“One of the best things I've done!”

Puesto Viejo Polo Day
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ***BEST VALUE: Puesto Viejo Polo Day is the complete Argentine experience! ANYONE is welcome to give POLO a shot, from inexperienced riders to those who want to work on becoming a pro! We are located just outside of Buenos Aires in the beautiful Argentine countryside (45 minutes). PRIVATE PICK UP AND DROP OFF FROM AND TO YOUR HOTEL IS INCLUDED. Our professional polo instructor is great with ALL ability levels and speaks English and Spanish. This opportunity allows visitors to learn about and experience a great sport, as well as enjoy a traditional 3-course lunch with a complimenting Argentine Malbec wine. During our polo season,* you may have the chance to watch a polo match on one of the six polo fields and play in a mini match yourself! Bring your swimsuit and go for a swim in our gorgeous infinity pool to cool off after your polo day, or even walk or bike around the property to see phenomenal scenery and wildlife, like otters, burrowing owls, chimangos, etc. Puesto Viejo Polo Days run ALL year long. We can arrange GROUP or INDIVIDUAL polo days, including CORPORATE events around our all inclusive Argentine experience! We have 240 acres. We are KID/FAMILY/PET friendly and have WIFI, a BAR and LOUNGE in our hotel! *The Argentine polo season runs from September-May.
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had such a great time with Gaston (polo instructor) the staff and other Guests that I decided to stay longer at Puesto Viejo! Gaston picked me up from the city promptly and by the time I had arrived at Puesto Viejo it felt like I had known him for years. We then had morning tea and then a polo lesson, followed by a lovely asado(barbecue) lunch. Free time in between polo lessons was spent at the infinity pool overlooking the polo grounds. The highlight of the day was the little mini match in the afternoon where I couldn't keep the smile off my face! Everyone seemed to have a fantastic time from total beginner to more experienced riders. I would thoroughly recommend Puesto Viejo Polo Days to anyone!

Thankyou to Gaston and all the staff for such a great time!

puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2014

Thank you for your review and for coming out to see us! We enjoyed your company and hope you'll be back again soon! Thank you again for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!

All reviews
"amazing experience"
in 9 reviews
"well trained horses"
in 3 reviews
"picked up from our hotel"
"different levels"
"learn how"
in 4 reviews
"empanadas"

Reviewed December 19, 2012

I have been to Argentina a number of times to play polo but my visit to the Puesto Viejo Estancia was just the best. They were so welcoming and I felt like I was at home right away.

I was taught by Gaston who was incredible. He was a great teacher and really explained things well to me. He has infinite amount of patience and a great way of getting you to play so much better in a short space of time. I really enjoyed the chukkas with the other guests, Gaston and some other professionals. They were great fun and I really felt that my polo improved immensely!

I would recommend Puesto Viejo Estancia to anyone from beginner up to playing higher level polo. For a fun, exciting and thoroughly enjoyable polo experience there is no where i would rather be!
Hope to see you next year, it cant come quick enough!
K x

Thank you for coming out and seeing us! We enjoyed having you and hope you will come visit us again soon! Thank you for an incredible review as well! Thanks again!

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Puesto Viejo is an incredible Polo facility with incredible service. Having zero Polo experience (or horse riding knowledge), Gaston (our instructor) was a great coach and ambassador of the game/community! By the end of the day, we were all scrimmaging against each other.

Overall, this was an exceptional experience and great chance to try a unique game. Additionally, the food & wine was fantastic, the infinity pool over looking the Polo grounds was amazing, and the service was A+.

-Cooper

Thank you such an incredible review! We hope you will come visit us again soon! Thanks again!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The polo at Puesto was absolutely fantastic! From the moment I arrived I felt instantly welcome and at ease. Gaston is a fantastic instructor, extremely patient and knowledgeable and nothing is too much trouble. The variety and standard of the polo ponies was second to none and the organisation of the polo timetable was fantastic. I will definitely be going back! Thank you Gaston and all at Puesto Viejo who made my polo experience so memorable!

Thank you for an excellent review! We are glad to hear that your experience is a cherished memory! We hope you will come visit us again soon! Thank you again for choosing Puesto Viejo Estancia & Polo Club!