“central and awesome staff”

Sheraton Libertador Hotel
Ranked #143 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 28, 2012

the hotel is located in a very central area , with excellent restaurants and good shopping nearby.The hotel staff is very friendly and eager to help .Rooms are spacious and although not modern looking they are very clean and functional.The breakfast buffet is good and I appreciated the extended schedule.WiFi is not free and not easy to connect to but the purchasing price is fair and the front desk people very helpful in assisting with any technical troubles.I enjoyed our stay there and I would use this hotel again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Libertador Hotel

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Great area. Next door to one of the best shopping centres in Buenos Aires. Walking distance to all main shopping streets and important landmarks. Friendly reception. My only complaint is that I booked through booking.com and once I arrived my husband gave them his spg number to accumulate the miles for our stay. They said nothing to him. Only upon our return when we contacted them to find out why the miles were not being awarded to our account did they mention that since we had booked through a different site we would not get our points.
I think this should have been clarified upon our check-in so that we may have been able to do something about it. It may not sound like a big deal, but redeeming miles is one of the ways I use to pay for my trips.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Riosal
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The room was quite comfortable and clean. Service was reasonably good, when I asked a power adapter they took so long that I had to ask it again.
There are no glass doors in the shower, just half of it, so the floor gets completely wet after a shower. The exhaust fan in the bathroom was not working and cigar smoke invaded the room every night, perhaps from the exhaust channel. Talked to the guest service staff but was not helpful at all.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask a room where the exhaust fan does work in the bathroom. There was no switch to turn...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2012

To start, the location of this hotel is magnificent. It is even better that the Sheraton Convention close by. Literally a block away from Galerias Pacifico. An unbelievable shopping mall. Lets start with the check in process. Painless, no wait, and Carlos checked us in in no time. He is an extremely pleasant agent. I almost dealt with him everytime. I recommend asking for him.
Also Florencia in the reservations department treated us almost like royalty and took care of our accomodations. We had Turndown service everyday without even asking and since it was my wife's birthday, we got a little goodie sent up to the room on check in day.
They room itself was clean as a whistle. I recommend tipping the room attendant every other day as an incentive and the room was clean as it could be. She even got us a vase to put flowers that my wife got for her birthday. We stayed for 11 nights and got access to the club level lounge. The breakfast area on the 21 floor was a must everymorning. Great Medialunas and Dulce de leche. Ham, cheese and scrambled eggs for the American Breakfast lover. (very complete buffet). Afternoon ourderves, and wine completed the experience.
The rooms appeared recently renovated as the furniture did not have a single scratch. THe pool looked very tempting but did not use it since did not pack swimming trunks.
This hotel for sure will be my next stop next time I travel to Buenos Aires.

Room Tip: Join the SPG program. Travel enough to get access to that swell Club Lounge. Worth it.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2012

You can't beat the location for walking access to restaurants and shopping along Florida (2 min). It's a 5 min walk to Av Santa Fe, 10 min to the Teatro Colon and about 15-20 min to Recoleta, San Telmo, Ferry Terminal and Puerto Madero. And yet, its quiet.

We were in the club level. The rooms themselves are rather dark and looked run down. The carpet was all lumpy and worn out as if there was water damage and the carpet had not been torn out and replaced. Water flow in shower was very low. The down duvet needs to be in a duvet cover or replaced with one newer - we had feathers all over the place just by flipping open the cover. Overall, the room looked tired and in need of updating, although it was clean.

Breakfast in the club level was ample and has a nice view of the port.

Service was very professional and friendly. They were particularly adept at dealing with overly needy people without making others feel neglected.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wanderkinder
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Located in the heart of the city. Very near to florida street and the Gallerio Pacifico Mall. The reception is efficient but the showers in my room were not upto the mark and inspite of a complaint nothing was done about it. The hotel is very expensive but if you have work in down town it's well located.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

This is an older but still in good shape hotel located in the center of the city and at the level you would expect from a Sheraton. The location is down town, making it a mess to get in and out easily from this location. If you stay here for business, plan on giving yourself extra travel time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business