“Luxury at its best”

Ranked #20 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Camaiore
“Luxury at its best”
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I have just come back from a quick holiday to Argentina and am still thrilled about my experience at Faena Hotel in Buenos Aires
Stark really expressed himself in this fabulous hotel
When you arrive you start wondering what is going on, because the entrance to the hotel is tiny, just a small door on the street. At first I thought the taxi driver had chosen the service entrance, but then a butler came to welcome us and I realized that was the main entrance. It's like entering secret world. Through a small corridor you reach the reception and you get an idea of what the inside of the hotel is like.
The staff was really super helpful with us. Our flight landed at 8 in the morning and we were at the hotel by 9.30. I thought they wouldn't have given us the room until after lunch but the guy at the reception was great and gave us the first available room so that we could have it right away. Great!!!
The rooms again are a big surprise.... the lobby of the hotel is very dark, but then the rooms are all white and full of light! The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom is pretty spectacular, maybe not practicle.... but for sure spectacular! The walls that separate the bathroom from the bedroom are made of glass so maybe not the best for privacy but they sure do look amazing
We had breakfast twice and the breakfast room is one of the things I liked most in the hotel. A truly beautiful room! So make sure you don't miss it. Also it is great that you can have breakfast until 11 in the morning so if you want to lay in bed a little longer that is possible
But the best part of the hotel is probably the pool. Located on the ground floor I strongly recommand to spend a few hours there as it is incredibly beautiful
On the last day I asked if we could have a late check out and they let us use the room until 2.30pm without any additional charges
Everybody in the hotel has been super nice and professional
I really hope that I can go back to Buenos Aires soon and for sure I will stay again at Faena!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Flippo68
Thank you very much for sharing your most recent experience at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We were also happy to learn that our facilities met your expectations and that you
had such a great time.
I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near
future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservations. I
will be pleased to make all the necessary to make your stay once again, memorable.
Regards,

Ariel Barrionuevo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
New Jersey
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Beautiful rooms -- I loved the guard out front fully outfited in tip hat. Breakfast buffet had lots of choices. Nice size room with very cool open shower and hardwood floors. Bed was SO comfortable. Very quiet. The only problem at this hotel was that the keys often did not work and you have to go down to the front desk to get a new key. It happened to me every time -- so get multiple keys to start with and maybe you'll have better luck. All in all i would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear CKCTK
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback in Tripadvisor about your recent stay at
the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about
your stay.
I also appreciate your comments about keys. I apologize for the inconvenience that it may have cause you, I will personally check on this in order to avoid future repetitions.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm regards,

New York City, New York
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Loved our recent stay at the Faena hotel! We enjoyed lounging poolside and also the close proximity to area restaurants. I felt very safe walking around the neighborhood and taking a morning jog through the park across the street. We had an excellent lunch at the pool and took advantage of the lounge for after dinner drinks. Sunday night they have live music in the lobby bar which was fun and good people watching. Don't miss the hotel tango show offered nightly.

Hotel staff was great at suggesting restaurants for dinner and making reservations. I didn't take advantage of the spa but the hotel gym was very nice. Would definitely recommend staying here in BA.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear holly620
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments in Tripadvisor. We will ensure to pass on your kind words describing the service you received during your stay with us to the entire team, with a special acknowledgement to our Front Desk Experience Managers! We agree as well that RojoTango show is one of the best in Buenos Aires, if not the city, for exclusiveness and intimate atmosphere! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us, and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.
Best regards,

Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were with some friends in Buenos Aires and got into the hotel as external guests as we knew its design to be extravagant and trendy, so we had some drinks at the pool bar, which was indeed an outstanding location! We loved the stylish flair with the white-dressed sexy poolboy, the strange crown in the middle of the blue water and the other guests sitting around it on the red seats! It even could be a LGBT hotel - and that's exactly why we would come always again when visiting this country. Special thanks to Jeremias, who helped us in a very polite and friendly way although he seemed to belong to another department.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear FromGermany2014
I am delighted to read your review, thank you for your feedback. We are so pleased that you appreciated our design and style, but more relevant our staff kindness appreciation.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservations. I
will be happy to make all the necessary to make every single stay every time, memorable.
Regards,

Mendoza, Argentina
Reviewed February 2, 2014

It's the second time we stayed in the Faena Hotel - and I really love it. This time we had a Premium Room, which completely changed my mind about the comfort. The standard rooms are ok if you travel alone - but for couples, the bathroom is just too small. So that said, staying in a premium suite is perfect. The service is very good, lots of employees around ready to help if needed. The Breakfast is definitely the best breakfast in tow - nicely decorated with huge cups of coffee, big variety and - champagne. The living room area (bar) is a beautiful place to be during the day, when the weather doesn't invite you to go out. Wifi works well. You can easily relax and work here. The pool area is very inviting and the hamam/spa provides great treatments. Needless to say that the interior design and decoration is worth all the visit. Don't miss to go to the public toilet - it's very stylish! The menu card in the mercado restaurant has some nice options if you are longing for some healthy and different food after travelling through Argentina. I can't recommend it enough and am thanking all the staff for the wonderful attention.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Dear cecilike
It is very special for our staff to receive such wonderful compliments from guests
and clients; we truly appreciate you taking the time to do so. It is through such
thoughtful support and feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired
to provide impeccable service each day.
We were delighted to read that you had such a great experience at the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires.
Hoping to welcome you again very soon.
Warm regards

illinois
Reviewed January 30, 2014

During a recent stay at the Faena Hotel in Buenos Aires I was taking a nap in the afternoon with the do not disturb sign on and the room locked from the inside when suddenly, an individual barged into my room. Upon investigation of the matter, I found out that the reception desk had given a key to my room to a complete stranger who simply asked for a key to my room. Had the hotel simply asked the person's name, they would have discovered that it did not match the name of the person registered to that room. The reception area manager apologized but said that they were very busy at that time. What??? Until the reception staff is trained in guest security and the hotel figures out how a key can open a room locked from the inside, I have concerns about the safety of guests and their property at this hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank babetteIllinois
Dear babetteIllinois
Thank you for your review, We are very sorry to hear of your disappointing experience at Faena Hotel Buenos Aires. I understand your concern regarding this serious mistake in our room safety procedures. We are taking severe and concrete measures to avoid future repetitions.
Please feel free to contact me at your own convenience, I will be more than happy to assist you.
We apologize again and sincerely hope to restore your faith in Faena Hotel.
Kind regards,

abarrionuevo@faenahotels.com
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed January 20, 2014

A wonderful, fabulous experience! My husband and I spent the first four nights of our BA trip - including Christmas - at the Faena. We typically pack in as much as we possibly can - but this time, the heat was oppressive and we simply relaxed and enjoyed everything that the hotel had to offer. Loved everything - the pool, restaurants, gym, spa. All meals were outstanding as was the service. I highly recommend the Rojo Tango Show - it was spectacular! We had a great room with a lovely bathroom - soaking tub and a rainshower with great water pressure!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear Golfergirl2014
We would like to thank you for your review shared in Tripadvisor.
We wish to be able to serve you in the next future.
Warm regards,