“Great environment due to highly skilled and friendly staff”

Ibero Spanish School - Day Classes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Ibero Spanish School stands apart from the rest as the number 1 destination for learning Spanish for several reasons. We use exclusive and original textbooks designed by the Academic Director, who over the years has listened to what students want and need, and so has created 8 books to correspond to each of the levels offered. Our professors, who are all highly skilled, multi-lingual and experienced, are dedicated to helping students meet their language goals. In addition to this, Ibero is the most affordable school in Buenos Aires. You simply cannot find a better quality school at a more comfortable price.
Reviewed March 26, 2012

I've taken Spanish classes at Íbero for 6 weeks now, and it's been a great experience.
I started with the level beginners 2, but when I found this was too easy, I was easily transfered to a higher level, and now I've almost finished intermedio 2.
I have had two different teachers, Marina and Fernando, and both are great. They are highly skilled and the classes are very entertaining with a personal approach, which is a good environment for learning.
The current student coordinator, Danielle, is not only very friendly and helpfull, but also organises great activities for the students to discover the life in BsAs.

The school offers both morning and afternoon classes, but not always both options are available for one level. One tip: if possible, take dollars with you, 'cause it is cheaper to pay in dollars than in pesos (only cash is possible).
For me there is only one down side at this school. Each level consists of three classweeks, and students are allowed to join a new level even in the last week (while the level is already running for two weeks), which can be a bit uncomfortable for the current students.

Overall, I really enjoyed my time at Íbero and I wouldn't hesitate to go there again!

4  Thank josettemaria
There are newer reviews for Ibero Spanish School - Day Classes

Reviewed March 20, 2012

I really liked the atmosphere at Ibero, everyone was so friendly‼ I enjoyed the small classes because it made it much easier for everyone to get to know each other, and the staff are so welcoming. Especially the receptionist Danielle, awesome job keeping everyone up to date with all the cool activities‼

1  Thank Bailey S
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I've just completed my first week of Spanish lessons at Ibero and am looking forward to the next. The class sizes are good and Javier is a really enthusiastic teacher who makes learning Spanish fun! Danielle is not only good at co-ordinating things within the school but also organises fun social events for the students. Definitely a good school and value for money.

Laura

4  Thank hippy_flower
Reviewed March 20, 2012

I've had a great time at Ibero and would highly recommend it. The place is small, welcoming and friendly and the classes entertaining and enjoyable - and it's the cheapest group class we found in Buenos Aires.

The school has a nice reception area with wifi and some computers for students to use the Internet, and there's also a couple of open air spaces to enjoy the sunshine. I was impressed at the quality of my lessons - Javier really knows his linguistics, he's very enthusiastic and keeps everyone engaged throughout. They set homework, which takes a couple of hours each day, and there are periodic tests to confirm your knowledge. The school also suggests social activities to do in BA; last night we all went out for a great steak dinner and then drinks. The school was a great find - I'm really pleased to be studying here!

Simon Phillips

3  Thank thesimplesi
Reviewed February 17, 2012

My wife and I spent 3 wonderful weeks, at different levels of ability based on our previous experience with Espanol, at Ibero. We had heard great reviews thru a friend of our daughter, we liked the price compared to other schools, and we signed up for 3 weeks. We were very pleased with the pleasant teachers, the class size, the layout, the location, breaktime, and our progress in Spanish studies. Our young student classmates (we're in our 60s) from all over the world were fun to be with during our classroom discussions, all in Spanish. Our fearless coordinator, Tara, scheduled several evening and weekend outings for all students, if they wished, at places and events we would not have otherwise experienced. We found out that paying in US dollars was a little more economical than paying in Argentina pesos due to exchange rate differences. We highly recommend Ibero.
Joe and Lois