“AMAZING”

and up
Become a Polo Player: Day Trip to Puesto Viejo Estancia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ***BEST VALUE: Puesto Viejo Polo Day is the complete Argentine experience! ANYONE is welcome to give POLO a shot, from inexperienced riders to those who want to work on becoming a pro! We are located just outside of Buenos Aires in the beautiful Argentine countryside (45 minutes). PRIVATE PICK UP AND DROP OFF FROM AND TO YOUR HOTEL IS INCLUDED. Our professional polo instructor is great with ALL ability levels and speaks English and Spanish. This opportunity allows visitors to learn about and experience a great sport, as well as enjoy a traditional 3-course lunch with a complimenting Argentine Malbec wine. During our polo season,* you may have the chance to watch a polo match on one of the six polo fields and play in a mini match yourself! Bring your swimsuit and go for a swim in our gorgeous infinity pool to cool off after your polo day, or even walk or bike around the property to see phenomenal scenery and wildlife, like otters, burrowing owls, chimangos, etc. Puesto Viejo Polo Days run ALL year long. We can arrange GROUP or INDIVIDUAL polo days, including CORPORATE events around our all inclusive Argentine experience! We have 240 acres. We are KID/FAMILY/PET friendly and have WIFI, a BAR and LOUNGE in our hotel! *The Argentine polo season runs from September-May.
London, United Kingdom
“AMAZING”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Puesto Viejo is amazing! The venue, the people, the ponies were all exceptional - especially our awesome polo instructor Gaston! PV Polo Days provided for everyone, for those who have never ridden before, to those who were repeat customers!! The atmosphere is very friendly, with the opportunity to watch more fast pace polo provided. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend Gaston and Puesto Viejo to anyone. As far as Argentine experiences go - this was my favourite!

Visited November 2012
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
It is truly wonderful to hear that we were your favourite Argentine experience! Thank you for an incredible review! We hope to see you again soon! Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

Buenos Aires, Distrito Federal, Argentina
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Do it!”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I love this place! This was such a great experience! I'm coming back as soon as I'm back in Argentina!

I was already a guest at the hotel when I decided to do this. When the other PV Polo Day guests arrived we were served tea, coffee and mate together with some delicious cake while being introduced to Gaston (the instructor) and the place. The beginners were taught how to swing the mallet and move in the saddle before we got on the horses. Gaston is a great teacher and the horses they use are amazing, very well trained and extremely patient. Gaston would correct my mistakes and I could feel the improvement after only a few minutes. The beginners learned very fast and they could pretty soon do a full swing! After our first lesson we were served a delicious lunch! After lunch we went to watch Gaston and his team play the semi final in the Farewell Tournament, which they won! It was amazing how fast they played and how well they hit the ball! Throughout the game people around us would explain the game, the faults, the rules etc. and they were so friendly and chatty.
After watching the game we got back on the horses again. Before we played our own mini match we did some 'stick and ball' and practiced some tactics and went through the main rules. We played boys against girls. It was so much fun! Obviously the girls won 5-4! Several times during the day we were laughing so much we would almost fall off the horses and for sure miss the ball!

I cannot recommend this highly enough. If you're in Argentina you have to try polo. It doesn't matter if you can ride or not, if you've ever sat on a horse, or if you've never tried polo before. Gaston can teach you everything! It's a beautiful place where polo is played at a high level. The people working there are so friendly and helpful and the food is impeccable! I would recommend everyone to stay at the hotel, as I did. It's lovely and so worth it!

Jus do it!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Julie B
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for such a great review! We can't wait to see you again! Please come again soon, and thank you again for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!
Bath, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Absolutely fantastic..would recommend it to anyone”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a memorable and thrilling time when I visited Puesto Viejo for a polo day. Having needed no encouragement to try polo for the first time, I was pleasently surprised when I was introduced to my patient and willing pony and my equally patient coach!
My coach, who was a pro, spent a great deal of time with each individual, endlessly trying to perfect their swing. Not only this, we had two people in our group who had never ridden before and our coach dedicated his time to building up their confidence on the horse. Once we had spent some time stick and balling, at walk, trot and canter, it was time for a mini match.
I thoroughly enjoyed trying to put into practice all we had learnt, with the rules of the sport explained to us.
After this, and having said goodbye and a big thank you to the horse, we went to the idyllic hotel for a traditional asado. It was served by charming waitresses and had a big family feel with our coach coming to eat with us, as well as an assortment of hotel guests. The food was to die for.
Once lunch finished, we were treated to a polo match and it was a great thrill to understand more of the sport. Thank you very much PV! I hope to return soon.

1 Thank I28
Thank you for your wonderful review, and we hope to see you soon, too! Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!
York, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The perfect way to experience polo”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

An introduction to polo couldn't be better than this, which includes door to door delivery from Teatro Colon in central Buenos Aires to Puesto Viejo, an estancia near Canuelas. You get to practise your swing with a professional coach, ride the polo ponies and even compete in a mini tournament. A great day out and rounded off with a traditional asado. A true Argentina experience close to the city.

1 Thank Mary S
Thank you for an incredible review! We hope you will come visit us again soon!
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“fantastic place to learn or improve polo”
Reviewed April 10, 2013

The polo day was a brilliant experience, with excellent horses, atmosphere and tuition. Transport from BA and a delicious asado lunch are included making it a cost effective way to get out of the city and experience life on an estancia - you'd struggle to get the same amount of polo for the same price in the UK.
Gaston is a patient and enthusiastic instructor who can expertly coach someone who wants to improve their polo at the same time as a complete beginner. He taught me years ago and I specifically came here because he's such a great person to play polo with.
One of the best things about the day is that you get to watch the pros play matches at the club and experience the beautiful hotel and impressive clubhouse. I'd definitely recommend the day to anyone who wants to see just why the Argentines love their polo so much and next time I'll stay longer than just the day!

1 Thank lwootton
Thank you for such a nice review! We will hold you to that promise! ;) Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club! We hope to see you again soon!