Faena Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
El Porteno(Buenos Aires)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Alvear Icon Hotel(Buenos Aires)
Hotel Madero(Buenos Aires)
  • Pool
Unique Art Madero(Buenos Aires)
  • Free Internet
Own Madero(Buenos Aires)
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Buenos Aires(Buenos Aires)
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Hotel Babel(Buenos Aires)
1,320 results
All reviewsel mercadoexperience managerstango showlibrary loungered velvetrojo tangophilippe starckpool bartrendy hotelbeautiful hotelbusiness tripempanadasrestaurants and barsspauniversepuertoconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 28, 2013

From the moment I arrived in BA and saw the Faena name plate... I knew I was going to be pampered. The hotel is stunning and has all the outlets needed for a great holiday!! If your lucky enough to be staying for business even more so.
It rained for the first couple of days...
Thanks to Faena, I hardly skipped a beat the cultural experience at the hotel itself is amazing!
The tango, the hammam, El Mercado, the library and the pool... Its the perfect blend for my holiday just enough nightlife and energy along with pampering and relaxation.
My room instantly became home and my stay was way beyond expectations.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Ms Bowers,
It is tremendous pleasure to read such a nice comment on Tripadvisor.
On behalf of our team, thank you very much for your kind words and we look
forward to welcome you back in the near future!
Faena is your "home" in Buenos Aires.
Warm regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

In life everybody deserves a second chance. Although my first stay at the Faena was far from being a disaster I expected a lot more, since they are a member of the Leading Hotels of the World chain (and charge accordingly).

When I arrived I discovered that I was upgraded to the Executive room. If you're stying in one, just ask for the highest floor you can get, facing the river (it's easy to know, they are the even numbers). Buenos Aires has amazing sunsets as you can see in one picture I took from the room.

The Executive room is a little more spacious then the Premium rooms (50 sq feet more) and that makes a lot of difference, mainly in the bathroom area, where you have not only a shower but a bathtub aswell. And this time no faceplates missing.

One thing that bothered me the first time is still there: turning on the tv is much too complicated. There has to be a way to simplify that.

On the other hand I'll tell another thing that hasn't changed and that makes all the difference: the people that work there. Everyone, from the bellboy, the experience manager, bartenders, to the general management is genuily happy to assist you in any need, nothing is too much trouble and they all speak perfect english.

Please take advantage of your experience manager. Buenos Aires is an ever changing city and the cool places to go change very fast. Every suggestion I followed was simply amazing.

This time I was able to try the saunda and get a better look at the gym (as the corridor leading to the sauna passes on the side of the gym, that is not very big, but has top notch equipaments. As for the sauna, take my advice on it: do it at least once on your stay (hey, it's free). It's so relaxing that I literaly fell asleep.

Make sure you check the Library lounge too. I'm a great fan of mixology and Mathias is one of the best bartenders in Buenos Aires. Be open minded and let him do his job and you will be amazed.

If third is a charm I cannot wait for my next stay at the Faena.

Room Tip: High floor, facing the river (even numbers).
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Joao
First of all I would like to thank you for this second chance. I know there are things that need to be improved (eg. TV remote control) and I ensure you we are working seriously on that.
Secondly, thank you so much for sharing your feedback in Tripadvisor about this recent stay at
the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires and to highlight all the wonderful things you enjoyed about
your stay.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and please do not hesitate to contact me directly for your reservations. I will be happy to make all the necessary to make your stay a memorable and successful one.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The staff is very friendly and corteous. All the bars and restaurants serve great, great food. Talk to Matias, the Library Lounge barman, he'll surprise you with a special drink choice. Try El Mercado breakfast, it's really amazing (dulce de leche!). Rooms are beautiful and very cozy. I loved it!

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for choosing the Faena Hotel for your recent stay in Buenos
Aires and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor.
On behalf of Matias, our bartender, I appreciate your kind words and I ensure you he will be encouraged by them.
We are looking forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Faena + Universe is one of the coolest hotels I`ve ever stayed.Phillip Starck has made an amazing job in decorating this place!!!The pool is not large ,but it`s a wow.The crow in the middle is fantastic.The staff is not nice as the place.I booked the hotel with expedia.com in the same morning I checked in and Vicki,one of the concierges,took a long time to find my reservation,although I had a confirmation email.
There was music coming from the pool til 1 am.We do know that Buenos Aires is famous for the nightlife,but in an empty pool area,during a cold night,why was music playing so loud til late???
The hallway is extremely narrow,and we could hear noise from the rooms across ours!!!
It was a short stay,but it wont be remarkable!!!

Room Tip: A room not facing the swimming pool,if you like to have a good night sleep!!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing the Faena Hotel Buenos Aires and for sharing your experience in Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feeback because it makes us to improve everyday. I am very sorry to learn the inconveniences upon your arrival and the noises during your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me to my email (abarrionuevo@faenahotels.com) for any further details. I will take care of restoring your faith on Faena Hotel.
We look forward to hosting you in the next future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel itself is beautiful but the the room I got was small and not really confortable.
If you pay over 600 a night, you expect a top room, no less.
The food and bar are really nice and I dont have a complain about either.
If you choose to go, make sure you get a nice room.

Room Tip: Parece que hay varios niveles de habitaciones, por lo que sugiero que primero vayan a ver la habitación....
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
We would like to thank you for your review shared in Tripadvisor.
I regret to learn your room was not according to your expectations, please do not hesitate to contact me might you come back to Buenos Aires, I will take care of everything to restore your faith on it.
We really wish to be able to serve you in the future.