“great hotel! excellent staff!”

InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires
Ranked #32 of 443 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I stayed at the hotel for a conference, At check in a bit trouble, once many attendees arrived together. even though the staff were nice and accommodate us really fast. At check in, pleasant surprise to be upgraded to club executive floor. The view was great, and the room with a lot of space! Room service was quick and efficient! A lot of amenities in the room, considering travel regulations that touch was really nice - I usually travel with hand luggage so no need to go to the nearest store to get.
Breakfast was great! Once there were many of us in the group, it was served in two locations, so I've never need to wait.
The hotel is near cafe Tortoni and Tango. So it was easy to go there. Also a lot of taxi in town. We could walk to calle Florida and Puerto Madera, but the streets were not that nice, therefore taxi was a better option for transfer.

Room Tip: stay at club executive. top floors, great views!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Ferrazalves
InterContinentalBsAs, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for selecting Hotel InterContinental Buenos Aires during your recent visit to our city.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for having taken the time to share with us your experiences as a guest of our Hotel. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed our facilities and comfort as well as the service and assistance provided by our staff. It is only through your valuable comments that we can remain informed of our guests’ feelings.
Once again, thank you very much for your feedback and and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires

Reviewed September 20, 2011

This is my trip stay at the Intercontinental Buenos Aires and I continue to enjoy each visit. The staff are attentive and insightful. When making change at the front desk, the clerk was careful to advise me to use small bills with taxis - something I knew from experience but her unsolicited advice was a nice touch. SImilarly, the doorman carefully negotiated my taxi fare for me back to EZE. I like the convenience of walking to the Morena subte station and also to San Telmo on Sundays. It doesn't bother me that it's not in a busy Recoleta neighborhood - I like the quiet and the pretty view of the church courtyard adjacent to the building. Breakfast is always great.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank LBOskiBear

Reviewed September 10, 2011

Spent the weekend in Buenos Aires with friends from work. I typically don't stay in chain hotels but had points so we chose the Intercontinental.

The hotel is beautiful and the service was excellent. We asked for early check-in and as platinum members we received our rooms when we arrived around 10 a.m. the staff at the front desk were attentive.

We stayed on the 12th floor with a view over this very dense city. Our room was well furnished, clean and comfortable. The beds were incredible and I slept the best here than I have in weeks!

We took advantage of the concierge at all hours of the day, having done relatively little planning before we arrived. He was alwasy very informative and helpful, making reservations for us, including restaurants, tango shows and transportation back to the airport.

The hotel is on a side street in the downtown/business center of the city. It is within easy walking distance of Florida Street the Colon theater and some other attractions. That said, if I returned to BA, I would stay in Palermo or Recoleta, which had a more residential and boutique feel to the neighborhood. Fortunately, cabs in BA are incredibly inexpensive so we were able to get from one end of town to the other in no time.

All-in-all, this is a standard high quality hotel with excellent service in a good location downtown. I would stay at an Intercontinental again, but if traveling to Buenos Aires for pleasure I would recommend a different neighborhood.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank ATLGL
InterContinentalBsAs, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2011

Dear Guest,
I will be more than glad to assist you when your travel plans bring you back to Buenos Aires. Kindly contact me if I can be of any assistance.
I look forward to welcoming you back at the InterContinental Buenos Aires in the near future.

Reviewed September 5, 2011

Located down a busy street very close to one of the main Avenues for shopping,it is walking distance to street cafes open till the early hours and places to watch or to dance Tango and the famous Ave Florida known for its fine shopping................................................
Argentina has had times of political unrest and its economy fluctuates from good to bad,generally speaking residents of Buenos Aires are charming and offer a warm welcome to tourists.especially if you attempt the simple Spanish words and try to fit in.......

Taxis are plentiful and usually very safe there is also a unique service called a Remisse this is governed or private taxis and can be booked easily its adds a degree of safety to what some people consider a dangerous city.There is plenty to see and do and the architecture speaks of its European associations and could be Madrid or even Paris.People everywhere dress smartly and particularly in some of the special fashion malls close to the downtown area.Most times after lunch relaxation time is drinking coffee and enjoying pastries with a friend.The exchange rate is now four Pesos to one Dollar and the buck goes a long way..........................................

The hotel is close to all of this and infact on a bad day you do not have to leave the hotel at all,coffee shops with sports TV ,cocktails in the lobby and possibly a Tango display.A fine wine shop in the lobby seeks your patronage selling regional wines at bargain prices.
A traditional Argentine steak bar is also located on the lobby level,the rooms range from small and adequate to newly refurbished or simple traditional,there is something to suit all tastes There is a Club Intercontinental floor that serves breakfast,afternoon tea and sandwiches,including champagnes and regional wines at cocktail time,usually around 5.30pm till late.Everywhere well dressed and polite staff are in attendance to make sure your stay is safe and enjoyable with a strong security presence.

Prices are reasonable for such a fine hotel,the location is very good and taxi's play a major role in moving about,the city is broken into various areas and the concierge are always willing to advise on city travel and places you must see.My personal view is that there are almost as many statues marble fountains and fabulous buildings to see than in any major European city................ the cost is ridiculously low,bargains in leather coats and shoes are a must to search for.Overall the hotel is clean and safe,offers excellent service at bargain prices.As an indication I always stay there and have done for the last 15 years,why change a good thing?

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank talentpicker
InterContinentalBsAs, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Buenos Aires, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2011

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I stayed at Intercontinental Hotel from 16 to 18Aug2011. Hotel is very big and felt a little bit a personal touch. Concierge was efficient as well reception desk but nothing more than that. I could say bellboys were more empathic than the rest of hotel crew. I have stayed in other hotels in Buenos Aires and did not appreciate hotel location (Montserrat) altthough it was quite convenient to reach Cafe Tortoni (3 blocks). My room 1320 was a little bit smelly (tobacco/smoke and mold smell). I am allergic and suffered with this smell.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences at InterContinental Buenos Aires. Your opinion is very important to us, as it helps us identify areas in need of improvement. I was really disappointed to learn that you were unsatisfied with our quality of service and would like to apologize for any inconveniences.

Please be informed that this unfortunate incident is definitely not the norm at the InterContinental Buenos Aires. Also, rest assured that your comments will be addressed and passed on to the responsible Department Heads, since all our efforts are commanded to provide our clients with the best service you deserve. We will be organizing several meetings with the staff involved to reinforce InterContinental Quality Standards.

Again, please accept my most sincere apologies. I hope you give us another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs.

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed at Intercontinental for three days and I was upgraded to the Club floor as Platinum member of IHC. The location of the hotel is great as you are 10-minute walk to Plaza de Mayo. Comfort of the room was excellent as well as the room service. I also appreciated the quietness of th room and the value for money of the rate (much less than you have to pay in Europe).

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and and we do look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 25, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The rooms are so spacious and comfortable. The bed is so soft and comfy. The room and bathroom were very clean and modern. The shower was so nice and everything in the bathroom was marble. The lobby is so beautiful with a pianist playing in the evening. There is a wine cellar in the lobby area where you can buy your argentinian wines to take home. The buffet breakfast was delicious and very reasonably priced. It is a great location and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business