“excellent choice”

Melia Buenos Aires
Ranked #63 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights while on a business trip. This hotel was located close to our office but while staying over the weekend, we found it was central to many other tourist and historical attractions. Some places required a bit of a walk but it was 1block from the city tour bus which is very popular.
The hotel was very well kept and the doorman were very courteous and welcoming every time you walk in. The concierge and front desk assisted us with all of our questions and provided us excellent recommendations. They spoke English pretty well too. The rooms were cleaned daily with linens replaced when requested. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
MeliaBA, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Melia Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2014

Good morning
thank you very much for your comments. It was a pleasure having welcomed you and we are very pleased to know you have had a very good stay.

There are newer reviews for Melia Buenos Aires

Reviewed April 11, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in December of 2013 for a business trip. The check in and hotel staff were friendly and efficient as well as helpful.

Hotel location is good, within easy walking distance of an outdoor shopping mall and several indoor malls. Not terribly close to a lot of tourist attractions, but not too bad, either. Traffic in this city is pretty bad, so a cab ride is a last resort... if you can walk to it (whatever you are wanting to do), you should.

There are many restaurants outside the hotel and I don't recommend eating in the hotel. The food in the hotel restaurant leaves much to be desired... don't bother. Fortunately, with all the choices close by, it doesn't really make much difference.

The rooms are clean and well stocked, the bathroom even has a bidet. Housekeeping staff cleaned the room daily and there were no problems and were very responsive to requests.

I would definitely stay in this hotel again on my next trip to Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Josh Z

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel 2 days during a business trip. This hotel is located in a very central area of Buenos Aires. A few blocks away, is a nice park and a long pedestrian street as well as Las Pacificas mall. It is on a quiet, one way street with restaurants and bars across the street.

Good
- My room was on the 8th floor facing the street and it was quiet at night.
- Room was large and clean
- Bed was comfortable (I like beds a little soft)
-Bathroom was clean and there were wash cloths (which surprisingly can be hard to come by)
- I didn't have any issues with the staff. They held our luggage for our evening flight and nothing was lost or stolen. Check in and check out went ok

Other
- The internet is really expensive and intermittent
- The buffet breakfast is just ok but to be honest, I have never really had a great breakfast in Argentina.
- Had a late lunch with a colleague at the restaurant. We asked for water with a little lemon. The waitress brought back two glasses full of lemon juice. We had to explain to her again what we meant - my coworker is from Colombia so language wasn't a problem. Anyway, she brought us some water to dilute it. My colleague ordered ravioli and it came swimming in butter - literally.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2014

We stayed at the Melia for a few nights in January 2014. We chose this hotel because we have previously stayed at a different Melia resort. We liked our room and the amenities. We did not consume anything from the mini-bar which was outrageously overpriced. There are a few mini-markets nearby where we purchased our soft drinks and snacks there. We did not like that there was an open window in the wall separating the bathroom to the room, so one could see each other from the room and vice versa.
We are not big eaters but we were disappointed with the measly choice at breakfast which was comparable to a complimentary breakfast at any 3 star hotels in the US. We kind of expected the same breakfast experience we've had at our previous Melia stay. We did not expect a North American breakfast, we would have like to see more selection. It was a basic breakfast bar. I also felt the coffee was substandard. I did not find the staff friendly. They went about their business, that’s it, no more, no less! I would also venture that we were ignored a couple times when we were having breakfast.
I like the location. It was within walking distance to shopping plazas, restaurants and shops and grocery stores. I like the fact that McDonald was around the corner and I could always go there quickly to check my emails from their complimentary wifi. Prior to choosing Melia, we checked a few other hotels online and when we saw their actual locations during our visit, and we were absolutely happy that we chose Melia Buenos Aires over them. I would definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and colleagues. We felt safe and enjoyed the comfort of the hotel however, some friendly smiles from the staff would make it much more enjoyable!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Natalee2013

Reviewed April 3, 2014

All was very good ,starting from the people at the door when you get out from taxi, personel at the check in,breakfast food and breakfast people,room service very available and propmt at any request. Internet servicevery efficient.At least for me all was excellent, I will certailnly be back at this hotel.

Room Tip: My personal room was the 804 and was outstanding, I do not know the others but I guess are good as w...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I stayed twice at this hotel, March 2014 and I can safely say the hotel is in need of a refurbishment and lessons in staff service and motivation. Most of the Staff were not client friendly, abrupt and lacked courtesy. Rooms were OK, although a crack in the glass of the window and broken hinge off the 8th floor did not go down well. Room key card also failed on 3 occasions during my stay, resulting in a long walk back to reception and a long wait if people were in front of me checking out as happened twice. Useless!! Then I was told by reception it was my fault for putting the key near to my tablet. !! Unbelievable.

Business Centre there is useless and was not even staffed when I was there and needed it. Tried printing out an E-mail for ongoing air ticket and could not, and no staff were able to assist. Such a simple task, I was amazed. Gym and spa not open until 11am on weekends and when I asked at 10.45am if I could use the treadmill, I was abruptly told "NO - 11 0' Clock" It was pathetic.

Restaurant was average, no variation both at breakfast and the main menu. But the food I had tasted good. I always take a note at breakfast if it's fresh or carton orange juice, Yep, it was carton stuff here. That is a minor point but always a good indication of a hotels standards for guests.

There is no lounge, TV room or even dedicated bar in the hotel, the bar is a small area just on reception. Old guy serving in full dinner suit, lost patience with me and told me "I don't speak English" Later I explained in Spanish, "I don't tip" he got the message. The outside area was OK bang opposite a car park and Subway Sandwhich bar. I sat outside in the Reconquista street which is safe and pleasant, watching people pass bye. But be prepared to be pestered constantly by people of all descriptions asking for money, (beggars)

In conclusion, look elsewhere, there are much better hotels than this for the money in this beautiful city. Very impersonal and cold feel to the hotel and when I return to Buenos Aires, my hard earned cash will go elsewhere. I thought Melia has higher standards than this, having stayed in a few before such as Caracas, Venezuela. Absolutely no comparison to that one with this place.

Room Tip: Inspect the room at check in and don't accept it if your not happy and do not be put off by the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ANTHONY R
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Location: On an pedestrian walking street with many restaurants and bars, a couple of blocks away from the main shopping street, close to sites

This is a very nice centrally located downtown hotel. The staff was helpful and generally spoke English including the operators. It has a mid-sized marble lobby, usually with a couple of doorman at the front. I had a superior room which was updated and modern and a good size, the bathroom also had all new appointments. It was comfortable & clean. Unusually, the bathroom was actually open to the rest of this room, so you'll be pretty much exposed if you're taking a bath although the shower had an opaque glass door, and the WC itself had a solid door. The hotel is on a street and area with many restaurants, bars and stores, a couple of blocks from the main shopping street Florida and a subway station, within walking distance to many of the sites and Puerto Madero, one of the main restaurant areas. I would recommend this hotel for any travellers.

Cons: A curtain between the bathroom and the bedroom would probably be a good thing for those customers who care.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo