“Excellent hotel in a secure and well placed location”

The Brick Hotel Buenos Aires - MGallery by Sofitel
Ranked #28 of 442 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Being a member of Accor Hotels, I thought we will give this hotel a go. However it seems that they have only recently become part of Accor Group and many staff did not know much about the expectations of an Accor Platinum member. The manager eventually got things sorted out but it seems a lot still needs to be done in this department. We were upgraded to a suite and it was very nice indeed. The hotel is luxurious and well appointed. The staff are very friendly and mostly very accommodating. The location in Ricoleta area is very quiet, secure and excellent access to the downtown area as one can walk to the city centre, albeit a long walk. Like other hotels in Buenos Aires, it seems there is a disconnect between the Bell Captain and the Taxi company that he called. We were reassured that the Premier Radio Taxi should cost no more than ARS 60 to Newbery Airport but when we arrived, being dropped off at the wrong terminal, the taxi driver charged us ARS 120 (meter was not used) whereas when we arrived in Buenos Aires at Newbery and took the taxi outside the airport it cost us only ARS 50 to get to Caesar Park hotel. Something does not seem right here. Having said that the hotel facilities and location are excellent.

Room Tip: If possible try and get an upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Eduardo C, Director General at The Brick Hotel Buenos Aires - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Caesar Park Buenos Aires. I am sorry that you could not feel an Accor´s experience during your stay; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Caesar Park, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address transportation´ problems and prevent future occurrence.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our cruise line booked us for 1 day prior to the commencement of the cruise. We booked 2 additional days to recuperate from jet lag and to get to see a little of Buenos Aires. I was skeptical of a cruise line's choice; I was very, very wrong. My standard of perfection for hotels is the Four Seasons. Caesar Park is equivalent. Location is very good. The hotel physical structure is great; large rooms, well-appointed, soundproof, perfect A/C. Beautiful public rooms. Complimentary breakfast was as good as any I have ever had, anywhere. The service at breakfast was perfect. Room service was quick, reasonably priced, and delicious. Reception staff was knowledgeable, quick to respond, and very competent. Concierge staff was wonderful. They arranged a ferry for us to Colonia, Uruguay, and recommended great restaurants. My wife mentioned (in other conversation with the Concierge) that it was my birthday; the Concierge made only polite response but in 30 minutes a wonderful (complimentary) chocolate cake appeared in our room.

I would stay there again any time.

Room Tip: Didn't see any bad rooms. Elevator is a little slow, so maybe lower rooms might be better if th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wesley S

Dear Guest:
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Caesar Park Buenos Aires. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed here four nights with a tour group and found the service & amenities to be top notch! Staff is welcoming & accommodating. Hotel is lovely through & through... from the lobby to the rooms, which are well-appointed & large (including a very luxurious bathroom). Gym is well equipped (though only open 6AM-10PM and not until 9AM on the weekends!).

Breakfast buffet was a highlight...wide array of options & all were tasty (make sure to indulge in a dulce de leche pastry from the pastry table).

The location is central to lots of shops & sites to see. (As a side note, I would highly reco making reservations & walking to the Palace Hotel for afternoon tea.)

Would absolutely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Perfect. Can't think of anything that was lacking. Concierge was best I've ever seen. Whatever I needed they got...tickets , cars, etc. And all with a smile! A great value as well. Location fantastic. Walk to shopping...right across rhe street.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank WHITMAN42

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is one of the two properties I usually stay at when visiting Buenos Aires. I've always loved the location. It is great for walking evening the evenings. You are across the street from Patio Bulrich, an upscale mall with great food and shops. You are also 5-6 blocks away from the beautiful Recoleta. Don't forget to get a cafe con leche at La Biela when you visit.

Rooms are spacious, clean, and have nice amenities. You will always hear good traveler stories while sitting at the bar, enjoying a Malbec. Breakfast is very good with lots of choices.

This past visit I "lost" my cell phone in one of the 36,000 registered taxi cabs, don't forget to count the other 10,000 non registered! Everyone told me the phone was lost and I'd never see it again. I told the hotel concierge my story and she said she would help me. She spent her entire shift trying to identify which company my taxi worked for. Luckily I had a receipt since I need those for expense reports. The following morning I had to travel to the north part of the country and was scheduled to return on Friday. She left me a note at the check out counter with a list of companies contacted and her plans for the following day. I left for the north and that evening I received word that the hotel located my phone! This may sound like a small feat but it was not.

Ceaser Park will be my hotel of choice moving forward. I will continue to recommend this hotel to colleagues and friends. I know I can count on this staff to help if I ever am in need while in town. Thank you for such a great experience!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank farm2fork
Eduardo C, Director General at The Brick Hotel Buenos Aires - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Dear Guest:

We are committed to our guests and the quality of service we offer to them. We will always be supportive and focused to every detail.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed 2 nights on the way to Antarctica. Very well located near things to do and shopping. Friendly and efficient service. Breakfasts were good. Bathroom was very nice. There were even nice salts to use in the bathtub. The bed was very comfortable, and I had a partial view of the water and surrounding area. It's true that some things in the room and hotel are nearing needing updating and that the wifi is overpriced, but I'd stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank kirstenpix

Dear Guest:

Kindly let inform you that we are offering free Wifi internet access since March. We will be delighted if you can experience this free service in the near future.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel is located in Recoleta, an area of Buenos Aires which is lovely, and seemed very safe for folks, especially tourists, to wander around. The staff was wonderful and accommodating, especially the Concierge desk team. They gave us great tips on where to find the best Italian Gelato (at café Arkakao), tasty Empanadas, and the best Steak restaurants, and all were within easy walking distance from the hotel!
The lobby of the hotel is spacious and just beautiful. The rooms were a good size and well appointed. The bathroom was all marble and the toiletries were just great. Wi-Fi was included (no additional fee) and very appreciated.
The hotel’s location is across the street from an upscale indoor mall. You can use the ATMs there to obtain local currency, at a reasonable rate. There are many small sidewalk cafes and restaurants very near the hotel. Especially near are several steak houses and Italian restaurants (walk out the hotel’s front doors, turn right and walk approximately 500 yards). Breakfast was included in our package. It had everything we look for in a good buffet. Eggs, breakfast meats, pancakes and french toast, cereals, fresh fruits, juices, etc. The best part was the coffee. I enjoyed the café latte very much. The cappuccino was great, too. My only disappointment during our stay is that we bought stamps from the Concierge desk for our postcards and the concierge on duty told us she would post them for us, that day. It’s been 4-weeks and counting, so we don’t think those cards will surface. It may be that the postal service in Argentina is just slow but…
We really enjoyed our 3 night stay and will no doubt be back to this amazing city and great hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators to reduce noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingForFun_2

Dear Guest:

Regarding the stamps requested to our Concierge, they were informed by the postal service that it could take more than two months to complete the delivery. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.