“Excelent Hotel. Front desk in need of serious training.”

Emperador Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #56 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Emperador Hotel is really good. Great location, great rooms and spacious modern bathrooms. The indoor pool is also nice.

The only negative is that when I arrived the front desk person - Mauro - insisted in denying that the "bed and breakfast" rate included breakfast. Even after I showed him the hotel e-mail confirmation clearly stating that "buffet breakfast included" he insisted in denying it and said: "I cannot confirm breakfast is included"

When the frontdesk doubts not only the guest's word but even a official hotel e-mail something does not seem right.

In the end the hotel did honor the reservation and did not charge for breakfast.

All things considered, great stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,111)

Reviewed April 7, 2012

We arecvisitingbour daughter who is studying here. We arrived at the hotel about 1am after a very long travel day from Southern Patagonia. There was no one to help with our bags: the reception clerk was curt and barely said hello or welcome; when my husband asked about our bags he seemed amazed and annoyed that we had bags which at this point had been unloaded by our driver and left outside on the step. We finally got someone to help us and were shown to our rooms. They were possibly the worst in the hotel. On the first floor looking at the roof and a neighboring tall building. The room is very "tired" looking and the appointments are sparse. Towels are old and worn at the edges. No bathrobes, no wash clothes and a rag of a bath mat. Hardly appropriate for a 5 star hotelier even a 4 star hotel.

We asked to move rooms and they reluctantly agreed to give us the same room on a higher floor butbyou would have thought we asked for the penthouse suite. The room condition is the same but at least we are not lokiking at a flat roof and the side of another building.

However, we now have neighbors who seem to think they are in the privacy of their own home at all hours of the day. When we were awakened at 4 am to moaning and sighing we finally knocked on there door and it stopped. Pretty thin walls.

We have yet to run into o e friendly or even genuinely courteous staff member. It is as if they are just here doing their jobs and can't wait to o home.

All in all, very disappointing and I would not recommend this hotel unless you had no other. Choice. Location is fair.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kingtravelss
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Stayed here for four nights and had an overall very nice experience. It feels like a very elegant hotel without the pretention. The bellhops were extremely helpful and friendly, and the front desk also assisted me with tours, reservations, directions, etc., and spoke English very well.

The only con was that the room I requested was non-smoking, but upon arrival, the room they gave me smelled really strongly of smoke (and there was an ashtray on the table, even though they told me it was non-smoking -- strange). That said, I called the front desk right away, and 15 minutes later had a much better room. The bathroom was huge with a separate bath tub and shower, and the water pressure was heavenly!

The location is quite nice, a quick 10 minute walk to Plaza San Martin, 25 minute walk or so to the Puerto Madero or Casa Rosada. Took a cab to Palermo Soho which only cost about $8 US, highly recommend that - great shopping and unique boutiques and restaurants.

Since the hotel provides snacks and drinks in the mini-bar at very high prices, my advice is to walk to the Disco supermarket (it's not really a disco, hah, that's just the name) on calle Esmeralda (make a right out of the hotel, walk two blocks, make a right on Esmeralda - the supermarket is on your left). There you'll find all sorts of food, snacks, drinks, wine, etc., and at a much better price.

Great place for breakfast nearby is Merci on Arenales & Suipacha. Across the street is a money exchange, and a few doors down on Esmeralda & Arenales is a "Farmacity" which is kind of like a drugstore/pharmacy.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Very good hotel , clean and comfort rooms.
High price but acceptable. I paid 150$ per night with breakfast.
Wi fi is slow and cost alot.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Ok so the first thing I am going to say is do NOT stay this hotel. We only stayed here because of hertigruten (a company who do Antartic tours). I have several things to say, starting with the bad ones:

1: Check-in took at least half an hour and there were only two desks and one was open and we were next in line!

2: At the pool check-in the man was realy grouchy. But they had sweets!!!

3: There was absolutely NO information in the room but the room service meńu

4: The Wi-Fi is soooo expensive that we couldn't get any

Now onto the goods

5: The pool was mediumly large

6: The rooms were large and had a TV with all the channels I wanted (Nick, Cartoon Network, Disney Chanel and WB tv)

What ever you do, do not stay here

• Stayed: January 2012
5  Thank bentalbot2000
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I spent 5 nights at this classy hotel in early March 2012. I booked the standard room which was a very good size room on the 4th floor and had a wonderful bathroom.My view of Libertador Ave was good but I am sure there are other rooms in higher floors with much better ones.

The restaurant I used only for breakfast which was buffet style with many good choices of meats, cheeses, pastry, omelets, juices etc... The bar in the lobby was conducive to relaxation and business discussions. There was a wonderful patio in the back as well surrounded by high walls covered in green and a waterfall.

I used the gym many times, it was a complete gym that did service to its name and there was always someone there to help with exercises and setting up the machines. The indoor pool looked great and was full length but I did not use it. There was also a sauna available but I did not use it. The locker room had shower facilities.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2012

Wonderful rooms, wide, clean, nice classic furniture, with very comfortable bathrooms and imposing views of the Northern part of town and the Rio de la Plata. Remarkable dinner and very good breakfast. Garden is so nice, brides go to take photos before the wedding. Excellent attention. Modern building, very well situated.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floors: views are imposing!
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple