“More joy at PV”

and up
Become a Polo Player: Day Trip to Puesto Viejo Estancia
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: ***BEST VALUE: Puesto Viejo Polo Day is the complete Argentine experience! ANYONE is welcome to give POLO a shot, from inexperienced riders to those who want to work on becoming a pro! We are located just outside of Buenos Aires in the beautiful Argentine countryside (45 minutes). PRIVATE PICK UP AND DROP OFF FROM AND TO YOUR HOTEL IS INCLUDED. Our professional polo instructor is great with ALL ability levels and speaks English and Spanish. This opportunity allows visitors to learn about and experience a great sport, as well as enjoy a traditional 3-course lunch with a complimenting Argentine Malbec wine. During our polo season,* you may have the chance to watch a polo match on one of the six polo fields and play in a mini match yourself! Bring your swimsuit and go for a swim in our gorgeous infinity pool to cool off after your polo day, or even walk or bike around the property to see phenomenal scenery and wildlife, like otters, burrowing owls, chimangos, etc. Puesto Viejo Polo Days run ALL year long. We can arrange GROUP or INDIVIDUAL polo days, including CORPORATE events around our all inclusive Argentine experience! We have 240 acres. We are KID/FAMILY/PET friendly and have WIFI, a BAR and LOUNGE in our hotel! *The Argentine polo season runs from September-May.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“More joy at PV”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Went back to PV for our, oh I don't remember 12th maybe,time! Had a blast as always. This time however we really enjoyed some major improvements that the owners have made to the hotel ..... it really is better than ever. Cannot wait to come back again .... keep up th good work PV.

Visited October 2012
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this review, September 12, 2014
We always enjoy having you! Thank you for a magnificent review! Come see us again soon! ;)

Buenos Aires, Argentina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Real Deal”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

As an American living in Buenos Aires, I was a bit weary to take my sister, who was visiting from the US, to what I thought would be at least somewhat of a tourist trap. Boy I could not have been more wrong! As polo and riding novices, Gaston was incredibly patient with us and really made the lesson fun. If you're looking for a great day trip from Buenos Aires, friendly, knowledgable people, lovely grounds and an authentic polo experience, then look no further than Puesto Viejo. I'll surely be coming back with all my future visitors as it is truly a unique and wonderful experience.

Visited October 2012
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear Leslie. Thank you for the vote of confidence. We really do try to make each Polo Day experience a memorable one. We loved having you and your sister spend the day with us! We look forward to welcoming you and your visitors the next time 'round!
London, England, United Kingdom
“Wonderfull experience”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

If you have a whole day to spare in Buenos Aires definitely a must do.
We had a lovely day in this very special polo club with great atmosphere. Nice people, good lunch and beautiful setting with around 200 horses.
We came with two a little more experienced riders and two total beginners and at the end of the day all played a small match of Polo against each other.
We definitely recommend this experience and Gaston our guide and coach.
Thanks for the great day!

Visited September 2012
puestoviejo, Public Relations Manager at Puesto Viejo Polo Day, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Dear Constantin, thanks for your review. It's super that you were able to have your 'wonderful experience' with us :) We certainly welcome you back if you happen to pass by this side of the world again!
Fort Worth, Texas
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun and unique experience...”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

It was a great day from the start. The weather was lovely and I took it as a good sign when Gaston and I met exactly as we discussed despite the adjustments we had to make. The drive wasn't too long and the Estancia is a lovely escape from the bustle of the city. It is a simple enclave, designed just like an estancia from the outside, but with cozy and warm features inside. The people I met and mostly interacted with (Holly, Angie, & Lee) were very kind and welcoming. The lunch was overall, the best meal I had in Argentina. Gaston's a very patient instructor and our lesson was good fun. He explained a lot about polo which helped a bit while I watched the matches. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much (since it's rather an intimidating sport), but I really did. When my travels take me back, I will definitely come around again.

Visited September 2012
Dearest Iris, it really was wonderful having you with us! And we're super glad that you loved our Argentine cuisine. Thank you, too, for sharing your travel stories with us. Our doors are always open to you. Happy traveling!
“A gorgeous day in the BA countryside experiencing polo”
Reviewed September 8, 2012

You cannot turn down this opportunity to experience polo in Argentina. Gaston is utterly charming; genuinely kind, patient, instructive and informative ( &not just about polo!).
Everything was so easy from beginning to end, so thank you to ALL the staff who made the day so lovely ( both front of house and beyond- kitchen staff, grooms included). We had instruction both in the morning and afternoon interrupted by a wonderful lunch where it would have been SO easy to finish the bottle but I knew I had to get back on the horse!
You 're in utterly safe hands with Gaston on the polo field (and the drive to & from BsAs) Thank you for your enthusiasm and encouragement as I assertively missed 90% of my attempts! The chat certainly gets going with maté

Gracias a todos

Brigid

Brigid, huge thanks for your super comments! Your friendliness and enthusiasm made our job so much easier - we loved having you with us for the day. Now at least you can say you played a spot of Polo in Argentina. Until next time...