“They ignored my booking even when I had paid in advance!”

Unique Executive Chateau
Ranked #405 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed July 21, 2012

I paid for this hotel to go on a 5 day trip with my daughter, on July 11, 2012. I got to the hotel near midnight, and as soon as I walked in, they told me the hotel was over sold and that they would move me to a different one! During the day I had mailed Vanesa Soreira, Reservations Manager, to let her know we would check in late and wondering if there was room service. She answered my mails but NEVER told me we did not have a room! I just couldn't believe it! The conserge also had a very rude attitud and the whole experience was awful. Please, DON'T book in this hotel! If you like Unique Hotels, choose the one located in Roque Saenz. The one in Talcahuano is very well located but unfortunatly, the people that work there ruined everything.

Room Tip: Can´t rate the rooms, the cleanliness and so on....never had the chance to walk in further than the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank carmen b
There are newer reviews for Unique Executive Chateau

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Located in the chic Buenos Aires neighborhood of La Recoleta, this boutique hotel offers comfortable accomodations at very reasonable rates. The lobby decor is elegant and modern, though some may find it somewhat funky, with shiny marble floors, black walls, mirrors and eclectic furnishings. There's a marble statue of a woman at the end of a corridor in the lobby that I found somewhat creepy, though I'm sure it's an important weork of art. Rooms are located throughout two separate towers, each with Old World-style elevators that add to the hotel's charm. While there is no restaurant on-site, the neighborhood has some of the city's best selection of great places to eat. Also nearby is beautiful Recoleta Cemetery, where famous "residents" include Evita Peron. The property is a better option for tourists than for business travelers since there is no proper Business Center and internet costs an exorbitant $14 for 12 hours. I found the staff to be very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms are located in two towers, though both are connected through the lobby and appear to be part o...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank santiago305
Reviewed April 7, 2012

I originally booked a room at the sister hotel - Unique Plaza hotel a couple of streets away. It was last minute and for one night just before easter weekend. When I arrived they were fully booked but very apologetic and quickly and efficiently organised a complementary taxi to take me to the Unique Chateaux, Which turned out to be as equally good and efficient.

The hotel has character, is beautifully decorated and stylish in decor and service.
I would not hesitate to come back

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 27, 2011

The hotel is 4 star, located few minutes walk from Recoleta center which is one of the greatest centers in Buenos Aires. Staff are helpful but the so- called business center in this hotel is very disapointing, there is only one old computer and you need to get a key in order to get into this dark room. The price is relatively cheap so I would recomend the hotel for decent stay in Buenos Aires.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 24, 2011

Nice boutique hotel in a busy and safe neighborhood.
Only 10 minutes from the main airport and close to Palermo exclusive area.
Room was small but very clean. Good bedding.
Breakfast was poor.
Friendly staff

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We just choose this hotel on expedia because of its price and location, as we need a place to take a nap for few hours as we should arrive in Buenos Aires central airport at 10 PM and have a flight on Int´l airport at 6 AM. Besides that, being 4 star rated, part of a hotel chain that has been part of Kempisnki hotels it would be all I needed.

Few days before my trip, I checked this hotel´s review on trip advisor, what I do for all bookings, but did not for this one due to the above mentioned reasons.

Aware of their politics of overbooking and transferring to other hotels, I tried, without success, to call them to check if I should go directly to the other hotel. However, nobody answered my calls.

Arriving there, before I even said my name, the check in guy, started his bla-bla-bla, probably a text known by heart.
As I knew it was useless to argue, I just asked for the taxi quickly.
Took at least 20 minutes for the taxi to arrival. Meanwhile, another brazilian customer arrived. The receptionist asked him to take a seat and wait, as he would tell him the same story. When the guy come to seat close to us the receptionist asked him to seat far away!!!!!
Up to leave the hotel another victim couple arrived. They do it in a high scale!!!

On the other hotel: lazy check in, asked us to see the voucher, credit card guarantee…
They gave us a low level room in the front of the hotel, where a depressing tango show was happening under our window. Incredible! Needless to say that the old windows did not seal any of the noise.

At 2 am when we felt asleep, SURPRISE: the recepcionist called us TO CONFIRM OUR TAXI TIMMING!!.

We had made clear when at the check-in - we need a taxi 4 AM. We do speak Spanish!!!

At 4 AM no taxi in the front of the hotel. The receptionist said to me it was normal to be late, there is traffic jam during this time!!!!

This was the worst treatment rendered to a customer in the whole history of hospitality business, ever. This "Unique" Chain must get out of the market as soon as it's possible! It's a danger let them operate and deal with people!!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Eduardocmeira
Reviewed March 6, 2011

The small hotel is in an excellent location. However, it is poorly run. Room towels on more than one occasion had holes in them. The breakfast tableware had chipped dishes and cups.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple