“Bedbugs!! Stay away!!!”
Review of Hotel Frossard

Hotel Frossard
Ranked #394 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed December 2, 2009

This was my first stay at the Hotel Frossard, which has a great location in Buenos Aires, and which has a charming European lift.... but I was there for two nights and RAN from there after the second night. I had a bad night's sleep the first night and couldn't understand why... very restless, sheets untucked, etc. The second night I woke up feeling bites, and killed two bugs right on my skin. It was horrible. It was only 5 a.m., and I was out of that bed. I left that morning and went to a clean hotel. I think if there are bedbugs in one room, they are throughout the hotel, but I'm not sure. It was my first, and I certainly hope my last, experience with bedbugs.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
4  Thank Marymary9999
frossard, Propietario at Hotel Frossard, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2011

Hello
I´m the new owner of Frossard Hotel,I´m sorry for that bad experience.If you want come back to this place we will make you a discount and you can see the new rooms,regards from Bs As

Reviewed December 29, 2008

I have stayed at the Frossard 6 times since 2002. It had become something of a favorite when passing through Buenos Aires.

Pros: Very close to the city centre, just two blocks from Florida. The foyer has heaps of charm and character - when I was last there they had just done some painting and it looked a treat. Staff always seem to be friendly, helpful and invariably speak good English.

Cons: The rooms are small. That wouldn't be so much of a problem, they could be as charming as the foyer, but they have really been let go. At the very least they could use some fresh and imaginative painting like the foyer. Airconditioning old and didn't work in one room (I had to ask for another and the AC there was quite noisy). Showers do not have cubicles and make the whole bathroom wet. TV did not work (in the past this has not been a problem). The price has risen from $15US in 2002 to $60US in 2008 and this has really pushed my attachment to the place - I don't think the rooms are worth that much and, sadly, doubt I will stay again.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled solo
5  Thank rabbit83
Reviewed November 24, 2008

Horrible Hotel. This hotel was recommended in the Lonely Planet book and listed as mid-range. I will never use their recommendations again. The hotel was overpriced for what it was-$70 for a double. There is no way this hotel was mid-range. The bathrooms were newer but so tiny that you couldn't turn around in them. The sink was no bigger than a dog dish. The room itself was dirty, the carpeting was stained in many places, walls and molding were marked up. There was no place to put your luggage. One room had a tiny wood chair, the other had no chair. No table, just tiny bedside shelves. The view out the window was of the air shaft. Dark and tiny hallways. The towels were about as thick as a paper towel and well worn. No mattress cover which is unsanitary and the comforter was thin and looked about 20 years old. Airplane pillows were thicker than the ones provided. The internet was not working when we were there. The hotel is located right near one of the main pedestrain streets but the street itself wasn;t that great. We moved to a different hotel after the first night.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank clevelandtravelgirl
Reviewed May 27, 2008

My husband and I along with another couple spent three nights there prior to a cruise. We paid $60.00 per night for a basic but very clean room and bathroom. Breakfast was fresh croissants, juice and nice coffee which is all we wanted. The elevator was a tiny cage and dated from another era. Unfortunately, the air conditioning in our room was broken and I really missed it, although the staff provided a large fan. The hotel is near Calle Florida and the great Galeria Pacifica which has a tasty food court. The Claridge Hotel was just up the street from the hotel, and the location is good. The staff booked us a trip to Tigre which is a lovely day tour. Of course we had to do a tango show, and the hotel booked us at Piazzolla where we had a velvet-curtained box with our friends for an excellent steak dinner and the exquisite tango show. What an evening!! We would not hesitate to stay there again, but would check the air-conditioning immediately. Our friends had no problems with their room, and would also stay there again.

Stayed: April 2008
2  Thank ladymont
Reviewed March 9, 2008

Simply put: horrible.
Shabby, dirty, sleazy and expensive for the service provided by Argentinian standards. Lonely Planet describe it as a little gem.....so wrong! Wouldn't even recommend it to my biggest enemy.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank enryfal
Reviewed December 2, 2007

Found in Footprint guidebook and booked directly with hotel on a busy weekend. Very central location, just a block from Florida. I think we paid about US$40.

The room was smaller, but very clean and relatively new, as was the bathroom. Friendly staff. Air conditioning and TV included. Typical Argentine breakfast was included (medialunas/croissants, coffee or tea, and juice).

I could see how some people might have a problem with the noise. We were used to noisy Buenos Aires after several weeks in an apartment and didn´t notice. No matter what what hotel you stay at - one block from Florida is going to be noisy.

A good value and central location for the budget traveller. Recommended.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank HelloMonty
Reviewed November 20, 2007

The hotel is centrally located which is certainly a positve feature as we walked everywhere. However, this also means there is a lot of traffic (ie bus stops in front of building) and much street noise. We had a large front room and the noise both outside and inside was a major detriment to the enjoyment of our stay. The rooms have high ceilings and the building itself has seen more elegant times. We were originally assigned room 12 which we did not find acceptable because it was grungy and much too small. The other rooms at the back of the hotel while likely more quiet are small and accessible though a very narrow corridor. The staff are friendly. Breakfasts were skimpy and boring.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family