“Best Understated Reasonable High Quality Hotel”
Review of Kenton Palace

Kenton Palace
Ranked #95 of 445 Hotels in Buenos Aires
Georgetown, Texas
“Best Understated Reasonable High Quality Hotel”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The lobby is on two floors, the seating area is below. The check in area, which is designed so people don't stand around and block the elevators is minimalistic, but elegant. The staff is amazing! The staff is the best thing about this hotel. The simple breakfast is high quality, fresh and good. Fruit, cereal, ham, cheese, toast, pastries, yogurt and tea, coffee, hot chocolate , milk and fresh orange juice. The rooms beat ALL 4 and most 5 star properties I have stayed at. The neighborhood is safe, but very urban. Don't let the Artwork scare you! I walked alone at night and I am female, but I am also 6'4 and 220lbs! The amazing staff found us a babysitter twice, so my husband and I could go out without the kids. They remember the kids names and make you feel welcomed. This experienced reminded me of my Celebrity Cruise experience. Kitchen staff, Lobby staff and house keeping all supreme. I booked this hotel 4 times now and will again. Also great French place for French fries three and a half blocks to the right and great waffle place WaffleSur less than 2 miles away too. Sundays are loud, but fun! Taxis easily flagged down on the corner. Internet works great too.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Brasilia, DF
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The first thing I liked about the hotel was the room size and the availability of a quad room with two large and comfortable beds. Ok, this is very easy to be found in the USA but less so in Argentina! It was ideal for me and my two children! The cost-benefit ratio was excellent. The rooms are very spacious and very stylish. The location is in the city center with just few steps from metro Plaza de Mayo and near of several tourist attractions such as Puerto Madero and San Telmo. The breakfast is good but not excellent. The front desk staff was very helpful and responded very well to all of our requests. The only thing they could improve is the shower glass: it's beautiful but the water wets entire bathroom while showering. I recommend!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Sao Paulo
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Nice hotel. Pleasant freindly staff. Not too flashy but very very clean and modern. Plasma TV, good bathroom and room safe.
Relatively good continental breakfast buffet (for BA where breakfast is usually not that good)
Convenient area down a side street (Defensa) which is turned into a market on Sundays
Can walk to the Casa Rosada (1/2 mile) for photos and Puerto Madero (1 mile) for restaurants
Good location for the Bohemian restaurants and bars further along Defensa in San Telmo.
Defensa can seen very dark at night. Safe during the day but late at night taxi's maybe be better (or maybe not). I have been ripped off/conned many times in BA, but always in taxis, never in bars, restaurants or in the street. The fake banknote trick is very common and telling the difference as a foreigner is almost impossible.
We walked back many times from Sal Telmo late at night and Defensa was always full of people so we felt relatively safe. In BA the people eat at midnight. But best to remember BA is still a big city with lots of street crime.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Breakfast is poor. Staff is not to helpful. Accommodation, rooms are very nice although showers do not work very well and do not have much water pressure. Location is somewhat average since it is in a dark area of the city where you have to watch out.

• Stayed April 2013
New York City, New York
Reviewed April 11, 2013

We stayed just one night in this hotel and I wished we had stayed longer. On arrival we were upgraded from a Junior Suite to one of the Suites on the top floors. The room was very big, new a bit simple in decoration (for a Suite) it had a big walking wardrobe with bath tub and sink and a separate toilette and rain shower room.

We were shown to the room and our suitcases were nicely placed in the walking wardrobe. As far as I remember I did not noticed a turndown service.

The staff were very helpful, they explained everything to us, they booked us taxis and the restaurant for dinner. They also picked up our taxi to go to the airport and made sure we got a fair price.
They have a spa which I strongly recommend to end up the day of sightseeing and get freshen up to start the evening. The use of swimming pool, jaccuzzy, sauna and steam room is for free. The one hour massage was 270 pesos, we did not try that, I thougth it was expensive.

The location is fantastic, on the San Telmo area and close to the center, excellent for sightseeing but also to have dinner at night. A few areas around were a bit dodgy with people collecting things from the bins and we were advised by the taxi driver to not to wonder around at night, but the street were the hotel is was good.

I was not impressed with the breakfast, they should do something with the coffee. But breakfast is not an important point for me.

Totally recommended.

Room Tip: The higher the better. We had the view of an office and on the corner a church, the ones on the corn...
Sydney
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Rather convenient for it is within walking distance to Plaza de Mayo, 35 minutes to the famous "Welcome to de Boca" mural.

Breakfasts were very basic and dinner was disappointing. Fruits provided in the morning were very poor quality, some even bruised and rotten!

Our room was spacious and comfortable. Security was very good for one need a room card to get the lift moving.

Room Tip: Front section may be quieter then the back which has an air vent shute which can be noisy
UK
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a new hotel, built I think in 2012. It's stylish with good facilities although this is not immediately obvious when looking from the outside. My wife and I stayed there for three nights and were lucky to receive an upgrade to a suite, which was great as it gave us a lot of space. One gripe, common to a lot of hotels, despite the space, there was nowhere to keep suitcases for easy access to the contents - not everybody unpacks - and we had to keep them on the floor.
Breakfast was ok. Service was excellent and the staff were very helpful.
The location is perfect, in the heart of San Telmo, near the Plaza de Mayo and very close to a host of good restaurants.