“Post Cruise Hotel Stay”

Ranked #31 of 451 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
“Post Cruise Hotel Stay”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Just returned from a 1 night stay at this hotel having been on a cruise to Antarctica. The hotel suited this purpose and was clean, comfortable and allowed us a day to relax before our long flight back to London.

We had dinner in the hotel restaurant which was very good, great steaks and food choice cooked to a high standard. Breakfast was also included in our package which again was good so really nothing to complain about.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Guest Relations Supervsior at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences as a guest of our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities as well as the service provided by our restaurant. It is only through your valuable comments that we can remain informed of our guests’ feelings.
Thank you very much again for your feedback and and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Guest Relations Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Santiago, Chile
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I recently spent one week at this property and it was perfect! The location allows you to walk everywhere and/or take short comutes in taxi at night for an unexpensive fee.
We arrived early so left our things with the Concierge and went for a long lunch...upon return had a quick check in and were very well informed by the receptionist Mariano.
Breakfast was great! Ezekiel was the sweetest person and always had something nice to say...perfect to start your day :)
Our maid (cant remember her name unfortunately) was very thorough and had our room in mint condition...after theese long walks it was always pleasant to just jump into a fresh poofy bed and relax.
The gym had all you needed and the pool was great...only wished for a pool area with some sun, came back white as a ghost...haha!
We went to Caminito, La Boca (Bombonera), San Telmo, Centro, Puerto Madero, Recoletta (Floralis-big metal flower, Cemetary, Design Mall + Patio Bullrich *Tiffany´s*) and Retiro (Florida Ave. for shopping + Plaza General San Martin)...sad to say we didn't have time to see the Zoo or the Botanical Garden **I'm also told the japanese garden is amazing**...
OH! take the tour in ''Teatro Colon'', historic and magical!
For our 2 year anniversary dinner we went to ''La Cabrera'' in Palermo----AMAZING! Be sure to reserve a table...it is one of the best and if you dont have a table...ups...we saw people wait for 2 hours!!
''Cafe Tortoni'' is a must, only a 5 minute walk from the hotel...great coffee break and remember to reserve your seat for the outstanding show at night, totally worth it and compared to other shows in town...not expensive at all. Very up close and entertaining...
I would also recomend ''Siga La Vaca'' in Puerto Madero, its an all you can eat meat fest and buffet...includes the wine, mineral water and dessert of choice...it was an excellent choice for our last night!
For a day tour out side of Buenos Aires...to change it up a bit, our Concierge Ruben made an outstanding recomendation...''Tigre''.
He made all the arrangements and selected one of the best tours, our guide was the sweetest little lady ...*Lucy* ...she was great! The tour was an experience that we will never forget and opened our eyes regarding the lifestyle on ''El Delta''....super markets on boats....WHAT!???
"Puerto de frutos" is a huuuuuge market...must see...must shop! You can find all kinds of gifts to take home...ate fresh fruit and got a beautiful dress there :) also visited "Villa Ocampo", a historic family mansion built in 1891 belonging to the elite Ocampo Family, great history and lunch there was simply exquisite.
Back in Buenos Aires...remember to eat pizza, ojo de biffe (rib eye meat), milanessa (breaded fried meat-yum!), ice-cream and pasta!!!! For beverages ''Quilmes'' or ''Patagonia'' beer is refreshing...and for those long walks...COFFEE!!!!
All in all our stay at the Intercontinental Buenos Aires was perfect! The distance from the location to other areas made everything fast and easy, not dangerous at all...only at night time I would recomend to get around in taxis. The Doorman was very quick to assist in that matter...always alert and with a big smile.
The staff was simply remarkable! Congratulations to all and a warm "see you soon!" to Ruben.
I will return next year too see everything we missed ;) ...and baring gifts!
Hugs to all!!!

Room Tip: 1317 was quiet and had a great view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Guest Relations at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank so much for having taken the time to share your excellent experiences as a guest of our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and comfort as well as the service and assistance provided by our staff. These are very valuable comments which let us remain informed of our guests’ feelings.
Once again, thank you very much for your kind words and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon. There are always more places to visit in Buenos Aires!

Munich, Germany
Reviewed February 10, 2013

we stayed 3 nights on award points. accomodation in deluxe standard room was sufficient. The staff is very friendly and helpful. business center is available to everybody with free Internet access at no fees. Also very helpful and friendly statt there. Tried the medit. restaurant and were also convinced about politness of the waiters, the maitre d' and the good quality of the food offered. Booked the Hotel Transfer for our return to BUE International. Big clean car with nice Driver. Overall a good experience. We will return on our next trip to Argentina. Hotel could improve on the amenities for status guests.

Room Tip: ask for a room away from the elevators as you will hear the loud winds plus the noise from the ice m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Gust Relations Supervisor at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share your experiences as a guest of our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and comfort as well as the service and assistance provided by our staff. It is only through your valuable comments that we can remain informed of our guests’ feelings.
Once again, thank you very much for your comments and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 10, 2013

The building is the usual standard for an Intercontinental, but the staff were very variable. Some were helpful, whilst others were very abrupt and made it clear that they would rather not serve us.
The breakfast buffet was good, except the staff insisted on the covers of the hot food being left off, even when we closed them to keep the food warm. The Business Centre staff very very pleasant and helpful (assisting us to check in for our flights home). The health centre staff very very helpful - a lovely pool, free to use, and a garden for sitting and drying off.
The terrace restaurant were attentive to start with, and the food was good, but they lost interest in us when apparent friends arrived - we had to ask to be served our wine, which was far away, and were not offered coffee.
The lounge staff were unable to cope with the number of guests on cruise change over day - management knew there would be a lot of people and should have been prepared - staff just blamed the customers!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
InterContinentalBsAs, Guest Relations Supervisor at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I was really disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with the quality of service in some areas of our hotel and would like to apologize for any inconveniences.

Please be informed that this unfortunate incident is definitely not the norm at the InterContinental Buenos Aires. Also, rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve.
Please again accept my most sincere apologies. I hope you give us another opportunity to welcome you back at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in the near future.

Haslingden
Reviewed February 8, 2013

In polite reception staff, told originally room would be ready between 12 and 2. Finally got key at 4pm! Even though we knew room was ready before 3pm because a member of staff showed us the room with our luggage in it. All reception staff would say 4pm 4pm. Even though other guests were arriving and being given their keys!!!!

Long wait for food and drinks when ordered, although good when finally received.

Room Tip: On the back of the hotel
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I was really disappointed to learn that you had to wait for food and drinks and would like to apologize for any inconveniences.
Our check in time is at 4.00pm although we always try to get the room ready as soon as possible, but it depends of the occupancy.
I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in the near future.

Guest Relations Supervisor.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've stayed here for 16 days January 12-28th and 16 days at at time for the last 4 years. Of all my stays, this one would have been my best except that the air conditioning in two of my rooms wasn't working or wasn't working properly. I had it all the way down to 15C and HIGH, it should have been frosty in there but it wasn't. It was just...warm. The technician showed me the temperature after looking at it, but again, with the gauge set to 15C and HIGH, I should have been shivering, instead at night I was sweating.

I complained and the staff responded quickly and sent a technician. It was fine, then back to no coolness. They moved me immediately to another room.

After a day same thing. The technician came, repaired it. But still it wasn't working. The staff eventually explained that there must be something with the central air conditioning, not my room. They were prepared to move me again if I wished but I figured it would just be an added inconvenience if this was a problem with the entire building.

Given that it was summer, my sleep was not ideal.

But the staff attitude and helpfullness made up for it. Everyone was very friendly, helpful, responsive. Breakfast was great. If I asked staff for something specific, they always provided it.

So if the hotel can get its air con up to where it should be, this will be an ideal spot and would get all EXCELLENTS from me.

One additional point, ironically, the sauna temperature in the gym area was often not set right, sometimes 80C or below when it should be ideally 85C-95C. I had to ask staff to re-set it which they did. If you can get that consistent, it would be ideal. A few times it wasn't where it should be and that wasn't pleasant for me. But again, staff were very helpful, so when I asked they adjusted.

Overall, I'd say this was a great value, rooms were clean, staff was very responsive, the area was quiet and conveniently located to what I wanted to do.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
InterContinentalBsAs, Director de Recepción at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I was really disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with our quality of service regarding the air conditioning, and would like to apologize for any inconveniences.

However, I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our facilities as well as the service provided by our staff. I have already shared your comments with them.

I will be more than glad to assist you when your travel plans bring you back to Buenos Aires. Kindly contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Celina Vesprini
Front Office Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stayed here before and after our cruise. As Priority Club Ambassador members we were upgraded to a junior suite - one of the nicest hotel rooms I have stayed in with its beautiful polished wood floor - and given all sorts of benefits which were really useful. The club lounge is wonderful, the staff everywhere were most helpful and overall this was a true InterContinental experience. The area is not bad at all, I can't agree with some of the reviewers here. Wherever you are in the city you can be robbed if you're not careful. Any you are very close to the Microcentro, Puerto Madero, Recoleta - in fact close to everything.

Room Tip: Junior suites are wonderful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Robin W
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service. It's something our staff takes great pride in, so we value your feedback. We will be sure to pass your kind words along to our Club Lounge staff. Thanks again for staying with us. As a Priority Club Ambassador member, we truly appreciate it.
We hope to see you again soon!

Celina Vesprini