, good sized clean bathroom, with hair dryer & toiletries supplied. In room safe, free of charge. Smoking rooms available if req. Loved the old fashion lift! Would recommend this hotel to anyone. This single traveller stayed total of 6 days and felt very safe & comfortable at all times and appreciated the friendly, helpful staff and marvellous location.
Kathi, Melbourne, Australia

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled solo
4  Thank peeweekathi
Reviewed December 3, 2006

We were booked at this hotel through a travel agency. Even though I had reviewed it on the internet before arrival, we were pleasantly surprised when it turned out so much better than expected. It's at a great central location; it has a staff that couldn't be more helpful; and it's quite clean. Actually the bed and bedding was extremely comfortable. The daily breakfast, although labeled "continental", is much more than the usual juice, rolls, and coffee.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled as a couple