Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
CasaSur Bellini Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$161
$169
$164
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Art Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$199
$161
  • Pool
Mine Hotel Boutique(Buenos Aires)
$128
$96
  • Breakfast included
Melia Recoleta Plaza(Buenos Aires)(Great Value!)
$220
$175
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Alvear Palace Hotel(Buenos Aires)
$364
$348
$535
$479
$440
Orbitz.com
1,414 results
All reviewscalle floridajunior suiteconcierge staffolder hotelclassic hotelsan martinexecutive floorold worldbusiness centershopping streetlate checkfew blockslobbybagympacificocabs
Reviewed May 4, 2013

The Marriott Plaza BA is a classy hotel in a great Retiro location at the end of the Florida shopping street. Some of the rooms can be a little dark and musty, not helped by sombre, heavy furnishings, but by and large, the worst you can say about this hotel is that it has some faded charm in parts (much like BA itself...) Certainly, the grand old building is historically and architecturally significant.
The staff have always been good to me on my multiple visits, so I am happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank dr_iggy
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We almost didn't stay here because of the many bad reviews that I read, but, since I love Marriott hotels, I decided to give it a change. To our surprise, it was much nicer than expected and a very pleasant stay. Maybe because we are gold members, we were given a nice corner room with a good view of the park that was clean and spacious for an int'l hotel. Yes. The hotel is very historic/old so some things are to be expected, but it was quite charming none the less. My expectations are different from U.S. to Int'l hotels even for Marriotts, so that helps not to be disappointed. As long as the room is clean, the water pressure is good, and there are no major issues, I'm fine. And believe me, I can be hard to please. The concierge lounge was a good experience and the food/snacks were good. The crossiants/cream cheese pastries were very very good! Service from housekeeping, front desk, concierge, etc. was very good and helpful. The location of the hotel is excellent! The gym was nice. We caught the bus from the airport to the hotel which was a bit of a challenge but we made it and it was very cost efficient, however, it did take over 1 1/2 hrs. on the public bus to get there and it was a long ride with a crowded bus from time to time. We didn't know how far the hotel was from the bus stop at Plaza DeMayo so we walked to the hotel which ended up being quite a walk in the hot sun with luggage and construction on the streets. That was indeed a challenge but there again, we saved alot of money and had something to laugh about once we arrived at the hotel. Walked approx. 2 miles but it was an easy/straight walk. We also took the public bus back to the airport but this time, we took the subway near the hotel to the bus stop which was at another location a little north of Plaza DeMayo on a Sunday morning. The subway ride was just fine but there were some panhandling children who we gave our remaining coins/money to. I forget the bus # but it was easy however there are two buses with similar #'s so if you choose this option, be sure to clarify the exact bus # or inquire with the non-english speaking driver (using gestures if you need to like I did) to ensure the right bus. Feel free to contact me for specific info. if you need more info. We ate at two restaurants and enjoyed both of them: LasNazarenas (the best grilled veggies I've ever had! and the rib eye steak was good but a little too fatty and the price was more expensive but the atmosphere was better here) and El Establo (very good rib eye steak and the price was more reasonable here but no grilled veggies available and the atmosphere was quaint but nice) steak houses. We walked all over downtown and surrounding areas with lots of sites. Oh, we walked to the beach which was indeed a long walk from the hotel through the nature forest trail which was very long as well, then we finally reached the water and to our disappointment, it was some of the murkiest water we've ever seen. not worth the long hike but it was still a fun adventure. We always look on the bright side of things and enjoy it all even when it's not what we hoped for. Felt safe overall and had a great time! Definitely would stay in this hotel again and visit this big nice city!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FayeCincinnati
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Our group of 30 stayed in the Marriott plaza hotel for 2 nights. Hotel had a classy old feeling to it. Rooms were large and beds were wonderful to sleep in except the shower kept on turning cold in the middle. Elevators need some maintenance also as one of them opened uneven to the floors.

Loved the location as it was walking distance to Florida street. You have to be careful walking the street though. Two guys were about to grab my neck from behind-- it was a good thing that my friend was walking behind me and he gave the 2 guys a dirty look and they scuttled away.

Appreciate that there was free wifi access in the lobby. Over-all a lovely stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JYTiu
Reviewed April 30, 2013

The location of this hotel is fantastic assuming you want to be in the middle of the tourist area of Buenos Aires. Located close to Calle Florida, you can easily walk to the main attractions surrounding the hotel...Recoleta, Eva Peron's tomb, Galleria Florida etc. Having said so, the rooms are very dark and hot water is hard to come by in the showers or bath. The service is what you would expect in America good but not fantastic. Rooms are comfortable; however, if possible ask for a room with a large window. Most travelers seem to be there on business or traveling from the US.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Desiree K
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for business April 2013. Location is good near attractions, business and government. The building itself is quite old (historic) and thus a bit quirky- as example to get to the elevators from the lobby one must go up or down one flight of stairs. Definitely not friendly to those with disabilities. The interior of the hotel was showing its age. Although I was upgraded to a very nice suite, the carpet and paint were in need of repair. I like the Marriott chain for its consistency and this one was not consistent. If returning to Buenos Aires I would stay at the nearby Sheraton (new USA-style skyscraper) or Hilton which is very nice and has a great location by the scenic river area with shops and dining.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business