Four Seasons Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #9 of 444 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

The four season never disapoints me, service and atention is great! The hotel is under renovation the first day we got a room in the lower levels and the noise of the construction eas terrible bit they changed our room next day and apologized for the inconvenience

1  Thank Lucrecia11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,471)

Reviewed March 31, 2013

When we lived here in Buenos Aires we went to the Four Seasons almost every month a "Day of Spa and relaxation". We lived in the area and really enjoyed going to the spa for the day.

We were in town on vacation and they had a special promotion that was 2,500 pesos for a couples 50 minute massage, use of the spa/sauna and lunch in the Pony Line Bar Restaurant off the lobby. The lunch included a 2 course meal where you could pick 2 of either an appetizer/entree/dessert.

The portion sizes are quite generous. My wife started out with hummus with chips and a bit of Kobe beef on top. It was really good. Then she had a salad. I had the truffled french fries with 2 fried eggs on top (sounds strange but was really good). Then I had the Mushroom "Cuartirolo" Cheese, and Kobe Bresaola pizza. The pizza was GREAT! Just to give you an idea on prices, the pizza would have been 85 pesos. French fry appetizer was 50 pesos. Most appetizers were 50 - 75 pesos and the entrees were 75-85 pesos.

Service was great as usual at the Four Seasons. The renovated lobby and restaurants look really great! The only thing I wasn't a fan of was the funky blue lights in the lobby but everything else is a huge improvement.

However, it wasn't really a restful day. Although the lobby is all renovated and the restaurants (our waitress said they finished it in November 2012), there was horrendous and LOUD jackhammering and sledge hammer noise from the spa/sauna and relaxation room. The renovations must be directly above the Spa because the noise is very loud.

I couldn't really rest in the relaxation room because of the loud jackhammering. Even during our couples massage you could hear the loud jackhammering above but not quite as bad as above the Men's sauna. Honestly, I don't think they should be selling massage services during this renovation as it's NOT relaxing to hear this during massages which are supposed to be calming.

Hopefully this LOUD noise can't be heart in the guest rooms above. I absolutely can NOT recommend anyone to go to the Four Seasons Spa until they are done with the renovations. The woman said they will be renovating the spa during May/June/July so I'd say to just totally avoid the spa until August or so.

Keep in mind I did NOT sleep in the hotel and only spent the afternoon in the spa. Hopefully you can't hear the noise and jackhammering from the rooms. It's best if you book here to inquire with them about noise levels.

They said the spa would be renovated starting in May and go from May/June/July so I'd assume there will be more noise to come.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank saintba
Reviewed March 29, 2013

The hotel has recently finished renovations so when my wife and I booked 5 nights during Christmas we were a little skeptical. However, upon arriving that skepticism quickly faded away. The bellmen quickly took our belongings and ushered us over to the front desk. Instantly we were greeted with a staff member to check us in and a conceirge to see if we needed help planning our stay. My wife worked with conceirge to plan out full days and unlike other hotels she was in the know about what to do and what not to do.

We were in a recently renovated room overlooking the mansion and pool. The rooms were clean and full of local decor.

I'd say the highlight of the hotel is the breakfast buffet and the restaurant in the hotel. We probably had our best meals there..

Bottom line: The four seasons delivered once again. Highly recommend

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013

This hotel is stunning with a perfect location in Buenos Aires. The pool and the service are all spectacular and the room are spacious and comfortable. The beds are super cozy and it was tough getting out of them every morning and after every nap! The concierge was super helpful and I can't recommend this hotel enough. Definitely stay here if you can afford it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We spent three nights here during our honeymoon - and we wouldn't change a thing. The entire staff at the front desk, concierge and even lobby bar were amazing. We were immediately upgraded to a suite upon arrival and had a bottle of champagne waiting for us. Concierge and the bartenders gave us great recommendations for where to eat, drink and go out. The only one little thing I'd say is that they weren't very helpful with finding a black market exchange place -- they sent us to a place that had the absolute worst exchange rate! I know they're trying to be careful to not put guests in dangerous situations, but I expected they'd help a little more!

Room Tip: Poolside is the way to go -- otherwise you look at the highway!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stephanie M
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Luxurious as expected , like all four seasons hotels world wide . Very helpful ladies at the front desk and concierge , Estreya Gosalbez , Augustina Andechaga and Magali Havat at the reservation department they were exceptionally helpful and patient with us , we had some problems with our reservation they spent more than 2 hours with us to make sure it was solved , they also helped us changeling our flight and hotel booking in Rio de Janiro .

On top of this fabulous staff comes the general manager of the hotel , I've never seen in my life and I travel a lot , a manager that comes and greets guests personally , what touched me most after greeting us , there was some empty glasses at the lobby she herself took it away , so simply you feel you are at home or a friend's home .
My husband and I stayed for one night , the room was clean , spacious and had a nice view of the city . Location wise excellent too , near some very good restaurants and shopping area .

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 12, 2013

We spent 2 nights at the Four Seasons. The room was spacious and luxurious, the service impeccable, the food and wine fabulous. The staff could not do enough for you and were always polite, friendly and attentive. The only minor complaint I would have is that the lifts were out of order at times, which meant a bit of a wait as there are no stairs. Other than that I would heartily recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a room looking over La Mansion, it's the better view.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple