“Absolutely fantastic..would recommend it to anyone”

Puesto Viejo Polo Day
Book In Advance
More Info
$170.00*
and up
Become a Polo Player: Day Trip to Puesto Viejo Estancia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ***BEST VALUE: Puesto Viejo Polo Day is the complete Argentine experience! ANYONE is welcome to give POLO a shot, from inexperienced riders to those who want to work on becoming a pro! We are located just outside of Buenos Aires in the beautiful Argentine countryside (45 minutes). PRIVATE PICK UP AND DROP OFF FROM AND TO YOUR HOTEL IS INCLUDED. Our professional polo instructor is great with ALL ability levels and speaks English and Spanish. This opportunity allows visitors to learn about and experience a great sport, as well as enjoy a traditional 3-course lunch with a complimenting Argentine Malbec wine. During our polo season,* you may have the chance to watch a polo match on one of the six polo fields and play in a mini match yourself! Bring your swimsuit and go for a swim in our gorgeous infinity pool to cool off after your polo day, or even walk or bike around the property to see phenomenal scenery and wildlife, like otters, burrowing owls, chimangos, etc. Puesto Viejo Polo Days run ALL year long. We can arrange GROUP or INDIVIDUAL polo days, including CORPORATE events around our all inclusive Argentine experience! We have 240 acres. We are KID/FAMILY/PET friendly and have WIFI, a BAR and LOUNGE in our hotel! *The Argentine polo season runs from September-May.
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a memorable and thrilling time when I visited Puesto Viejo for a polo day. Having needed no encouragement to try polo for the first time, I was pleasently surprised when I was introduced to my patient and willing pony and my equally patient coach!
My coach, who was a pro, spent a great deal of time with each individual, endlessly trying to perfect their swing. Not only this, we had two people in our group who had never ridden before and our coach dedicated his time to building up their confidence on the horse. Once we had spent some time stick and balling, at walk, trot and canter, it was time for a mini match.
I thoroughly enjoyed trying to put into practice all we had learnt, with the rules of the sport explained to us.
After this, and having said goodbye and a big thank you to the horse, we went to the idyllic hotel for a traditional asado. It was served by charming waitresses and had a big family feel with our coach coming to eat with us, as well as an assortment of hotel guests. The food was to die for.
Once lunch finished, we were treated to a polo match and it was a great thrill to understand more of the sport. Thank you very much PV! I hope to return soon.

1  Thank I28
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review, and we hope to see you soon, too! Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

An introduction to polo couldn't be better than this, which includes door to door delivery from Teatro Colon in central Buenos Aires to Puesto Viejo, an estancia near Canuelas. You get to practise your swing with a professional coach, ride the polo ponies and even compete in a mini tournament. A great day out and rounded off with a traditional asado. A true Argentina experience close to the city.

1  Thank Mary S

Thank you for an incredible review! We hope you will come visit us again soon!

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The polo day was a brilliant experience, with excellent horses, atmosphere and tuition. Transport from BA and a delicious asado lunch are included making it a cost effective way to get out of the city and experience life on an estancia - you'd struggle to get the same amount of polo for the same price in the UK.
Gaston is a patient and enthusiastic instructor who can expertly coach someone who wants to improve their polo at the same time as a complete beginner. He taught me years ago and I specifically came here because he's such a great person to play polo with.
One of the best things about the day is that you get to watch the pros play matches at the club and experience the beautiful hotel and impressive clubhouse. I'd definitely recommend the day to anyone who wants to see just why the Argentines love their polo so much and next time I'll stay longer than just the day!

1  Thank lwootton

Thank you for such a nice review! We will hold you to that promise! ;) Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was convinced by better educated friends to finish off my long stay in Argentina with an introduction to Polo, and came across this estancia within perfect distance from the airport and BA .This is not an easy sport to learn,but the relaxed atmosphere,where day guest mix easily with professionals and club members,make for a cool experience- highlighted by long social asado dinners where our group had the pleasure of being joined by the host and hostess.I left for the airport with a feeling of having touched a very essential part of Argentinian country living and as such, this was a memorable end to a brilliant trip to the country.In terms of the game itself- and probably thanks to very professional and patient trainers- they do give you a decent introduction and you're actually on a polo pony.Not bad !!

1  Thank lennart b

Thank you for the great review and compliments! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time here! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

We spent all together 3 magical weeks in Argentina and both my boyfriend and I agree that our stay at Puesto Viejo was undoubtedly the highlight of our wonderful stay in this country. Neither my boyfriend now I had experience in playing polo but we always thought the sport fascinating. It already started with our pick-up service in Buenos Aires, our driver was fabulously entertaining. In the morning we then had our first introductory polo lesson followed by a mini game and then a game of the pros of the club. The traditional assado that followed was mouthwateringly delicous!! Even though we were already fit to burst, we didnt want to decline the afternoon tea that followed as it was too good... All in all, the poloday at puesto viejo is the perfect day trip for anyone whose looking for an adventurous and authentic Argentinean experience in outstanding surroundings!

It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time here and think so highly of us! Thank you for such a wonderful review! We hope you will come visit us again soon! Thank you again, and thank you for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!