“Beautiful hotel, too bad about the service and details”
Review of Faena Hotel

Faena Hotel
Ranked #20 of 446 Hotels in Buenos Aires
New York
“Beautiful hotel, too bad about the service and details”
Reviewed November 22, 2012

We came to the hotel earlier in the week while staying at another hotel for drinks in the library bar. The service was very slow, but we were able to overlook it because of the amazing ambiance. After travelling to another city and having our itinerary change, we had to stay for one night in Buenos Aires. Naturally we decided on Faena Hotel.

Upon checking in very late, the staff was less than friendly and did not give us the room we expected. After asking if we could check out, they showed us another room that was very similar and asked us to pay additonally for the room. There was never a smile from anyone at the hotel. There was lack of care and empathy and overall, I felt that we paid for a beautiful hotel and the service did not match. It was very disapointing to say the least. The final straw was when we were leaving for the day, it was raining very hard outside and they refused to give us an umbrella. I will not be back again.

Beware of this hotel.

Room Tip: When booking online it asks for your preferences. We filled out the questionaire, but did not have...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank Jason A
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank your for taking the time to submit your review. I am sorry that we did not
live up to your expectations and we will work with the personnel involved to improve our performance because these inconveniences do not belong to our standards of service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you have any assistance in the future
at abarrionuevo@faenahotels.com

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2012

what an experience....the hotel is just beautiful from the never ending lobby to the white el bistro with unicorn heads on the walls to the eclectic library and the fabulous pool.
This hotel does not disappoint and the whole experience is enhanced by the experience managers who can advise you of the best places to go and when and arrange everything you could want from limos to lunch> All the stars stay here and there were a few there on our visit which made it great fun> i love the rooms and the beds give you the best nights sleep ever.
Buenos aires without the faena is not worth doing.

Room Tip: have a room facing the city and overlooking the pool and watch the sunset every night....i asked for...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, November 17, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for your review in Tripadvisor. Your feedback encourages our team to give everyday its best for our guest's satisfaction.
We look forward to having you as our guest in the next future.
Please do not hesitate to contact me for all the arrangements.

Tampa, Fl
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My BF and I visited the lovely city of Buenos Aires in March. Such a perfect time to go as the weather is phenomenal. We stayed at Faena for 5 nights. This hotel is in a new and upcoming area. Our check-in was smooth and the hotel staff was helpful (they made many of our restaurant reservations). Upon arrival we immediately went to the pool and had lunch. The octopus as well as ceviche were well prepared. The room was hip and modern (as well as the rest of the hotel). I particulary enjoy the all glass bathroom (which you can seperate with a curtain for more privacy). We used some of the spa amenities (manicure + pedicure for me) and massage for two. This was definitely a highlight as the room that they use for the couple's massage is very romantic with a soaking tub.
Pros: Beautiful, modern, and secluded
Cons: I had no cons for this hotel

Recommendations:
Arambaru restaurant is a must. Especially if you consider yourself a true foodie. The preparation and attention to detail are top notch. The food is savory and interesting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,
I really appreciate your review in Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you shortly.
Please do not hesitate to refer me friends or colleages , I will personally look after them.

Wellington
Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Our Faena experience started with a driver meeting us at the airport. Inside the car, a welcome box included water, apples and roasted nuts which was a great touch. Here's the first time I noticed the lack of attention to detail: they give you all that stuff, but you can't take the box to the room with you, so you either eat it or cram it in your bags.

Our room was great (they even had given us a free bottle of bubbles for our honeymoon) facing the Eco-reserve and the bell boy run us through the details of how things worked. 15 minutes later after he left we couldn't figure out how to turn lights on and front desk sent the maintenance team: the bell boy forgot to mention that the light "switches" actually had to be held pressed to turn lights on and off.

The shower head was huge and the water pressure was great: but the only way to prevent the bathroom from flooding was laying towels outside the shower.

There were also very few power points. These days, people have phones, iPads and other devices that need to be charged simultaneously.

The Mercado restaurant staff, even though super nice, didn't do the basics like keeping our glasses of wine and water full all the time.

Internet service was superb and available everywhe in the hotel

There's no doubt that Faena is a one of a kind hotel, but If there's one thing that Faena need to learn is that for their nightly rate, you get AAA service (not just good service) in other hotels of the world.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrPablington
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Dear guests,
First of all, my apologies for all these inconveniences. Then, I would like to thank you for your feedback, it is so appreciated by all our staff and myself.
I took every detail failed and I will address actions immediately with the personnel involved because I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the hotel and we will be ready for the best experience possible.

Regarding to room lights we are in process of replacing switches and make them on/off simpler. Besides, we have programmed within the next months shower box changes and a supplement power points in our rooms.

I remain at your entire disposal should you have any further requirement in the future.

Sincerely

New York
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Great hotel with some fabulous features - pool especially is fantastic and bell men - entryway staff are just superb ...... I found the concierge to be not overly personable and a little stiff - same with check in ...... polite but NOT overly friendly or welcoming....... too "formal" ........ service in Mercado restaurant is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow ...... incredibly so for a restaurant of this caliber and price tag - they seem super short staffed and very disorganized.......

rooms are nice but not amazing - 2 considerations - if your overlooking pool - you can expect to hear late night fun and music until very late most nights - hotel is only 5 ? stories and it is Buenos Aries ... if you are on business this may bother you ..... also for me and this is not the hotels fault but I had to call down to lobby at 4.30am to stop the "raging party next door" - it seems the Weds Oct 24th bar rock party moved from hotel bar to room 510 and unfortunately I was in room 508. I would have expected that at $500+ a night I would have gotten a follow up call the next day or recognition on checkout that I had lodged a serious complaint . The hotel obviously did send someone up and the party / music died ...and again they cannot control how guests behave but I can’t imagine that other rooms above below and on the side did not complain - the walls were literally vibrating .....

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Irisheyes69
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Faena Hotel.
I took all "lows" to address immediately with our teams and I hope to host you again in the future and get the chance to prove we have corrected them all.
Please do not hesitate to contact me should you need any further assistance.

Oklahoma City
Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel is exceptional. The decor is done in deep reds and purples - it makes you feel that you are surrounded by the rich and famous. The rooms are all state of the art and the bar is great. Very pricey but worth it if it fits your budget.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear guest,
On behalf of all my team, I would like to thank you for your comments shared in Tripadvisor. Your feedback is really appreciated becuase gives us another point of view and makes us improve everyday through self-criticism.

We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed October 11, 2012 via mobile

This is hands down my favorite hotel in Buenos Aires, everything from the customer service (everyone from the people at front desk, to the lovely experience managers and the boys at the front door), to the decor and food is amazing. I've stayed here a couple times and always had a room with an amazing view and the beds are the most comfortable I've ever experienced, like sleeping on a cloud. The dining experience at El Mercado is unbeatable although some of the waiters tend to be a little slow. Also love The Library Lounge for drinks with friends and although most of the bartenders are very friendly there is a couple of them with a really bad attitude which really ruins the experience if you have enough bad luck to come across them. Oh also the breakfast is some of the best I've had, really great coffee which it's not an understatement since I'm really picky about it. It is a luxury hotel and everything is very pricey, but really worth it. Will return as soon as possible.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Ariel B, General Manager at Faena Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Juliana
First of all, I would like to thank you for your time taken to express your experience at Faena Buenos Aires. Your feedback is really important for all of us because it makes possible to mend or improve any mistake.
I took seriously your comment about some of our bartenders and I will take measures immediately. Bad attitude does not belong to our standards of service and I will not accept it.

I look forward to welcoming you in the next future. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any further assistance.