“Just perfect” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #62 of 453 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Campinas, SP
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This hotel is just perfect.
The location is amazing, near to lots of B.A.s tourist spots and a little walk from another bunch of cool sights. You can find bars, pubs, cafes, restaurants etc nearby.
For check-in we had some problems and we had to take a walk on the city before beingwe could get our room which was still being "cleaned". Other than that services were impeccable. Breakfast is fantastic, sauna & pool are amazing and checkout was fast and accurate. We also got a transfer out to the airport which no issues.
The room was great... clean, new and quiet. The bed was sooo nice and bathroom was excellent.
Totally recommend and will surely come back to this Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GuilhermeDAgostini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Park Ridge, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I stayed at the Melia for 8 nights in December 2012. I found the hotel to be comfortable, centrally located and reasonably priced (~$160/night). I was a bit nervous after reading the complaints of the noise from the bars across the street. My room was directly in line with 2 bars, and with the windows closed I didn't even notice it.

The gym/pool lacks a little to be desired and as others have pointed out the pay for wi-fi is a little annoying.

Overall, I found the hotel to be good for the cost and would recommend it to friends.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
São Paulo, SP
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Perfect localization for people who loves to explore cities such as Buenos Aires. You can use bus, "subtes" and walk for everything!
Close to the main points of the cities, you can walk until Puerto Madero, Florida st and other places...
The hotel provide all you need to have an excellent experience, I've been there from 12-06-12 until 12-09-12. They have a SPA where you can rest and "rebuild" yourself for another exploration day.
The majority of the workers speaks portuguese and can provide you tips for a perfect dinner. I recommend Lucas, He knows a lot about the city, but all the others also may know a lot of tips....

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

In this day and age a hotel not offering free wifi is simply a joke.

Ok moving on from that disgraceful oversight. Hotel is in a good location, the rooms are v spacious even if the AC does not work as expected. Yes it cools the room but the thermostat on the wall is a decoration more than an indication of a desired temp. Breakfast is good and the staff in the breakfast room are very good. The guys working the doors are v helpful and will get you a taxi but be prepared to wait. I had never imagined a city short on cars or where the wait for cars is unnecessarily long.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Lmidbn
FOUNTAIN HILLS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

We were at Melia Buenos Aires for 5 days in late November, 2012. We have traveled all over the world since 1966 and this is one of the finest hotels in which we've ever stayed. The staff couldn't have been more helpful, courteous, or gone out of their way to assist my every wish and need. They knew my name within minutes of my arrival. We were impressed. I speak NO SPANISH, which they accepted with a smile and spoke perfect English to me, even interpretting some local things for me.They changed money at the current Rate. The Business Center's Internet worked perfectly every time we needed it, and most of all, the elevators came quickly - we had an 8th floor, corner room. We felt like Royalty. I would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Buenos Aires for any reason. A local B.A. friend told us that it is in a fine, superior neighborhood and close to his favorite Steakhouse, AL CARBON, which he said was the best steakhouse in Buenos Aires. I can't understand the other reviews I read about this place prior to writing this one. They don't sound AT ALL like the place we stayed in during our recent stay in Buenos Aires. This is a top drawer hotel.

Room Tip: Corner rooms like we had are HUGE, sunny, and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bremen, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

This hotel surprised me. I expected a Melia to be better than this. Let me start with the upside: Room was fairly large and the bed was good. At check in I was given a room at the 7th floor. As soon as I got out of the elevator I sensed that something was wrong: It reeked of tobacco - even in the corridor. When I opened the door to my room, it was clear to me that I could not stay there. The smell of old tobacco smoke nearly knocked me over. I went back down to the reception and was able to change to another room on a non-smoking floor. I told the reception that they should ask people if they wanted a smoking section room or not. I was told that the hotel operated an oposite practice - that if you said nothing your were assigned a smoking room and that it was my choice whether to smoke or not in my room. I consider this an odd policy. The hotel charges nearly GBP 10 per day for WIFI, which is rather expensive. It is strange how still some very few 5-star hotels charge for internet-use, while it is normally free in 3 and 4 star hotels. In other areas of the tourism-industry, the more you pay - the more you get included - not so at the Melia Buenos Aires. The week before I stayed at another 5-star hotel in Buenos Aires, the Claridge. When I asked here about internet, they answered: "Of course we have free WIFI - we are a 5-star hotel SIR !" So to the breakfast: The breakfast-room was pretty crowded and the staff tried to get guests to leave as soon as possible: They cleared the table imediately if you left the table to get something more from the buffet. I left my bag on the table to signal that I was returning, but before I could get back, table was given to another guest and my bag was put at the headwaiters desk as left behind. The food at the breakfast buffet was OK - and I would classify it as 3-star. So to the environment: The Melia has (as most hotels these days) a small note saying that we all should save the environment by saving water by not producing to much linen to be washed. A good policy. But at the same time the hotel has placed Evian-water from the french Alps on desk and in bathroom, with a note saying that your body needs 2 litres of water per day. The water bootle in my room was passed its "use by date" which indicates that very few guests must have found this water-offer of nearly GBP 4 per bottle attractive. But why carry water half way across the globe at all, if you are so concerned about the environment ? Other hotels in Argentina offered us good local mineral water when I travelled the country. From the outside the Melia looks modern, inside the rooms the style is brass and mahogany with checkered carpets and feels rather dated and without the style of a real old hotel. An upside is that it is located on a kind of semi pedestrian street with little traffic - allthough this meant that some (but not all) taxidrivers insisted on stopping a block up the road.

Room Tip: Be aware that you might be assigned a smokers room withour asking for it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank Skygirl81
Winchester
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My cousin and I changed dollars here and subsequently found they were forged. As we did not change money anywhere else it led to us talking to the manager who was particularly unhelpful. We then spent all afternoon at the police station. Be very careful here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family