“Incredible does not begin to describe...”

Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires
Ranked #26 of 440 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the reception, the the rooms, to the concierge, to the doorman... everyone at this hotel understands the meaning of customer service. The rooms were beautiful (I was upgraded to a corner suite that was beyond words).

I've read many reviews that rave about the buffet breakfast so I chose the breakfast instead of my SPG points and was disappointed. I have traveled internationally and there are many buffet breakfasts out there that are far superior to what was offered at the Park Tower. Not to say it was bad... far from it... it just wasn't as good as some of the reviews I've read.

Would I stay a this hotel again if my travels take me back to Buenos Aires? Without a doubt!

Room Tip: Great location if you want to be near Puerto Madero but otherwise it is an inexpensive cab ride to P...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Traveling_Man_1638
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Park Tower. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. We appreciate your suggestions about breakfast. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were good, Everyone spoke English - a real plus since our Spanglish is mediocre at best. The only downside was the front desk, there was never more than one person working and he was not overly friendly or wiling to speed up to regardless of how long the line got.

• Stayed: February 2013
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

We are very proud to know that you have enjoyed an excellent stay with us. You are welcome to come again to Park Tower.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The Park Tower hotel is the third Starwood property I have stayed in while working in BA. I am happy to say - it is the best. We were on a Flight to Houston that was canceled due to mechanical issues. We called the Park Tower while waiting for our bags. It was 2 in the morning. They were quickly able to accommodate us. We arrived at the hotel and everything regarding check-in went VERY smoothly. They had a pre-printed invoice with all of our information. We simply checked the rate (which they included breakfast for us at a VERY reasonable rate) and took our key. The room was lovely. Clean, comfortable and exactly what I needed after the disappointment of a canceled flight. The bathroom was clean and gigantic, which was a welcome sight after the Sheraton Libertador. The room service was lovely. The private butler service was fantastic. The staff was excellent. The breakfast was huge and delicious. The car service to the airport was far more comfortable than the Manuel Leon service we had been using. I cannot say enough about this hotel. It will be my only choice if I need to be in BA for work in the future. Thank you Park Tower for making me so comfortable!

I will add, I am a business traveler and do not care so much about where a hotel is in the city as my transport is covered. If I were on a holiday, I may be inclined to want something a little closer to the action. However, I have stayed in several hotels in BA. I may just sacrifice the location (it is truly just a little further out), for extra comfort - which is abundant at the Park Tower. Happy and safe travels!

Room Tip: Choose a floor on a higher level. The views are nicer. Hire their car service for transport to and...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mra31mc
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Park Tower. It was nice to hear that you have enjoyed all our facilities. Thanks very much for such positives comments. We work very hard to treat every guest in special and leave memorable experiences.
Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Near downtown, very well placed, rapid service for check in and check out, absolutely nothing to complain.
Rooms and kink size bed are great, recommended for business and for private trips.
Service is well organized, you can also get coffee at any time.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback! We are glad to hear that your stay with us was a pleasant one.
We hope to have you with us again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in May 2013. I loved the location and the hotel. The hotel is gorgeous. We got there very early in the morning around 630 am and they were able to allow us check in early. The service was superb. Concierge were very helpful with every place we wanted to go. It's in a perfect location, 10mins walk to florida. Please get breakfast package- the food was delicious. The butler service was also awesome. Overall I loved this hotel :) I'll stay there again if I find myself in BA.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Thank you very much for your comments made in Trip Advisor, regarding your experience during your last stay at the Park Tower Buenos Aires Hotel. We are so glad to exceed your expectations. We look forward to host you soon.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in May 2013. The hotel is approximately an hour from the EZE airport. We were able to pay a cab drive in USD in order to avoid the bad exchange rate by ATM or currency exchange. We later got "blue pesos" for people currency on Florida Avenue. You are a little nervous at first but this is very common. The exchange rates was 5.3 at a bank and 8.3 from a guy selling currency on the street.

Now, back to the hotel.. You can tell this was a very nice hotel when it was built. It was built like to the quality of a St. Regis or a Ritz. However, you can see the age and neglect of the property on the furniture in the common areas as well as the room.

As a SPG Platinum we had no problem checking in at 9AM and being upgraded to a corner suite. The suite is large and has great views. 1.5 baths is also nice when traveling with someone.

The hotel offers full turndown service and put wine and a small appetizer or dessert tray in our room each day.

A pool with steam and sauna in the Sheraton is accessible to guests. The gym is probably the largest and nicest gym I've found in a hotel. However, the steam/sauna area made it apparent they sell memberships to locals and the older men in search of the company of other men were constantly trolling the steam/sauna area which made it a little seedy.

The Concierge service and the bellman service at the hotel was terrible. They would just motion us to get our own cab and the Concierge would offer dinner recommendations but would often be away for over an hour at a time. When asked if the famous Sunday Flea Market was worth it and would possible have local art he simply said no, do not go. Thankfully, we went anyway. It was a highlight of our trip. Lots to see, buy and great energy.

Basically, the hotel is a good value. It has good bones but is in need of some TLC as it is starting to wear. The concierge staff should be trained again in what they are there to do.

1  Thank Muntz73
Yanina C, Manager at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thanks very much for your comments, are very valuable for us. We were delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Park Tower. Thank you so much for staying with us and we hope to see you in a near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Took my fiance here for a surprise trip as we got engaged, her boss got her three days off and I proposed in central park before taking her on a three day trip. Perfect place to get away from everyone and just enjoy each other for a few days. Definitely have a biased view of the location and property because of the life event but I doubt I'll ever forget this spot....

Room Tip: separate bath and shower, dulce de leche cookies left in the room - yummy, amazing and huge spread f...
2  Thank Lars F
Yanina C, Gerente at Park Tower, A Luxury Collection Hotel, Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

We hope to have you with us again.